Pointless Animal Facts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:49 am
EmWah
Cats come from another planet and are in fact using the human race so they can evenutally enslave us all and take over the world. (They are already part way there)
not true

everyone knows that the earth was built by a custom order placed by mice a couple of thousand years ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:51 am
Sharks need to move constantly to get air to enter their gills; thus, they will die should they be trapped in between a rock and a hard place, for example.

(don't ask me how they sleep though. xp )  

Triste

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:55 am
Triste
Sharks need to move constantly to get air to enter their gills; thus, they will die should they be trapped in between a rock and a hard place, for example.

That is only true for some breeds of sharks. It has been proved that there are breeds of sharks that do not have to keep moving. And the marine biologists that discovered that now think that it is a myth that sharks have to keep moving.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:53 am
More people are killed annually by donkeys than are killed in airplane crashes

The smelliest animal in the world is the Zorilla, it can discharge a nauseous fluid from it's a**l glands which can be smelled over a radius of half a mile

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear

Stan, the first Spanish dog ever fitted with contact lenses, was hit by a car the day after he was fitted with them

A frog's favorite color is blue

Porcupines masturbate (I'm not kidding)

Sheep statistics - Body temperature: 100o F- 103o F, Pulse/heart rate: 70-80 beats per minute. Respiration rate: 12-20 breaths per minute, gestation: 145 days, Weight, adult sheep between 150-200lbs.

A cat is 9% skeleton, for an elephant to be as flexible as a cat, it would have to be nearly 85% skeleton, leaving almost no room for internal organs

In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why sweatdrop

Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason.

Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet in the air.  

WarriorShadow

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:57 am
The last dodo bird died in 1681  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:23 pm
A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

superdud3000

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 pm
the sea spone spends it's life floating about the ocean eating food and making more sea sponge.... im hoping i will be a seasponge in mah next life 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:48 am
Magnus Ignatius
Triste

That is only true for some breeds of sharks. It has been proved that there are breeds of sharks that do not have to keep moving. And the marine biologists that discovered that now think that it is a myth that sharks have to keep moving.

Errrr, not to be too a**l but sharks don't breath air, they breath water. sweatdrop

And they may not need to be actually moving, but they do neet to atleast keep a constant flow over their gills.

Also, I know dolphins don't sleep; they just switch between the left and right brain, perhaps sharks do something similar.

WS - a ducks quak does echo, but due to the nature of the sound, human's can't detect the sound themselves.

And apparently, humans are one of the few mammals which lack a p***s bone, otherwise known as a bacula (baculum for singular). Other species to have on include Foxes, Minks, Racoon, Otters, Elephant Seals, Great Apes, etc. 3nodding  

WellzY
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:12 am
WS - Penguins? PENGUINS? You know there are many different species of penguins of various shapes, sizes and athletic ability. No way an emperor penguin is doing much jumping, and I doubt fairy penguins would be able to jump that high.

It is due to non-specific, over dramatised facts like this that there are horrible crappy woah man animals! documentaries out there. God damn I hate them stare

Oh and Wellz is right about the duck quacking thing. They did it on Mythbusters. Due to the frequency of the ducks quack, it makes the illusion that there is no echo.

Also the shark thing - I believe there is footage of tiger sharks sleeping.

Fact time? Cockroaches can live for weeks after being decapitated. They eventually die from starvation.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:25 am
A walrus has the largest p***s i the animal kingdom  

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:30 am
Alexie_dennison
A walrus has the largest p***s i the animal kingdom

Glad to see someone else has their mind in the gutter. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:21 am
Elephants have trunks. ;P  

Fuzakeru Baka

Arsenic Lace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:50 am
camels milk doesn't curdle xp strange but true  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:52 am
A group of goats is called a trip (got this off the top of a juice bottle)  

Arsenic Lace

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:25 am
When size is taken into account, a jump from a flea is greater than any other animal. If it was the size of a human, it would be launched deep into our atmosphere.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff