Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Mixed Vegetables Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:46 am
I own volumes 1-4 and I must say: Definitely good book, definitely comes out far too slow. D:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:49 pm
I love this series! It's a mix of cute, and funny, as well as dramatic action and a real dense plot! I can't wait for the next volume!  

nuripyon

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm
Just read volume 5...really good, series makes you want to keep reading...
does anyone know if this creator has done any other series?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 pm
Kanna_chisamii

Her main other series has been Hybrid Berry, but she mostly seems to have a lot of one shots. I think she just started another series in Margaret magazine though. None of her other works have been licensed yet. Hope that helped at least some! :]

kel aka gandy
Captain

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:16 pm
kel aka gandy
Kanna_chisamii

Her main other series has been Hybrid Berry, but she mostly seems to have a lot of one shots. I think she just started another series in Margaret magazine though. None of her other works have been licensed yet. Hope that helped at least some! :]

yes, it did! thanks--  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 am
I own Volumes 1-6 and really want to buy 7 >_<  

rosed_ruby

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm
Started reading this series. I'm on volume 2 at the moment. It's...cute, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Some of that is probably due to the fact that I just read two really kick a** series (Beauty is the Beast and Sand Chronicles), so I'm probably subconsciously comparing Mixed Vegetable to them.

The guy with black hair in their cooking group...name starts with an M...(oh God, no one will ever remember him xd ); I really hope we see more of him. Actually, I hope he ends up as the love interest of someone. Shy guys are super cute heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:35 pm
Is it wrong if I think Hayato's dad is WAY HOTTER than he is? cool  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm
maple_chan

hahaha, nope, definitely not! Even Komura says multiple times that she has a thing for older dudes, and it's pretty obvious in the way she depicts them~ :3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:20 am
kel aka gandy
maple_chan

hahaha, nope, definitely not! Even Komura says multiple times that she has a thing for older dudes, and it's pretty obvious in the way she depicts them~ :3

Awesome xd Besides, I'm getting to the age where me liking the guys in shojo manga is making me a bit of a cradle-robber D; I should probably move on to josei manga soon...  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:34 am
maple_chan
Awesome xd Besides, I'm getting to the age where me liking the guys in shojo manga is making me a bit of a cradle-robber D; I should probably move on to josei manga soon...

meh. I'm almost 22 (though you said you were in college, so we're probably not too far off in age) and still love shojo manga and the boys. Though I do admit, I get the whole almost cradle-robber feeling... Go with a mix of josei and shojo~ I love series that originally ran in Ribon, but now I've kind of moved to Margaret (Mixed Vegetables, Tail of the Moon, Stepping on Roses, The Devil and Her Love Song, and others ran in it) which is geared to a slightly older demographic, though still not quite the josei demographic. There's a pretty big lack of josei manga in the states. I wish Viz would try something out with more josei titles (heck, I would be happy if they started with like one josei title a month to test the waters).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 pm
kel aka gandy
maple_chan

meh. I'm almost 22 (though you said you were in college, so we're probably not too far off in age) and still love shojo manga and the boys. Though I do admit, I get the whole almost cradle-robber feeling... Go with a mix of josei and shojo~ I love series that originally ran in Ribon, but now I've kind of moved to Margaret (Mixed Vegetables, Tail of the Moon, Stepping on Roses, The Devil and Her Love Song, and others ran in it) which is geared to a slightly older demographic, though still not quite the josei demographic. There's a pretty big lack of josei manga in the states. I wish Viz would try something out with more josei titles (heck, I would be happy if they started with like one josei title a month to test the waters).

Yeah, I'm about two weeks away from being 22 3nodding

I don't know a ton about Japanese manga magazines, sadly. I really should pay more attention to them. I have a copy of LaLa that I bought when I was studying in Tokyo, but that's it (I primarily got it because I recognized so many of the titles: Ouran, Vampire Knight, etc.) (that, and it came with a really cute Tamaki x Haruhi phone strap <3 ) I also know...Hana to Yume? Is that it? I dunno if the middle word was "to". But I think that's the magazine that ran Fruits Basket... (My knowledge on these subjects is absolutely terrible. Is there a nice English site that summarizes the general collection of manga magazines being published currently? Or even if it's not in English...)

I have not read a lot of josei, but what I HAVE read makes me wary. Two of the four josei series I read ended in incest, which is something I'm not okay with. sweatdrop

That would be nice, though, if Viz tried that. Even if they only added one josei title a year, that would still be a big step for the American manga industry.

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:37 pm
maple_chan
[Yeah, I'm about two weeks away from being 22 3nodding

I don't know a ton about Japanese manga magazines, sadly. I really should pay more attention to them. I have a copy of LaLa that I bought when I was studying in Tokyo, but that's it (I primarily got it because I recognized so many of the titles: Ouran, Vampire Knight, etc.) (that, and it came with a really cute Tamaki x Haruhi phone strap <3 ) I also know...Hana to Yume? Is that it? I dunno if the middle word was "to". But I think that's the magazine that ran Fruits Basket... (My knowledge on these subjects is absolutely terrible. Is there a nice English site that summarizes the general collection of manga magazines being published currently? Or even if it's not in English...)

I have not read a lot of josei, but what I HAVE read makes me wary. Two of the four josei series I read ended in incest, which is something I'm not okay with. sweatdrop

That would be nice, though, if Viz tried that. Even if they only added one josei title a year, that would still be a big step for the American manga industry.

the List of Manga Magazines on Wikipedia can be pretty useful. Most (though not all) of the individual pages have information on what series are running in each magazine. :]

And yeah, it's Hana to Yume~ :]

Did you happen to read some of the LuvLuv imprint josei titles? I don't think incest is a common thing...though I've read a number of series that had potential incest that turned out to not be incest (Marmalade Boy and Wild Act both had characters that at time thought they were related, but weren't in the end), but yeah...not something I'm into either.

I really wish Viz would publish some of Wataru Yoshizumi's short josei titles. She has sooo many works and all that I've read have been awesome! I'd also kill for some more Yuki Yoshihara~ :3  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games