Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
The Dark Knight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:30 pm
Has Two Face's appearance been confirmed for this movie?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:33 pm
Yes, Two Face is confirmed for Brawl. Two face has been "leaked" about 15 times now.
I doubt any are real.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm
Shigeru K
Has Two Face's appearance been confirmed for this movie?

He's in one of the trailers... except it only shows behind him so you can't see his face. There's a dominant image on the internet:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That came out in May. It looks kind of shopped honestly, not to mention the image is fuzzy... Also a lot of people are yelling "fake" and that it's stolen from a zombie from resident evil... o_O  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 pm
Oh.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm
Ok, I guess some website posted that up, and the studio requested that it was taken down, but it was spread everywhere before it was taken down. That could mean that they didn't want misinformation spread around, or that is the actual image.

At any rate, Eckhart himself said the following in an interview the weekend after that image was leaked:

"I can tell you that, basically, when you look at Two-Face, you should get sick to your stomach. . . . It's like you would feel if you met someone whose face had pretty much been ripped off or burned off with acid. . . . There are fans on the Internet who have done artist's versions of what they think it will look like, and I can tell you this: They're thinking small; Chris is going way farther than people think."

It fits with the "it goes deeper than any appearances in the comics", but I'm not 100% sure either way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:53 pm
I found a website who claims that they got this from a script before production began, so it says that a lot of details may have changed. Sounds relatively possible

Quote:
The movie begins showing the goings on in Gotham City: it's a real mess. There are a lot of fake Batmans: they show ap at crime scenes and get killed. But the true Batman is always in action, and he's not alone: Gotham City has a new District Attorney, Harvey Dent. His girlfriend is Rachel Dawes, who had a relationship with Bruce Wayne (a.k.a. Batman).
Together, Batman and Dent face the crime: when Gambol, the main mob boss, decides to pool all the mob money (billions of dollars) in China and sends Lau (a crooked accountant) to Hong Kong, Batman is able to follow Lau and bring him to Gotham. Dent uses the information taken after his capture to round up a lot of criminals (even Sal Maroni!): a great victory for justice.

But peace does not last: The Joker, a new criminal, reveals himself asking Batman to take his mask off or he'll start killing people. He says he does it for the mob: he wants their money back, and in exchange wants half of it for himself.
The Joker kills some people, but decides to go higher and kidnaps both Rachel Dawes and Harvey Dent: Batman has to decide which one to save.

As part of his plan, Joker gets captured; batman rushes to Rachel to save her, but the Joker has lied, and he ends up saving Harvey Dent, who loses his mind completely when he discovers that not only Joker escaped, but has set on fire the money and the police building.

Joker announces that the Mayor has to die, or he'll blow up Gotham's Hospital. Dent decides to hunt down anyone who was involved in Rachel's kidnap, and kills people too: he finds Maroni and kills him, just after Maroni (worried about Joker's crazyness) has said to Batman where to find the Joker. Meanwhile, the clown blows up the hospital.batman

Now Joker actually runs Gotham City, so he tells people that they have to deal whit him or to leave. Two ships of pepole leave the metropolis: one full of criminals, and one full of innocents. Joker stops the ships and announces that he'll blow both the ships up at midnight, unless one ship blows the other up (they both have detonators).

Dent finds Commissioner Gordon, who got corrupted (but is still "good") and inevitably led to Rachel's kidnap. Dent threatens him with his gun, but Batman arrives and dives him into a hole in the floor, apparently killing him. Then Batman decides to go on the run: he wants to pretend he killed the people Dent killed, because he thinks Gotham needs it's ex-D.A.'s image untarnished.

Meanwhile, Joker has failed, and he goes in prison. The End...

It all sounds possible, the multiple batman thing at the beginning and the choosing between dent/rachel sound pretty interesting, though I'd have liked more details to make this seem legit...  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm
thats the face I saw. Either way, I am sure that it will turn out very cool. I actually went and bought batman begins today, just I can remember the story. All I can ever remember from thta movie is the train fight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Well gary oldman confirmed that batman takes the blame for harvey dent killing 6 people at the end of the gary oldman interview here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46462

Soooo that poorly written script synopsis might be pretty accurate.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 pm
Well, it releases tomorrow in Aussie land, so prepare for spoilers/bootlegs galore!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 am
Aaron Eckhart(Two face) was probably the best actor in the entire movie, lots of drama on his part. Man Heath Ledger was funny as ******** though. *jabs pencil into table, ok i've got a trick for you i'm going to make this pencil disappear. *grabs approaching attacker and jams head through pencil onto table*. Christian Bale's 'batman voice' got really annoying really fast. Granted all the batmans have had an alternate sounding voice while in 'batman form' but most of those were believable where as his was obviously strained from the beginning.

I am very pissed off though, being that we just got back from it...I didn't get to see if anything happened after the credits (mumbles at azure), and I know something did. Probably Harvey coming back.

It gave me a new respect for batman normally I didn't care for him but they made him so anti-heroish that I just had to like him. Especially what he does for Harvey at the end.

Ledger was a very convincing joker though to be honest. Great pauses, nice little lip licking action going, and an awesome laugh to boot.

DC's last hope before marvel eats them alive.  

Psychoace

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 am
Quote:

Truth.

Going to see this in ~8 hours, so spoilers is unwanted (but going to come in streams anyways).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:16 pm
Quote:

With what? Mediocre incredible hulk, fantastic 4, xmen, and spider man movies? Correct me if I missed something, but in the past few years Iron Man was Marvel's only good movie.

Not to mention in the comic realm Skrull invasion has been pretty dumb so far imo  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:27 pm
Whooo midnight premier.

So is there anything after the credits? I didn't stay.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:48 pm
no there is nothing after the credis. and well dark knoight was ******** awesome. and I'll leave it at that.  

LV Solace

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 pm
X-men and spiderman are above average, sure after about two of the movies they start to get stupid, but they aren't simply mediocre.  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff