Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Naruto Dub Opinions ~what do YOU think?~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Naruto Dub?
  Meh... it's ok. Could have been done better.
  Dude, i LOVE it!!
  Arg, i HATE IT!!
  Haven't seen it, might see it later.
  Haven't seen it, and i WON'T!
  I could have done better!!
  ..Naruto was Dubbed?
View Results

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:56 am
You guys, the pronounciations with most VA's isn't that bad. Yes, Iruka's was awful, but they DO SAY SASUKE AND SAKURA CORRECTLY. Konohamaru and Hokage were also done right by the Naruto VA.

The cut-outs are stupid, but like GET OVER THE ENDINGS. They're cool, but they're Japanese. The American endings are shorter, because we have more commercial breaks. If CN kept the music, they wouldn't be able to fit the show in.

Hot Topic buying merch is bad? I mean, online places are cool, but at least you can steal from hot topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:47 pm
lets see...where do i begin? stare 1st of all, i dislike Naruto's dubbed voice..sounds so...annyoing and childish. (almost like a lil girl) and 2nd i really hate they way they pronounce names such as hokage, naruto, ect. ...really bugs the heck outta me. only good thing i can say bout this new naruto...is at least they kept the same cool ninja music (like when they're fighting!)  

Crazy_Fox007

Xeno_Fenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:07 pm
Ok..lets start. I have not watched all episodes, so I can not criticize to the full extent, but I will do as much in my power. smile . Ok lets start with pronounciation(might not be spelled correctly). Everything is pronounced like they are trying to pronounce the names WAY TOO HARD. It rolls off your tongue, they need not to butcher it. Next, I hate Naruto's voice, it sounds like the avatar guy thats an air bender on that show...called...Avatar I think. I wish that the show would be canceled so I can be happy being a Naruto lover and doing things they do withought people saying, "Hey! You stole that from that cartoon!" Then everyone will say I watch cartoons and it will spread like wildfire...wow....I went WAY off the subject. Oh well, my opinion is that I hate the show and I want it to be canceled ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:18 pm
i haven't had the oppurtunity to see the American dubbed version and i'm not too interested. im content with the subtitles (as choppy as they may sometimes be) and the voices are too good in japanese to change. oi oi, well i suppose it's cool that Naruto is "offically" in the states now...for those poor unfortunates who no nothing of it's greatness. ninja  

cpt_morgan

A Magicians Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:30 pm
My vote was "Meh... it's ok. Could have been done better." And, just so you all know, I'm copy and pasting this entire post from a LiveJournal entry I made after watching the premiere last weekend.

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually thought it was pretty decent, and tolerable to watch. I didn't really have any real problems with it either, except for the few minor edits (but we all know that was coming) and SOME of the voices.

I watched it with three of my other friends and there were just moments that we had to burst out in laughter.

Voice acting was okay. I think the Hokage (the third) has the best voice, so far. Took me a while to get adjusted to Naruto, although I still don't think I like his voice. Ebisu is Crispin Freeman. I kept thinking of Alucard everytime he spoke. XD

If I would've typed this RIGHT after I watched the first two episodes, I would've had a lot more to complain about. The only thing that's still bothering me as of now is... "Shadow Replication Jutsu!" Okay, if you're going to translate something, I think you should either keep it ALL in English, and not mix it in with Japanese like that. "Shadow Replication Technique!" would have sounded much better... Or maybe I'm just so damn used to hearing "'Name here' no Jutsu!"

Gah, I'm too tired to type anymore. My brain is shutting down for the night as much as it is. One last thing...

YOU FAIL! XD

Oh, and I'll keep watching my fansubs. I'm up to episode 137. I do plan on helping support Naruto in the U.S. through buying other products, EXCEPT the DVDs. I love my Japanese voices with English subtitling more. ^^; The voices are way better anyway.

I also forgot to mention, I laughed so hard after watching the opening, that I almost started crying. XD;

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:55 pm
I would never even dare to wath the dubbed version domokun domokun domokun  

kooruneko

Razoru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:34 pm
i dont like it at all ita really bad the timesing is bad takeing the blood out the voice dont fit almost everything OF CORSE THEY HAD TO RUIN THE INTORS AND OUTTROS.and they took out the part where naruto and sasuka mistaken to kiss but didnt really.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:44 pm
Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu
My vote was "Meh... it's ok. Could have been done better." And, just so you all know, I'm copy and pasting this entire post from a LiveJournal entry I made after watching the premiere last weekend.
I didn't care enough to post in my lj about it -_-

UM okay, Naruto is played by a girl in BOTH Japan and America kthx.  

Captain Verd

A Magicians Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:00 am
Captain Verd
Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu
I didn't care enough to post in my lj about it -_-

UM okay, Naruto is played by a girl in BOTH Japan and America kthx.

I mainly posted it in my LJ because a lot of my other friends are into Naruto as well. XP

I thought he sounded like a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:56 pm
He sounds like a girl in both ^^;;  

Captain Verd

SatoruX

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:40 pm
I didn't really like the voice acting very much mainly on Naruto himself but the other characters are okay I believe.. The prounounciations (Crap I know I didn't spell that right..) were pretty bad from the episodes I've seen.. also they didn't show Sasuke and Naruto kiss xD hmm but hey what can you expect but the worst and hope for the best even though the best never comes... I just hope they don't totally ruin Gaara..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:12 pm
I didn't hear the legitemately released dubbing, so I can't really comment. I've only seen/heard Naruto in fansubs. But, I haven't heard of anyone who really liked the released dubbing. One budy of mine, whose first language is Japanese says that they are awful and pitied me.  

Yuichi Newton

Masked Mirage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:24 pm
I thought the Naruto dub was alright. They did a decent job. The only voice that I didn't like was Naruto's. He sounds like he's sick and his voice is raspy. Even though they took out some blood they left some in so it's not that bad. But overall their voices aren't that bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 pm
It sucks. Except for Konohamaru and Sasuke they didn't get the voices right at all. Naruto's voice is horrible. And they took out the nosebleed and the kiss with Sasuke and Naruto.

And they don't pronounce the names right. It isn't NAAAAAruto its Naruto. And I aways said Sasuke like sa-soo-key not sa-soo-kay.  

xSweetSorrowx

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:03 pm
Okay, well Sasuke is pronounced Sas-kay, like without the u, or a short u, not sa-soo-key at all.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff