Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
|| DreamCasters || Fantasy - Intermediate/Advanced || Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 am

Irelia tilted her head to the side, curious. Parents in these parts let others tend to their hatchlings? Amazing. Irelia wasn't so sure she'd let another see her hatchlings, let alone watch them.

Hearing the hatchlings cry beckoned at Irelia's maternal instincts. Her motherly instincts told her to comfort the hatchilngs, feed them, raise them, but her dragonelle instincts told her to run, fly away, leave the hatchlings alone. They did not belong to her, and their parents would surely be angry if a strange dragonelle approached their hatchlings.

Snorting, she wove through the air and landed near the cave opening. The white dragon within was comforting them; how different from his stern disposition before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:25 pm
Navern knelt down and breathed a weak fire to calm done the hatchlings. "I'm sure your parents are fine, just wait." He said soothingly. He turned back to the newcomer. "I'm sorry for being so strict before, I'm just worried for the young ones.... Neh. I shan't be saying that. I'm young myself. Only fifteen summers."  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:50 pm

||Name change! Wheee!||

[Used to be: Icarii Enchanter WolfStar]
[Now: Talon StarDrifter]

Irelia snorted and shuffled her wings. He was a young dragon. He still had bits of egg shell on his frame compared to Irelia. His wings would have only uncased a few years ago. Irelia knew he was not as battle hardened as dragons her age would be. He would not be able to hold his own against an attack. He still had many years before he would grow to his full size. Irelia, on the other hand, was as big as any dragonelle was going to get.

"Hm. You are rather young to be put in charge of hatchlings," Irelia said, wings shuffling. Smoke rose in thin tendrils from Irelia's nostrils. "Are you not afraid that a dragon will attack while you are unprotected?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:49 pm
"I tell them stories. I do not look after them. Ninety nine percent of the time the parents stay. This is the first time they left for more then a minute." He sighed. He flicked his head back as a force of habit. "I'm not afraid of attack. I'm no fighter, and I may not look like it, but I am a pretty fast flyer." He walked to the hatchlings. "Your parents are on there way." He breathed some more fire on the roof of the cave and sighed.  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:31 pm

"You may be a fast flyer, but what about the hatchlings? You would leave them defenseless?" Irelia cocked her head to the side, studying the white dragon. The hatchlings regarded her with a mixture of fear and awe. Irelia ignored them. They were not hers, and she had no need to care for them.

Talons clicked on the rock as Irelia shifted on her perch. Irelia let out a steady stream of flame on the rock, warming it. She lay her great frame on the rock, warming herself. She was too tired to find a shelter for the night; if the parents of the hatchlings returned, she would leave immediately.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:10 pm
He looked at the ground "Then I would fight for them. I m weak, I know, but these children, I think, could bring homnids and dragon kind back together, which is why I tell them the stories of Old. I am but a weak, young dragon, that will have now influence in this world." He sighed. "I probably would fail, but anything to save the future."  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:02 am

||Just a quick question... Are you planning on the parents coming back?||

Irelia snorted. These young dragons... They were so set on hominids and dragons uniting and being peaceful. But no. That wasn't possible. Hominids and dragons were not meant to coexist in peace. The hominids made that impossible; they hunted dragons, drakes, hatchlings, eggs... They destroyed everything. They even destroyed each other. There was no resaon for many of the wars that had taken place before Irelia's eyes.

"Anything to save the future, hmm...?" Irelia mused, golden eyes twinkling. "You young dragons are very imaginative."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:32 am
((......No. Bwhahahahaha!))

Navern turned. "It's happened in the past. I have even met a peaceful human, sadly he was murdered when he found out when he was friends with a dragon. Me. Most homnids are brutal, you are right, but some are kind and peaceful... I wish it could go back to what it was like one thousand years ago." He flicked his head back. "And besides, I have to be imaginative. What thing about 'Storyteller' do you not understand?"  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:36 am

Irelia was deeply skeptical about this whole thing. Humans, elves and dwarves were a plague to this land; even if some of them were in fact pacifists, it was not worth the chance to spare them. There were too many who hunted dragons and their kin; all hominids were a danger to dragonkind, no matter their feelings.

"No, that's not imaginative thinking," Irelia argued idly. "That's wishful thinking. There's a difference. For every one friendly hominid, there's thousands of hominids who hate us. Frankly, I'd just like to have done with them all."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:59 pm
He sighed and stared up to the roof of the cave. "It might happen sometime. You never know." He was NOT like this dragonelle so far. He walked out of the cave and flew up into the sky. He slowly flew in circles, trying to scout for the parents. "Where the hell have they gone?"

((Writers block.))  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm

"I suppose," Irelia mused slightly. She sensed the irritation of the dragon. "I just don't think it'll happen in my liftetime. Hominids are so set in their ways; if I live to be half a century, I will possibly witness a little change, but probably not.” She shrugged her wings. “I think I myself am too set in my ways to ever view hominids with anything but distrust and anger.” Her eyes followed the dragon as he flew about overhead, scouting for the parents.

Irelia glanced back to the unsettled hatchlings. What would happen to them if their parents didn’t return? This dragon couldn’t care for them by himself; raising hatchlings took two.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm
((We seriously need somebody else to join. I have nothing to post.))  

Furyal

--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces