Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Grammar Nazis Unite! Share your misspelling horror stories! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read Lynne Truss?
  Yes! I worship at her feet!
  Long Live "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves!"
  I've heard of her, but never read her...maybe I should?
  Who is she?
  No
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:20 pm
Kahahana
NightIntent
Kahahana
This is a very predominantly female guild. And I love it.

There used to be a few more guys. Maybe all the girls scared them away? XD
This may be true.

The world (read: this guild) may never know. n.n  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:23 am
Quote:

Quote:

Or maybe girls just read more because we're smarter? wink  

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:25 am
Minerva the Whore 4 Books
Quote:

Quote:

Or maybe girls just read more because we're smarter? wink

XD You're right, that must be it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:36 pm
Nah...It's the whole macho guy schtick (sp?)...

They hate being seen reading voluntarily because it's seen as "gay". *rolls eyes*

If they ARE reading any fantasy/sci-fi, it's mostly the sort of war stuff that authors like Harry Turtledove writes. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying that Harry Turtledove is a bad author [I really enjoy the World At War series], but his work is seen by many as "macho enough" for a guy to read voluntarily) *rolls eyes again* That stupid, dinky little Y chromosome...  

GuardianDragonsSpirit

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:56 pm
I absolutely abhor typos and grammar errors. I've learned to close my eyes at posts and fanfics, but I hate when there is something so messed up in a published book that I have to take a pencil and change it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 pm
I see grammaticla errors in books all the time and I just can't believe that it went through at least a couple peole(author, editor, publisher) and the still had a typo.
lso when I'm reading through the books I'll come upon sentences that I have to reread a couple of times because it doesn"t quite make sense, but that could just be me.
I can tell you one of my own personal spelling horror stories, I once spelled two t-y-o in front of my enitre fifth grade class.  

Shexyfeline92

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Wissakins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 am
Your post hurt my eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Wissakins
Your post hurt my eyes.

Is that why they're bleeding? XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Wissakins

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 am
Yes, I had to gouge out my eyes because of all the errors in that post. I feel better now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 am
An excellent idea. Sadly, I don't have the mental fortitude for doing it. Glad it makes you feel better. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

eda bell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 am
I borrowed a book from someone, they hated grammar mistakes so much that they had underlined them an wrriten corrections!

(Worse I'm english and the authors American, so there was a debate on how to pronounce "herbs" IT'S GOT AN "H" IN IT)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:58 am
Yes, well, we crazy americans pronounce a lot of things different. Not to mention we spell things different. And I don't care if it does have an H, I'll still pronounce it 'erbs. mrgreen  

Wissakins

Venus of the Crows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm
My driver's ed final was today, and the question was about flashing your headlights and what they mean. One of the choices was
"To chow the other person the right of way"
?!??!?!?
Obviously, she meant "to show", but how does someone screw up that badly? Most of the time, I use a 4 color pen, so when I take tests I use the proper proofreading marks to fix the tests, including the English teacher's.
She couldn't even pronounce "prestidigitation"!
WTF?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:35 am
I recently started playing an online rpg called Holic. Apparently, its originally Korean. Whoever they got to do the translating needs serious spelling help. Every time I start a quest, I want to get out a big red pen and fix the mistakes. They should hire me just to spell check everything. lol  

Wissakins

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 pm
My brother is the Grammar Nazi. No, seriously. His avatar looks like Adolf Hitler, and he has these concentration camp pictures. He posts them whenever someone misspells a word or something. He's a blast.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff