Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Okami>Saving Baby Seals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:16 pm
Muleferdan
nitnit
Then watching that show from the 70s (maybe 80s) where people played arcade games.

???Code Monkeys??? That is the only thing I can think of.

No scrub, High Score. I'm talkin' original G4  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 pm
nitnit
Muleferdan
nitnit
Then watching that show from the 70s (maybe 80s) where people played arcade games.

???Code Monkeys??? That is the only thing I can think of.

No scrub, High Score. I'm talkin' original G4

Sorry oh mighty scrub keeper, didn't get G4 till three years ago.

Its changed a lot even since then.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Yeah, I was referring back to like 2002 ish (I think...)

Back when for uber geeks like me watching cinematech was a big deal.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:31 pm
nitnit
Yeah, I was referring back to like 2002 ish (I think...)

Back when for uber geeks like me watching cinematech was a big deal.

Cinematech was pretty good sometimes though. It just made me want to buy the games.

There were occasional non-video game related shows that interested me sometimes. Happy Tree Friends, the ultimate cartoon violence mini show. And I think I first saw a bit of Dr. Tran on G4... though that is kind of a stretch seeing as how Dr. Tran is one of the the most inappropriate shows I've seen on YouTube.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 pm
Yeah, that happened after the beginning of the end of G4. Pretty much the merger with Tech TV is what messed it up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:03 pm
ANYWAY

Okami is awesome...I am currently at the part where you battle Evil Rao.

I'm pretty far along in the game so if anyone needs help please PM me.

That is all.  

Muleferdan

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:57 pm
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks G4 went down the drain.Cheaters,Cops,Street Fury...?WTF?What does any of that have to do with games?I do watch X-Play for the jokes only(the reviews suck)and Ninja Warrior is sweet.Code Monkeys is good too...but that's about it anymore.What ever happened to the old Filter with Diane Mizota and Cinematech?

Anyway,on topic,I loved Okami but from what I hear the wii version kinda sucks with the controls and all(has the PS2 version)I also found it very easy,but that didn't make it any less fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks G4 went down the drain.Cheaters,Cops,Street Fury...?WTF?What does any of that have to do with games?I do watch X-Play for the jokes only(the reviews suck)and Ninja Warrior is sweet.Code Monkeys is good too...but that's about it anymore.What ever happened to the old Filter with Diane Mizota and Cinematech?

Anyway,on topic,I loved Okami but from what I hear the wii version kinda sucks with the controls and all(has the PS2 version)I also found it very easy,but that didn't make it any less fun.

Sentiments shared exactly...except for Okami.

The Controls are hard to get down at first but once you get used to them it gets better.

Especially once you get some rosaries which are the closest to long distance you get.  

Muleferdan

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:15 pm
I'm not judging the wii version,I've never played it,but I hear it's got tougher controls then the PS2 version.In fact I absolutely loved the game and pre-ordered it when the original came out.I just found it way too easy:3I do hope for a GOOD sequal though.

I always prefered the mirrors and glaves over the beads though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I'm not judging the wii version,I've never played it,but I hear it's got tougher controls then the PS2 version.In fact I absolutely loved the game and pre-ordered it when the original came out.I just found it way too easy:3I do hope for a GOOD sequal though.

I always prefered the mirrors and glaves over the beads though.

Mirrors...seriously? I hate the mirrors except in occasional defense.

Glaives are...meh. I like them best as a secondary weapon to knock over baddies then bead 'em to pretty flowery death.

I'm trying to think what the sequel would be about. I'm finding myself hesitating to try to finish the game because I don't want it to end.

Soon I will be fighting Lechku & Nechku.  

Muleferdan

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm
Finished!

Favorite Boss: Lechku & Nechku

Least Favorite Boss: Nine-Tails that mother ******** weapon: Tundra Beads

Favorite sub-weapon: Thunder Edge

Favorite of the 13 Brush Abilities: Blizzard.

Best perk of completion: Having all the weapons it took forever to get (Except no Solar Flare, Tundra Beads, or Thunder Edge, but thats understandable.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 pm
You had been raving about this game without having actually beaten it first... I thought it came out like a year ago.  

nitnit
Captain

brushgoddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 am
If only I could hold my wii mote like a paint brush,i've tried.It's too much for my fingers XP.It's a bit less restricted than using the PS2 controller as well,I mean faster*restricted*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:23 am
Muleferdan
brushgoddess
I just bought it yesterday biggrin .I have a bit of trouble with attacking though.The time attack you have to learn in the beginning,kind of hard to maneuver.

Yeah the timing is a b***h. But once you get the Beads of something (don't know the name at the moment) you can attack with like 10 combos at a time. Battling gets even easier when you get the cherry bombs.

Yep,i've gotten used to the ressurection beads,I can pull out a 45 combo with the armageddon.I can probably do more,but I use those exterminator things.  

brushgoddess

brushgoddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:30 am
Muleferdan
Finished!

Favorite Boss: Lechku & Nechku

Least Favorite Boss: Nine-Tails that mother ********

Favorite weapon: Tundra Beads

Favorite sub-weapon: Thunder Edge

Favorite of the 13 Brush Abilities: Blizzard.

Best perk of completion: Having all the weapons it took forever to get (Except no Solar Flare, Tundra Beads, or Thunder Edge, but thats understandable.)

For me my favorites and least are:
Favorite:Orochi*

Least favorite:Spider Queen*too easy*

Favorite Weapon:Lv5. *Tundra Beads*allthough any holy rosaries work for me

Faborite sub-weapon:Lv2. Seven Strike*I use it on the imps,kills in two strikes*

Favorite of the 13 brush techniques:slash.

Least favorite of the 13:The cat walk.*it's glitchy in the wii version*  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces