Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Host
  Love it!
  Its okay...heh...
  Uh...I haven't read it yet...
  Its..not as great as the frist series!
  Not Sure...I'll get back to you on that.
View Results

Images of broken light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm
I LOVED it!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:20 am
I liked it, not as good as the Twilight series.

But it seemed to me that The Host is an imitation of Twilight. Hell it seemed like they even said the same lines sometimes.

But overall i liked it, i finished it last night just so i can get revved up for Breaking Dawn tomorrow!  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Dark_Rose_Aeris

4,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:02 am
I love it, although i though Twilight was better i still thought the basic idea was rather good. I hope they make a movie of it as well because it would be interesting to see what the aliens look like outside my imagination. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 am
I heard that its a great book, but sadly due to a bit of money issues mrgreen I haven't read it yet...But from what you guys say the book is gud... 3nodding  

haloeclipse270

HylianLegacy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 pm
Unfortunately I havent read it yet (though is sounds terrific)... lol it sounds like a mix of Twilight and the old Animorphs books lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am
I thought that the Host was a pretty good book! I really liked it. My favorite characters were Ian and Jeb. Ian because he's cool and really sweet, and Jeb because he's really funny and crazy. I like crazy characters. ^^

U P H i G H onthe d L

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 am
I liked it, but not as much as the Twilight series... It was okay, but the first 300 pages were just boring and I really missed more funny scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:22 pm
I quite enjoyed the Host.
I liked the way Stephenie played on different aspects of fear. It was quite interesting.
It has a different captivation factor than Twilight, and I think thats where people misjudge it. They look for the same thrill Twilight has and when they don't find it, they give up on it saying 'it's not as exciting as Twilight, but it's still okay . . .'

The Host makes you think more than Twilight does. The Host is somewhat frightening, and has this almost disturbing feel to it that creeps up on you during the night.
It makes you think a lot about humanity. Stephenie has this way of pulling you into her world, and making you feel what she wants you to feel. So while you're living in the world where aliens have conquered the world you feel all these different kinds of fears . . . I find myself feeling more like a third person, watching the main events, so I feel like I'm living in this world. It's downright frightening!

So it kind of gives more meaning to the phrase 'you don't know what you got till it's gone'
It made me think a lot about what I want to do with myself . . .

Overall, excellent novel.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas