Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
WiiWare Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm
I'll give you SC/SF 4. I'm not a MGS fan. Not a Ninja gaiden fan. (MGS and Gaiden are good, dont get me wrong, im just not a fan) Never heard of Lost Odyssey. Devil May Cry is an overrated piece of s**t (at least 3 was.. the one I played). Why play Killzone when there're are tons of better FPSes... even console exclusive ones at that.. Most final fantasies end up being on PC (7,8, and maybe 9 have PC versions, all prior are on Emus and maybe some PC collection), and every one after 7 was garbage (ok 8 and 9 had their merits but X, X-2, and XII were dumb)...

Most PC versions that have a delay end up being better since they fix glitches, give better online play, and have better controls. (See Halo PC, Gears of War, and Mass Effect/Fable/KotOR1+2 barring the online play.)

Like I said, it's going to take SF4 to be amazing, and maybe another game or two to get me to buy a new console.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:10 pm
The new final fantasy games aren't reaching PC, excluding XI expansions of course. You do realzie all of the final fantasy games you just listed as garbage were listed a greatest hits, and callled the greatests games of their time (Excluding X-2, which I though was incredibly dumb.) Hell, gamespot gave most of them average ratings of 9 or higher, not by the fans, but actual review ratings.

Devil May cry is calimed good for its story, but intense fun action. Number three got negetivity due to Dante being pretty annoying as a teenager. Number 4 was absolutely great, however. Kilzzone is actualyl a very very good FPS, just older than many of today. From what I have seen from killzone 2, interesting story, great gameplay, cool weapons, etc.

I agree with you on your part about the PC games having no glitches, all up until you said Kotor. I don't know about 1, but 2 had more glitches than the xbox, no lies. I believe the developers were rushed into making it (from what I heard) and were unable to fix many glitches. There are a couple of glitches that keep you from even completeing the game.

All in all, I find it a lot more fun pressing buttosn to atatck than clicking, but don't get me wrong I have done my share of PC gaming, not as much as most people, but enough to say I have been a PC gamer.

Heres some more games PC doesn't receive, as far as I know:

Kingdom hearts
Resident Evil
Fire Emblem
God of War
There are two new MMO's coming out for the PS3 that won't be hitting PC, as a way to test the system with MMO.I think they are:

The Agency
Champions online

Theres more games, I'll have to add them later. got to go.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:34 pm
So? FF4,6,and 7 are all still much better. 1,2,3, and 5 are also very decent. The characters in X and XII are ridiculously annoying. Seriously anyone who says that Vaan is a better main character than Cecil doesn't know what they're talking about.

You can also plug in most game controllers with adapters to play on the PC.

KH is on the PS2 which I have, Resident Evil 4 is on the Wii which I have (though for 5 I might look at 360), Fire Emblem is on the systems that I have, God of War doesn't really interest me.

And I'd like to see these MMOs compare to WoW or blizzard's 4th mystery MMO project...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 pm
I'll give you that vaan is incredibly annoying. Some of the other characters were cool, like balthier and Basch, but thats about it. I believe that FFXII was one of like ten games that ever received a 100/100 score from the Famitsu magazine, a well respected japanese gaming magazine.

WHo in number ten was annoying? Auron was a badass, Lulu had huge tits, wakka, oh....wakka is annoying. But he isn't all that important for the plot. And there is no way final fantasy 2 is better than 8, 9 or 10. That one got the worst ratings due to the moronic leveling system. I'm a huge fan, and I can admit that.

You know, when an MMO comes out they aren't always trying to compete with WoW, so you should stop comparing it to every MMO you hear about. The AGency is a first person shooter MMO with classes, equipement, etc, but guns only. CHamions is apparently a superhero MMO. Those don't really have the same audiences as WoW, the developers even said this themselves in a magazine article that I read.

More Games:
Tekken
Dead or Alive
Too Human
Fallout 3
Dark void
SOCOM confrontation
Guilty Gear 2
Star wars force unleashed
Strong Bad's cool game for attractive people (I know, I Know, wtf. I dunno, it looks fun.)

Really though, you might considering trying a metal gear solid game. Number 3 is the best for the PS2, and if you like you now have a reason to buy the game people call "The reason to buy a PS3: Metal Gear Solid. Not a joke, it really is the reason to buy the PS3.) And if your too lazy to play the games, look up the story on wiki and buy the fourth game.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:00 pm
Wakka, Tidus, Yuna... the entire culture...

I will definately compare every MMO to WoW. WoW isn't even that great of a game, but MMOs in general are so terrible that it's the best one. Just because a developer says something in a magazine doesn't make it real. The MMO should try to appeal to as many different people as it can, this is why WoW is so popular. You can play it casually and intensely.

Tekken, guilty gear, and DoA aren't that great in my opinion. Dunno what Too Human is. Don't really care that much about Fallout, or Socom. Don't know what Dark Void is. I'll give you that Star Wars unleashed has potential. Strong Bad's game is on the wii which I already have.

I tried MGS 3, but I was too impatient to play it correctly. I know they're great games, but im not a big fan of stealth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:12 pm
Deathguiser
xbox live arcade is pretty fun, downloadable classic arcade games with revamped graphics is awesome, and theres tons of choices. If you want to bash a systems downloadable content, I would go with the PS3- although you can download classic PS1/PS2 games, maybe even PSP games, but I'm not sure. I haven't tried wiiware, but from what I hear its great.

I think sony's morality should be questioned at this point. They've been phasing out backwards compatibility in the newer PS3s, and now PS2 and PS1 games are available to be downloaded for a price. So if you already have the game for PS2, you'll have to buy it again so it can be played on the PS3.

What a bunch of BS.  

Ten of Hearts

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:19 pm
Tidus isn't annoying, but I'll give you yuna.

Sorry, but I can't see most of the WoW players giving up the game for a superhero/FPS MMO, while I can't see players of a superhero/FPS MMO dropping theg ame to play WoW. Apparently neither can the developers.

Tekken is pretty good, granted not up to SC/SF, but still good. I am actually not a DOA or guilty gear person, but they are big names.

Too Human is a cybernetic take on Norse Mythology, with high tech sword, weapons, classes, online play, and incredibly length. Really nice graphics utilized by the Unreal Engine. If you liek diablo, you'd probably like this, although its a different style of camera, and less click and watch gameplay, more hack and slash intense action, with the whole leveling trees and what not.

Have you heard of Fallout? I can't really imagine it not bein somewhat interesting, but I guess everyone has their tastes. I love the whole open ended gunlsinging zombie fighting game. Sounds pretty cool.

Dark Void is another sweet upcoming game. It focuses on mid air gun fights, utilizing jetpakcs, hoverpacks, etc. with badass guns, cool story, very smart AI, and the best mid air combat you'll ever experience.

As for MGS4, after you meet the drebin (A gun seller) And you get your big guns out, you really don't have to play stealthily. Remember how in every other metal gear, weapons were obtained on site? Well first off, you can pick up guns fro mthe dead bodies instead of continuously dropping their bodies for a random weapon drop, guns can even be bought and sold. Hell, on the last level I went all out commando completely customizing his M4 to blow through the ranks of soliders just so I could beat the s**t out of liquid snake with my bare hands.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:36 pm
Tidus has been rated one of the whiniest main game characters of all time...

My point was that saying that "It's for a different audience" in the case of the super hero MMO is not a very good excuse for not trying to compete with WoW.

I still refuse to buy a 360 until I need it for SF4, RE5, and some other games that are worth dishing out the money. I actually have to work for most of my money so if I'm going to buy an overpriced 360 to begin with (no point in cheaping out on the models with shitty hard drives), I want to make sure there are some games worth playing.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:33 pm
You know they dropped the price of the 360 another hundred bucks, max price is $300. I really don't see how a super hero MMO or a FPS MMO would be trying to steal audiences from WoW, but whatever. Just buy the occasional game magazine, or go on the websites, and I'm sure you'll find games that are worth while.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 am
I have a subscription to game informer. It's a terrible magazine for the most part. Very few games interest me. D=  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:10 am
I like EGM just because they can be funny. other than that, I just like any other magazine.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff