Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
What is your personal concept of the divine? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kheperu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 pm
I'm a hard polytheist. All the gods and goddesses exist, even the Christian God although he is not how Christians perceive. Some Gods and goddesses are the same, they just have different names...I think. I haven't fully gotten my beliefs all sorted out yet. But I definitely believe in Aphrodite. I know she exists, in my reality at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 pm
Kheperu
I'm a hard polytheist. All the gods and goddesses exist, even the Christian God although he is not how Christians perceive. Some Gods and goddesses are the same, they just have different names...I think. I haven't fully gotten my beliefs all sorted out yet. But I definitely believe in Aphrodite. I know she exists, in my reality at least.

Yeah, I have some trouble working out which Roman deities are Greek deities with a different name, which were simply Roman, and which were sort of Roman with a layer of Greek over the top.

I don't think Venus is Aphrodite. But I'm not sure. I don't want to offend anyone so I focus my attention on the Greek pantheon wink At least I know where I stand with the ^_^  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Kyreie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:12 am
I tend to think of the Divine as a chain of command of sorts. First, the Lady and Lord, then the gods and goddesses, then the rest of the world/universe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:11 am
Kyreie
I tend to think of the Divine as a chain of command of sorts. First, the Lady and Lord, then the gods and goddesses, then the rest of the world/universe.

A nice little metaphor I considered once was a King and Queen, and then all their nobles, and then us plebs xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:01 pm
As far as I'm concerned, I view everything as being a part of the universe, including the God and Goddess. All divine powers are really just what we percieve the universe to be.

Then, personally, I choose to personify the Universe as the God and Goddess, and then i choose to personify them by different dieties, and those dieties are personified my things in nature and animals and the like.

Then there are humans, us, which tap into the knowledge of the dieties, God and Goddess, and Universe (which are all essentially the same thing) with the psychic mind (subconcious) and personify traits of some dieties and then take on our own, due to enviornmental influences and our personal experiences (please note: enviornemntal influences and personal experiences, while linked as is everything else, is not the same thing) using things that we believe help us do this, such as candles, meditation, books, prayers, dance, song, etc. A prime example of this is how exorcisisms involving crosses and the Bible work just as well as those with a pentacle and herbs and candles, granted only in the hands of those who believe in its power, whether it's due to them needing help and hoping it will work or because they know it will help from personal experiences/beliefs.

I'm a very philophocal person. Not necessarilly logical (I could get into a philosophical conversation there, but I won't), just philosophical. I could discuss this at length (which I have one time for a college-level essay linking Zues, an African god, and then Jesus Christ and showing how they all had the three basics of a "ruling" God, but then showing how they differred in proportions to these three chracteristics, much like how women differ in breast, buttox, and neck proportions (those being choosen due to their universal and constant view of attractiveness, one often more attractive than the other two)) but again, I won't. Not unless asked to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 pm
I'm a hard polytheist biggrin
While I can see soft polytheism working for some people, it just...seems to take away unique and specific attributes from each deity in order to get them all to fit into the "all gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess" mold. Not to mention the huge contradictions that would surface.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:15 pm
I believe in the dual male and female gods, the same as Neo-Wicca. I also believe in the deities of other paths as just different images of those timeless, all-powerful beings.

I also believe in the holiness of Jesus, Mohamed, and Buddha types. But they are not deities, just... I don't know a good word for them... but they're not demi-gods, either... >.<;;

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games