Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 pm
Your instructions have been set. A deep, soothing, calming celestial female voice informed. Accomplish your task with our speed.
The white light increased, and came close to blinding him again. His body could feel the affects of gravity pulling down his weight once more. No, not yet, he had to ask, he had to know...

"What will happen?" his voice desperately called out. The descent of his body increased in speed. "What if I can't give it to her in time?"

There was only a moment of hesitation, though for his falling body it felt as an eternity of waiting, waiting...

You will be lost.

The last thing he saw before his back touched water, was his own long, young, male, human arm and hand reaching out for his mercy.

In a building, in a hall, in a room, were two beings conversing in friendly terms. Across the warm stone were the steaming pools of water simmering temptingly, yet was not stifling, thanks to the open ceiling at one region. It would seem strange then, that this was the opening through which the body was flung.

Without warning, without lights or portals or visible magic, the circle holding the two winged characters splashed, directly in the middle. Under the rippling surface of the water, a tiny furred creature sunk to the bottom. The orange fur wrapped in the white bubbles of disturbance twisted and tumbled, desperate for air but unable to determine the correct direction, or even the method to move in the hot liquid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:55 pm

“Aväris!” Maar whined. “Don’t go to sleep on me again!”

Aväris only grunted in response. The water was so warm… He sighed blissfully, sinking into the steaming water until his mouth was submerged. Now Maar couldn’t say he had to reply. He would drown.

“Hey,” Maar said, leaning across the water, poking Aväris in the chest. “Wake up, damnit. Aväris…” Maar’s songlike voice trailed off as a grin took over his face. Maar leaned back again, his back against the rounded wall of the pool. He started to edge toward the dozing flihva, moving slowly so as not to make noise in the water. Aväris took no notice. Inching slowly, Maar had only moved a handspan before something careened into the water between Maar and Aväris. Maar let out a small exclamation of surprise before flinching half way out of the water. Water flew everywhere, drenching Maar’s blonde curls and unceremoniously shoving water into Aväris’s face. The orange missile sank to the bottom, struggling.

Aväris frowned as something splashed water onto his face. He blinked his eyes open, glaring at Maar. What sort of childishness was this?

“What was that?” Maar sputtered, water dripping down his pale face. Aväris frowned. What? “Something orange just fell into the water, Aväris! It’s weird!” He wildly pointed down at the orange blob flailing about in the water. Aväris rolled his eyes before reaching under the water to grab the furry object. He pulled it out by the back of its neck, staring at the orange mass of water and fur.

“… It’s a kitten,” Aväris said flatly.

“What?” Maar said, a skeptical look on his face. “Where the hell did a kitten come from?”

Aväris shrugged. He held the soggy kitten out at arm’s length, studying it curiously. He shook it a little.

“Beats me,” he replied, glancing at Maar. “You’re the one who was awake. Why don’t you tell me?”

Maar scratched his head a little, frowning at the kitten. “I dunno. It just came out of… nowhere.”

Aväris raised a skeptical brow before bringing the kitten closer to his face for better examination.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm
OOC:

Hm...this sounds quite interesting, actually! Is it supposed to help you remain in character when you write stories, etc.? It sounds like great practice, and an original idea! biggrin I have never seen anything like it!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:18 pm
Otulissa
OOC:

Hm...this sounds quite interesting, actually! Is it supposed to help you remain in character when you write stories, etc.? It sounds like great practice, and an original idea! biggrin I have never seen anything like it!

||Yup. biggrin Otaku created this so that we can learn more about the characters from our stories. We can put them in this environment so we can learn about their pasts and their characters and such. biggrin ||

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 am
((Hey, have you two been talking behind my back? *leers suspiciously* *Laughs* kidding! Yes, it is as Talon said. And someone can practice with other characters too. *cough cough*))

Why... why was everything so hot?
It was practically scalding to the tiny creature. Paws just barely over the size of thumbtacks expanded out, trying to claw at some surface. The infant instincts forced the kitten to call out for help, for some assistance, only to be shoved aside with an underwater wave. Water forced it's way into the miniature lungs even it bumped against the floor in it's forced path of travel.

After an eternity of fightings and drowning, a hand only just smaller than his own body snatched him from the floor. Cold unforgiving air made the creature shiver. It heard a voice. It opened it's pink mouth to breath, only it coughed and heaved, the body trying to clear it's air passages of water. The minute tongue pushed out past the microscopic sharp teeth. The kitten was a baby tabby, orange strips with a hint of yellow undercoat, though everything was darkened because it was soaked. The short hair plastered against the skinny body and tiny tail, making him appear horribly scraggly. It's paws reached out for some sense of stability, since it's eyes would not open thanks to the force of the heaves. Barely visible claws extended, uncontrollable at this stage of immaturity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Maar slid up next to Aväris, eying the kitten interestedly. The tiny thing was coughing, heaving. Aväris frowned. He did not know how to resuscitate a kitten, though if he did he was not sure he wanted to try.

"Give that here," Maar demanded, holding his hand out for the kitten. Giving him a skeptical look, Aväris reluctantly gave him the kitten. Maar caressed the tiny body in his hand. His other hand came up to stroke its bedraggled fur, hoping to calm it. It's tiny claws waved about, snagging at Maar's soft hands. Maar inhaled sharply, biting his lip slightly as the claws caught. Aväris gently removed the kitten's claws from Maar's hand, marveling at the kitten's smallness. Its paws were barely the size of his fingertips.

"This kitten looks to have just been born," Aväris mused, watching as Maar stroked the scraggly thing. "Its mother would not have let it out of her sight. How could this tiny thing appear out of nowhere with no signs of magic?"

Maar shrugged, not entirely concerned about the how. The blonde man had an affinity for animals; he often sang to them, enticing them to approach him. He tried this now.

Maar hummed a few notes, low and melodious. His gently sang a few words under his breath, mouth near the kitten's ears. He had never tried to sing to a newborn kitten, so he was unsure of how the bundle of soaking fur would react. It would probably keep struggling for breath if anything. Aväris watched Maar, his eyes riveted on his face. Before, Maar had said Aväris loved it when Maar sang to him. Well, Aväris loved it whenever Maar sang, period. His voice was unnaturally beautiful; it was as if Maar was a siren, though he did not eat his listeners. Maar's mouth curled up slightly as he sang, knowing Aväris was listening intently. However, he continued to sing softly to the kitten, hoping to calm the bedraggled thing.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 pm
OOC: Okay, I am going to do Shina from my Death Note fanfiction. The fanfiction is written in first person, so when I roleplay her, should I switch to third person?

Link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4134595/1/Life_Note  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:41 pm
Otulissa
OOC: Okay, I am going to do Shina from my Death Note fanfiction. The fanfiction is written in first person, so when I roleplay her, should I switch to third person?

Link:

||Yay! Please do join! I think mebbe you should do it in third person... It might be easier to read that way, since me'n'Otaku are doing it like that. biggrin ||

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:55 pm
OOC: Could you summarize what's going on first? XD;; Oh, and are the characters going to meet up?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:59 pm
Otulissa
OOC: Could you summarize what's going on first? XD;; Oh, and are the characters going to meet up?

||Well, my characters Aväris and Maar were bathing in a hot pool in a castle thingy, and Otaku's character got turned into a kitten. The kitten got thrown into the middle of the pool, and now Aväris and Maar rescued it and Maar is trying to calm it by singing to it. biggrin Your character could be ripped out of her own realm and dumped into mine [Aleah'Cim] since that's where our characters are. That's what happened to Otaku's character. Anywho, they're all in the hot springs room.||

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm
Introduction of Oshiro Shina (unless you want to say it Western style, then Shina Oshiro; Shina is her first name):

She is the main character of the Death Note fanfiction that I'm writing. It is called Life Note, and it's a chapter book. The story is told first person, in Shina's point of view. For this roleplay, I will write in third person so as to avoid confusion.

Basically, Shina is the first Life Note holder. The Life Note is the ultimate weapon against the Death Note. Shina has a Life God accompanying her everywhere. Torr is his name. He looks like a big blob of goo, and has fives eyes and a mouth. He's pretty small, too, and tends to ride on Shina's head. No one can see Torr, though.

The roleplay takes place in the near future. It's not 'too' futuristic, but it takes place a few years or so after the last episode/last book of Death Note.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Visit my Fanfiction for more information:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:15 pm
((Goodness, that certainly is an interesting story! I've only read the summary, but it makes me curious.
Well, you've met the requirements, so you may join!
Eetou, I do ask though that you not plop her in the bath house too. I mean having a bunch of people randomly pop up in the hot tub might cause some suspicion of the bath house on Maar and Avaris's behalf, and I would rather not have something along those lines. Just at least a bit of time for everything to settle at least. Maybe appear from outside or something. Fair enough? sweatdrop
Er, no wait, I have to ask first, if you want Shina in here, and you've already started writing about her, then what aspect of her do you want to work on?))  

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:44 pm
Finally, some semblance of stability!

Even as it coughed, the tiny kitten eagerly grabbed a hold of the soft surface his body was lowered onto. His shivering body reveled in the warmth of the flesh he stepped upon. His body stayed low, and his paws grabbed onto the skin eagerly, unfortunately letting out his claws in the process. It gave out a choked attempt at a babe's cry when he felt something prying his paws of the surface.

No, he didn't want to leave! He didn't want-
This kitten looks to have just been born.
What? Kitten? The creature in question coughed.
It's mother would not have let it out of her sight. How could this tiny thing appear out of nowhere with no signs of magic?

The claws that had been removed went under his body, huddling on itself to keep warm. Heaving and coughing slowed as more water expelled from the kitten. The human fingers brought only confusion and fear to his diminutive form. What was going on? Why was he like this, why was this happening?

As the low melody started, he paid it no mind, too warped in his own confusion to hear or care. Slowly his tiny triangles warmed from warm breath. He vibrated his head once to rid of the tickling, vibrated sensation against it's sensitive ears. The coughs grew more scarce, and the song more apparent.

It was... celestial. There were no other words the kitten could use to describe it. The melody was odd, the words foreign, and the song completely enrapturing. Combined with the gentlest of strokes, the body calmed, soothed by the song.

Slowly, the lids opened for the first time since he entered this realm. He turned his head to the direction of the song. His clear, round sky blue orbs widened awe as he saw not one, but two beings with beauty unlike anything he could have ever imagined. Majestic eyes, and flowing hair of the deepest, purest color. And he knew his eyes did not deceive him: Wings, behind each male figure in turn. Why was he here? And why was he like the way he was?

He had just exited the world of Aphrodite. He was convinced he just might have entered the world of Apollo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:01 pm
((Ooh...I have so many characters that need work! >.< Hmm...I just start with one from the very beginning, since I will write about him the earliest. >.<))
My character's name is Damek. I have yet to give him a last name. >.< He is 15 years old

Damek is from a series of books I hope to one day publish called, 'Under The Bloody Moonlight' He is the childhood best friend of my first main character, Shandra (who is also 15).

Like Otulissa's character, UBM takes place in the slightly modern future. Damek is a vampire slayer, currently under going slayer training. A slayer's life is very secretive, and slayers are even discouraged from talking about their training amonst other slayers. His best friend is a girl named Shandra, who lives alone with her step-father, who shelters her very much. On the occaions on which she is able to come out of the house or go to school, she spends the majority of her time with Damek. The thing is, Damek is secretly in love with Shandra.

This is as far as I will go! I don't want to give away too much just yet! So far, Damek is just a rough outline in my character journal, and fairly new. (unlike some of my other character's who have had almost a year and a half of development) So he needs a lot of work.

Now I have no specific setting for Damek, so wherever you think he'd be easiest to fit in...

Sun Salutation

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:16 pm
*Nods* He does sound like a character you could work with. Vague and fun, my favorite kind.

Hm, this is turning to be a bit of a problem. Not that I'm opposed, I would love to have him along, but suddenly having a bunch of characters pop up could be problematic, adding a subplot mystery I suppose I did not foresee.

sweatdrop Ano, you see, I actually hadn't expected people to really take interest in this so quickly, so I was unprepared for a whole group story line. If you can make a good reason for your characters to be sucked into the world, that's fine with me. I just want a bit of familiarity, instead of a whole bunch of unfamiliarity all at once, if that makes sense.

Hm.. maybe you and Otulissa's character (whatever that turns out to be) can meet first! *claps hands* Yes, that would be the perfect solution! Have them both appear outside and meet, and then come across Avaris, Maar, and Strider in a bit! That way, introductions won't be so hard on everybody... Although, that might mean more work for Talon. Unless you don't mind them describing the surroundings?  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff