Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[OOC] Search for the Hidden ... <Megaplot> [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 pm
Bluefire Dragonz
Okay, it says there are four main groups that are seperated from each other, but it looks like we're only dealing with two here. The Nyonda and her group with the new rogues, and then Umoja, his advisor, and the rogue female with cub?

xD trying to figure it all out.

This is only one group. ^__^ Umoja and Mapatano are stragglers, not enough to really count as one of the main groups. Ajili and Ingi are rogues, not part of the pride.

Thanks Kasai. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm

I've noticed that some of the prompts take place right when the earthquake happens, and some don't.

If there's a prompt that doesn't speak of the earthquake, would the people giving the responses be able to add the earthquake into their response, or no?

*Edit,
I was also wondering, what happens if all the characters don't have responses by the 29th?

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Fictiophilia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:55 pm
If the character we are going for has an avian companion, does the avian stick with them wherever they go?
If so, can we incorporate the bird into the entry even if they aren't mentioned in the application form?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:49 pm
Where exactly is Haja located at? o.O Like.. a cavern or something? I know she's in a group, but I'm kind of confused as to who she is with and where they are surviving. I just need to know for prompt purposes. xD  

Lollypop13

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 am
Do we post the reply here in the thread? (I have seen people do that, PM them, and other strange but understandable methods)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 am
Eskimo: If it says it takes place before the earthquake, you won't be able to; if it doesn't specifically say, then you can do a flashback to the earthquake if you want or mention it in conversation.

And if they don't, I'll deal with that if it comes up.

Fictiophilia: Yup, you can certainly incorporate their avian companion in with them. <3

Lolly: You mean for the prompt? Since I didn't specify, she can be located anywhere. In the actual plot, she will be with this part of the pride (Nyonda, Hisia, the cubs, Msiba's rogue group, etc.). The only ones mentioned in this plot not in the main group are Umoja, Mapatano, Ajili, and Ingi.

Phifer: Yes, post it in this thread.

Mila Farrell
Captain

Lollypop13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:20 am
Yep, and alrighty. Thank you bunches. <33  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:52 pm
**tries** I can definately keep up with the rp so heres my go at it!

Who I am applying for: Elea
Username of person RPing Elea: Syrius Lionwing

Prompt: While out hunting, Elea discovers shortly after the earthquake how useless her leg is, as she can't catch anything. How does she feel?

Worth, ones sence of worth was all that one had and she had lost hers.

Wakening with a start the young lioness panted heavily as she looked around the small den she had coveted for herself, a den where she could gather her thoughts and hold them to her bosom. Memories of the past, of the wonderful fresh scent of freedom, of the green fronds as they bent silently to her will, of the thrill of the stalk and the leap of faith before her claws met devestatingly with flesh and fur, with hair or feather, with lush meat and the taste of sucess in the irony gush of blood.

Now with every harsh and unnatural sleep, she was woken abruptly by that rock, by the tumble of the world she knew, by the falling of the podium she had stood upon, one of the greatest, youngest hunters.

Gripping the ground with her one good forepaw the lioness slowly clambered to her feet, the bones in her left leg shattered torn, useless, the ligaments holding on to the limp dead limb, a hinderence to her movements, to what she was. Slowly, achingly she dragged her carcass towards the entrance, looking up to the shimmering sky, the bright sun falling over her once prestine fur, now fallen in to disrepair thanks to her lost will. What was the point in cleaning? What was the point in keeping up apperances? She was at the bottom of the pile now, useless, a ragged thing dead to the world because of that damned accident.

Crippled and torn she moves further in to the sun flicking the seemingly boneless appendage forwards to try and keep it from dragging the ground, the claws, once deadly now smashed and bloodied, from days of failure.

The smallest of bugs laughed at her as she attempted to leap and capture them in her grasp only for them to slip away. One paw, one claw, no more the huntress.

Tripping clumbsily to a halt she lays where she has fallen beaten by the sands which she used to run, defeated by the world she had loved, she had adored and worked for. Was she not good to the world? Had she not held up her half of the deal with destiny? She had hunted, she had killed and she had fed the bellies of many.

The flutter of wings signaled the return of her companion, sleek wings of black and the flash of pale feathers, a simple whisper to her ear "it's not time to give up yet huntress."

Taking a breath Elea shifted once again, moving off, her heart was broken, her pride shattered, yet all she could do, was go on, to try again, to fail again, to find a way to hunt.

Syrius Lionwing

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:13 pm

What time of day does the earthquake take place?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:44 pm
Who I am applying for: Unyevu
Username of person RPing Unyevu: Atheare

Prompt: Write a mini-story as to how Unyevu discovered his new avian companion, Chozi, right after the earthquake and just before they entered the Aka'mleli pride.

Cold, silent, unwavering. An eerie feeling hung around the lion like a fine mist, a mist that would not allow him to see more than one step in front of him. A choking, ruthless despair that refused to loosen it's grip.

But it wasn't always this way. Once, he had been happy. Once... But that was a long time ago. Even after all this time his still grief clouded his mind.

No, now was not the time to linger on his past. Right now he was in a rather sticky situation, and every moment the little hope he had dwindled further, until he couldn't see any way that he'd survive.

Not long before, a huge tremor tore across the land, ripping a huge fissure between Unyevu and his destination. The only source of water for miles around, and in only seconds he had been completely cut off from it.

'I was a fool...' Unyevu cringed as he remembered his desperate attempt to jump across the ravine, resulting in his current situation. The lion now found himself deep inside the earth's rocky jaws, and he could not for the life of him climb the sheer cliffs made by the earthquake. For nearly an hour he had struggled to free himself from the dirt and rubble that had managed to land himself in, and now he had barely enough energy left to stand. 'But what's the point? Nobody will miss me, nobody will know or care that I am gone.' And so the lion lay in the crevice, his spirit broken and his heart without hope, when suddenly, a rock fell from above and struck him just below the ribs.

"Urh..." He grunted, not even bothering to open his eyes. "Damned rocks. Why can't I just die in peace?"

"Oh! So you are alive then."

"Wha-?" Unyevu's head snapped to attention at the sound of another's voice. "Who are you? I'm not dead yet, bird." He scowled, "Come back in an hour or two, why don't you."

"I apologize, I really do." The large bird ruffled his feathers apologetically, "My name is Chozi, and I had no intention of eating you, or hurting you for that matter." He blinked his golden eyes at Unyevu, "And if I may say so, that wasn't a rock, that was me."

"Yeah, I figured as much." He snorted, "Why don't you do us both a favor and leave me be. Don't waste your time hanging around here."

"Why ever not?" Chozi tilted his head, "You do seem quite down on yourself, friend."

"Friend?" Unyevu narrowed his eyes at the bird, "Let's make one thing clear, I'm NOT your friend."

"That could change." He nodded, "If you tell me what's bothering you, then perhaps I can be of assistance." Suddenly, his tone changed. He sounded serious, and Unyevu had to listen closely to hear him. "We may be more alike than you know. You sound exactly the same way I did, once upon a time."

Unyevu sighed, "I doubt it, bird. I really do." The mere thought of his tragic past was enough to send a single tear down the stone-cold lion's face.

"You are in pain, friend." Chozi cooed, "I know you don't want to talk about your sorrows, so instead I will tell you of mine. Maybe then, I can help you get out of the darkness that holds you."

Unyevu nodded solemnly. He didn't know why, but for some reason this bird, this Chozi, seemed to understand the hurt he had inside. He listened silently as Chozi spoke of his own past, full of downfalls and painful separation, feeling worthless and being beaten down again and again until he had wanted to end his own life just to escape it.

"I was so afraid of the pain I was in, and I had been even more afraid to tell anyone about it." Chozi looked into Unyevu's eyes, "So I had decided to simply land myself in the center of a pride of lions and go to sleep. And with any luck, I'd not wake up. But, as fate would have it, the lioness who found me was concerned. She thought I was hurt, and that I needed help. I lied to her and told her that I was unable to fly, and would soon die of starvation. I pleaded with her to eat me and shorten my suffering, but she only offered to catch prey for me and to help me live." Chozi shook his head, as if in disbelief. "For what seemed like a lifetime, I tried to persuade her to kill me, but she always refused, offering to help in one way or another. Before long, I hopped off to find another, more willing lion, but by then my current host had caught on to my intentions, and held me back. She refused to let me continue trying to end my life."

"Why would she do that for you?" Until now, Unyevu had been completely silent. "If she didn't know you, why on earth would she want to bother?" 'Wait a second...' "Why are you bothering with me?"

Chozi fluttered his wings happily, "Exactly! My friend, don't you see? No matter how much pain you feel, or how unimportant you may think you are, somebody will care enough for you to try to help."

"Nonsense..." Unyevu scowled, "And will you stop calling me friend?"

"Well, seeing as I don't know your name I hardly know what else to call you." The bird chirped, "Come come, let me help you and you will see what I mean, in time."

"You are a very odd bird..." The lion sighed, and sat up. "My name is Unyevu."

"I've been told that before. Now come, let's find a way out of here, shall we?"

Atheare

Lollypop13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:37 pm
Who I am applying for: Haja
Username of person RPing Haja: Lollypop13

Prompt: Haja's just discovered a bit of juicy gossip: Unfortunately, nobody else is around except her avian companion, so she can only ramble on to him.

Last night, Haja overheard a conversation from the cubs Ufunuo and Dumu, on Mchawi. Haja was always a little untrusting with that lioness in particular and had a feeling she was up to something. It wasn't natural to practically stalk a pride. Mchawi had to be brooding something. Another thing that concerned her was the how Mchawi and Msiba gathered to murmur about things constantly. There was definitely nothing out of the ordinary of two siblings chatting, but it was the way they did it... like Mchawi was informing him about the pride. After all, the only thing she does is track everyone's movement.

Haja had heard something from one of the cubs that Mchawi and her brother, Msiba, had been planning this whole time to somehow take over the Aka'mleli pride. The two had Msiba's wit and alluring nature along with Mchawi's watchful eyes and contagious intimidation. It seemed as though the lions were catching, along with spreading, the fear that Mchawi put in them. Haja was one of those that had caught it and she was definitely spreading it.

Haja bounded towards the emerging cave that had a chunk taken off of it by a falling tree. The recent seismic day had left the whole area broken and torn. Where they slept now had two openings in it instead of the usual one, but this made entering and exiting it much easier. There were many lions that made the cave a snug fit. The foliage that had bashed part of the cave was still lying near it. It was something the cubs often played on, but they didn't seem to be around at the moment. Slowing to a trot, Haja peaked around the entrance of the cave, sighing when she realized nobody was here at all. Where did they go and who would she blabber to?

She would have to settle with telling Maboya. He was usually wherever she was, but she mostly focused on other lions when they were around.

“Hey Maboyaaa…” she grinned, eager to finally let her words slip out of her. “I know something that you should know also.” This was her chance to discuss thoughts of Mchawi.

The brown, black and white bird flew to the fallen tree near the cave and perched on a branch. “What would this be, now?” he asked Haja, peering at her with his yellow-circled eyes. He seldom had any interest in every little thing that Haja talked about. Most of the things she brought up ended up not being true or were just bogus. Rumors and gossip weren’t important to him, but dangers to the pride were.

“Did you hear about the plans that evil witch, Mchawi has for our pride?” she questioned the bird. Maboya simply shook his feathery head, thinking what the lioness was going to get into was probably going to be a waste of words. “She is going to take over the Aka’mleli with Msiba.” She informed. “I think we should tell someone of greater importance once they get back. I don’t even know where everyone disappeared off to.”

“So I’m not of importance?” Maboya joked in a cocky tone.

Haja just rolled her eyes. She scanned the area again without any sign of life besides her and her companion.

“Wait…” the eagle paused. “Take over the pride? How?”

“Not sure, but I’ve never trusted those two from the start. Maybe they have more lions in their group who are going to come when we are sleeping and slay the rulers!” she gasped.

Maboya chuckled. “I doubt that. You are probably overreacting.”

“What if I’m not? They do seem a little suspicious, don’t you think? You have to admit, they are a little strange, especially Mchawi. I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone woke up tomorrow morning with a third ear sticking out of their head that talked to them and made them think that Msiba and her would make the best leaders. Soon, we’d all be taking orders from the creepy witch and misleading price charming!” she rambled.

At this point, Maboya wasn’t sure if he could hold his laughter anymore. He figured she noticed this also. Everything sounded so ridiculous and blown out of proportion to him, but to Haja, all of these stories were real. In her own way, she was just trying to look after everyone.

“Why are you laughing?!?” she squealed. “This is a serious matter!”

“Nothing.” Maboya continued to chuckle. “I guess you’ll be able to tell everyone once they get back, whenever that is.”

“Yeah…” she sighed. “They’ll be back soon, right? Right?!?”

Maboya grinned.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:31 am
Who I am applying for: Unyevu
Username of person RPing Unyevu: FenrisWildheart

Prompt: Write a mini-story as to how Unyevu discovered his new avian companion, Chozi, right after the earthquake and just before they entered the Aka'mleli pride.

Fog. The thick impenetrable screen clung to everything, clouding the vision and impairing the senses. At first I wasn’t sure I was awake. And then I wasn’t sure I was alive. My name was Unyevu, which meant Fog. Perhaps in the afterlife one was reunited with the thing for which one was named?
The ground shook beneath my body and I knew I could not be dead either. I hurt too much to be dead. I tried to concentrate but the sharp pain in my head made such an effort impossible. Slowly I dragged myself to my feet and took a deep breath.
Coughs racked my body and I growled in the pain this brought me. This was no fog. The bitter taste in my mouth betrayed the clouds in my vision as pure dust and sand. The memories came flooding back and again a growl escaped my throat from the pain in my head.
An earthquake.
The infernal shaking of the earth was the cause of the dust and the intense pain in my head. I racked my brains for the name of a deity of earthquakes to curse, but I came up empty and settled for spitting into the dirt.
I stared at the crimson stains on the dirt. Blood. I cursed, recalling the events of the earthquake. So many things had been falling, the earth had torn open. I imagined I had been struck by a rock or two.
I ran my tongue over the inside of my mouth an located a small cut on the roof of my mouth. I spat again into the dirt, trying to clear the blood from my mouth. I needed water.
I began to walk. The pain was agonizing. But I needed water. And what was pain but the body’s pathetic pleading for stop and rest? As long as I could move I intended to. Miraculously there was a water hole not far from where I had awoken.
I cautiously checked the banks, the water , the surrounding land. A deep paranoia filled me in my weakened state. And the dust in the air did little to help matters as it limited my vision. My ears twitched at every crack and groan of the settling earth. Blood and dust clogged my nostrils. Finally I gave in to my thirst and dipped my head to take a long drink from the pool, remaining alert.
My ears had finally become accustomed to the gentle rhythm in the air and the ground of aftershocks and the sounds of the earth when a sharp disturbance caused me to jerk back and search frantically for the source of a curious flapping noise. I should have recognized it immediately as a bird, but everything was muffled and distorted. When I finally noticed the dark shape in the sky I growled angrily at myself for allowing myself to become that startled. I couldn’t believe the panic in my chest and the thunder in my ears. To cover my unsightly display of fear I lashed my tail and glared at the bird in the sky. As it descended I realized it was a larger bird than I thought . . . a black chested snake eagle . . . but just a bird nonetheless. I growled quietly before sitting calmly as though I had lost interest. I curled my tail lightly about my paws and began to clean the dust and blood from one of my paws. I was still on edge of course. I never relaxed fully. But a bird was really no threat.
The dark creature landed before me and stared at me. It was slightly unnerving. It didn’t speak, nor did it go for the water. I was the sole target of beady gold eyes.
“Yes?” I growled smoothly. “Can I help you?” My words were laced with a demeaning tone. The smaller creature bored me . . . but not my stomach. It gave a gentle burble.
“No. But I can help you.”
I was caught off guard. I lowered my paw to the ground and stood. “Really. With what?” My tone had dropped, low and menacing.
“Everything. And I assure you I taste terrible.”
I had to laugh. So this bird wasn’t as stupid as it appeared. It recognized a predator when it saw one.
“The earth has been rent apart, prides are destroyed and scattered. It is as though the earth is new again. But you know nothing of this new land. You can barely see across this pool. The dust will settle, yes. But where does that leave you? Do you even know where you are?”
Again I chuckled. This bird was brave in approaching me – though I had not yet figured out why I hadn’t eaten him on sight – And he made a valid point. But what was in it for him? I shrugged. “Not particularly. But what does it matter? What do you get out of that little arrangement anyway?”
“Protection. “ The bird didn’t beat around the bush. He didn’t seem at all ashamed of asking for the help. “Carcasses lay strewn about the land. The casualties were many in the Shaking. The vultures are out in greater numbers than ever before. And they are hungry.”
I could see now. The eagle made yet another valid point. But what was his life to me? I had always traveled alone. I will never know what made me accept his offer. It made no sense at the time, nor later.
“What is your name?” I asked him.
If a bird could smile, his would have been broad. He could tell his offer had indeed been accepted. “Chozi.” Another cold laugh left me at his name. Teardrop. Tears seemed to follow me in my life. I just hoped Chozi wouldn’t bring anymore.
“And yours?”
“Unyevu”
In the days that followed, he scouted prey and we feasted as the vultures . . . but for the most part he sat perched on my shoulder, or he flew low and never far from my sight. I didn’t look at the snake eagle as anything more than talking food until the first attack.
Chozi hadn’t been lying. The vultures were indeed thick and hungry for blood. Three found us late in the evening. Only one left. We dared not touch the stinking carcasses of the two that we felled, Their bellies were full of carrion and they stank of death.
After that we formed a bond. Bird and Lion. A strange pair to be sure, but not at all unheard of. I knew of a pride to the north made of nothing but lions with birds. I made that our destination – if the pride even still existed. I didn’t know if we would stay long, but with the addition of one companion, I craved for more. I had lost my balance and craved a foothold in this new world. I could only hope that my past wouldn't matter. This was the future.

FenrisWildheart

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 am
[Eskimo]

What time of day does the earthquake take place?

In the evening.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 am
What haappened to Umoja' brother, Utunzo? O: Is he stranded with a group/dead or somethingwedon'tknowaboutyet?  

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:15 am
wooga Paes
What haappened to Umoja' brother, Utunzo? O: Is he stranded with a group/dead or somethingwedon'tknowaboutyet?

It's safe to assume he's either stranded with another group or dead at this point; he won't be coming into this plot. smile  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff