Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Somking Haram - Why?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:41 am
tassan
BeXlieXve
Technically, going by your logic, smoking should be a sin in Christianity too. The greatest sin we can commit is suicide, and smoking is basically just a slow form of that. I'd never thought about it as a sin before.

i really like your post!!

in terms of its really easy to get what i guess i wanted to say!!

its a kind of suicide!!

Yes, just more of an indirect suicide.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:14 am
BeXlieXve
tassan
BeXlieXve
Technically, going by your logic, smoking should be a sin in Christianity too. The greatest sin we can commit is suicide, and smoking is basically just a slow form of that. I'd never thought about it as a sin before.

its a kind of suicide!!

Unfortunately people will still disagree that it's suicide and will continue smoking regardless of the risks.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 am
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
tassan
BeXlieXve

its a kind of suicide!!

Unfortunately people will still disagree that it's suicide and will continue smoking regardless of the risks.

the question comes out is

why they dun believe it?

and how to make them believe in this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
tassan
BeXlieXve

its a kind of suicide!!

why they dun believe it?

That's actually a misconception. Almost everyone that smokes knows how bad it is for them. They choose to do it anyway. Both of my parents smoke. Mom has tried to quit, but she's never able to do it. My dad just doesn't want to quit, so he doesn't even try.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:31 pm
BeXlieXve
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
tassan
BeXlieXve

its a kind of suicide!!

why they dun believe it?

That's actually a misconception. Almost everyone that smokes knows how bad it is for them. They choose to do it anyway. Both of my parents smoke. Mom has tried to quit, but she's never able to do it. My dad just doesn't want to quit, so he doesn't even try.

well here in Pakistan there are like billboards of "Smoking is harm" and all of the kind stuff but people stick smoke!!

most of the people find it royal? and some find it relaxing and some just want to pass their time!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:36 pm
We have similar billboards here. Not ones that say "smoking is haram" or "smoking is a sin," because the United States is a mainly secular nation, but they say things like, "smoking is child abuse."  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:38 pm
Yes it is true that they know, but what about the people who have things that could get them to stop, yet they never even think of trying it out to see if it works?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 am
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
tassan
BeXlieXve

its a kind of suicide!!

why they dun believe it?

they believe it .. but can't quit it since they are addicted to it , u knw there are a very small amount of people quitted smoking forever ,, coz it's a seriouse addiction .
i guess we must always remind them of how dangarouse it is .. and try to dicrease the amount of the cigs that they smoke for example , try to make them smoke 2-3 rather than 5-6 or more .. and day on day .. they will make it to 1 cig a day , and eventually they will quit since they see that 1 cig is nothing comparing to what they used to smoke so they stop !!

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

kasimir-b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 am
i thought smoking was considered makruh.

oh well, thank god i dont smoke. i prefer the taste of skoal apple anyday. and when camping, a little redman or levi garrett is always good.

*disclaimer: while i do use smokeless tobacco, what i have previously stated is NOT my way of saying that chewing tobacco is ok. chewing tobacco is the most addictive form of tobacco. i do not reccomend anyone to actually try chewing tobacco,

however, i must say, i love the nicotine buzz, and i love th fact that i can walk in any building and still keep a dip in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 am
kasimir-b

oh well, thank god i dont smoke. i prefer the taste of skoal apple anyday. and when camping, a little redman or levi garrett is always good.

*disclaimer: while i do use smokeless tobacco, what i have previously stated is NOT my way of saying that chewing tobacco is ok. chewing tobacco is the most addictive form of tobacco. i do not reccomend anyone to actually try chewing tobacco,

however, i must say, i love the nicotine buzz, and i love th fact that i can walk in any building and still keep a dip in.

chewing tobacco?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 am
tassan
kasimir-b

chewing tobacco?
I don't really know how tobacco looks... I toth it was some dust thingy from grass ore some other plant...

But tobacco is haram 3nodding

I really wonder how it thastes since muslims make sureside(4ever hell) because of it....

LøL i know that if i thake a smoke, then i can stop again biggrin

I am not weak like the smokers... Huh, they are too weak to stop smoking crap?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 pm
you, my learned friend, obviously have never been addicted to nicotine. dont judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. you have not said anything to justify your ability to judge anyone's recovery from an addiction. if you had been an actual smoker, or dipper, you would understand how hard it really is to quit.

as to you making an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is flawed. yes, smoking can kill. it can decreases your lung capacity, and in the long run, can cause mutations in the lungs, and can cause cancer. but a person can also use the above mentioned substances and not get cancer. note: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TOBACCO USE, but please realize, just because you do not use them, you do not have the right to automatically judge them.

Zaaki
tassan
kasimir-b

chewing tobacco?
I don't really know how tobacco looks... I toth it was some dust thingy from grass ore some other plant...

I really wonder how it thastes since muslims make sureside(4ever hell) because of it....

kasimir-b

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 am
kasimir-b
you, my learned friend, obviously have never been addicted to nicotine. dont judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. you have not said anything to justify your ability to judge anyone's recovery from an addiction. if you had been an actual smoker, or dipper, you would understand how hard it really is to quit.

as to you making an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is flawed. yes, smoking can kill. it can decreases your lung capacity, and in the long run, can cause mutations in the lungs, and can cause cancer. but a person can also use the above mentioned substances and not get cancer. note: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TOBACCO USE, but please realize, just because you do not use them, you do not have the right to automatically judge them.

Zaaki
tassan
kasimir-b

chewing tobacco?

gotcha but! you didn't tell me. They dun chew tobacco? do they?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 am
tassan
kasimir-b

Zaaki
tassan
kasimir-b

chewing tobacco?

who chews tobacco? i do.

wtf does dun mean? use some form of the english language  

kasimir-b

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 am
kasimir-b
tassan
kasimir-b

Zaaki
tassan

chewing tobacco?

who chews tobacco? i do.

wtf does dun mean? use some form of the english language

sweatdrop i meant "They don't chew tobacco? do they?"

because you said they chew tobacco?

kasimir-b
aking an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is....

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff