Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Muslims Shocked 2 hear that Walkers Crisps contains ALCAHOL Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
We create alcohol in our bodies? Oh wow, this I did not know. ._.
How does that work?

But I do have to agree with Ratri. Alcohol is something that's used very often because it can be a good thing, not just a bad thing. It's used to disinfect wounds, sterilize medical equipment... It's probably in most, if not all, of your cleaning products around the house.

See, by staying away from the "bad," you guys have managed to throw away the "good" as well. Surely you can find a balance and use alcohol (along with other forbidden things) when it's good.

Because, my religion doesn't say this, but it's something that I've picked up... Everything is good in moderation. If you drink too much beer, then yes, that's very bad for you. But do you know that one can of beer a day is good for you? And red wine, which also contains alcohol, can help prevent heart disease.

So, maybe instead of doing away with things completely, you could try to find a middleground and use things without getting hurt. It's worked for the rest of us so far.
erm, you kinda missed my point.
I was saying that there are different types of alcohols and not all of them pertain to the type that you drink. And that an alcohol-based chemical is common in pretty much ALL processed foods, so it would be ridiculous to boycott these chips/crisps, because it's IMPRACTICAL.

I can see why people of a religion would give up alcohol. I've got no problem with that. But going so far as to try and boycott chips because the flavoring is an alcohol base? Seriously, that is just plain silly. They just need to stick with abstaining from beer, wine, vodka, ect. and keep it to beverages and things of real alcohol.

And yes, we make alcohols in our body. It's a by-product of metabolism. It's a natural result of sugar fermentation. Ever hear of blood alcohol concentration?

And what would Muslims say to this then, hmmm? WE MAKE ALCOHOL IN OUR BODIES AND IT'S IN MEDICINE AS WELL!!!

Yup we proberly make alcohol in our bodies. But it's haram to thake! Allah(swt) knows why we do it...
Zaaki, you totally missed my point.
I'm saying it's pointless to boycott this food because it contains an alcohol-based flavoring. Guess what? Not all alcohols are the drinkable kind. read my second post to dark_sunshine's reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
We create alcohol in our bodies? Oh wow, this I did not know. ._.
How does that work?

But I do have to agree with Ratri. Alcohol is something that's used very often because it can be a good thing, not just a bad thing. It's used to disinfect wounds, sterilize medical equipment... It's probably in most, if not all, of your cleaning products around the house.

See, by staying away from the "bad," you guys have managed to throw away the "good" as well. Surely you can find a balance and use alcohol (along with other forbidden things) when it's good.

Because, my religion doesn't say this, but it's something that I've picked up... Everything is good in moderation. If you drink too much beer, then yes, that's very bad for you. But do you know that one can of beer a day is good for you? And red wine, which also contains alcohol, can help prevent heart disease.

So, maybe instead of doing away with things completely, you could try to find a middleground and use things without getting hurt. It's worked for the rest of us so far.
erm, you kinda missed my point.
I was saying that there are different types of alcohols and not all of them pertain to the type that you drink. And that an alcohol-based chemical is common in pretty much ALL processed foods, so it would be ridiculous to boycott these chips/crisps, because it's IMPRACTICAL.

I can see why people of a religion would give up alcohol. I've got no problem with that. But going so far as to try and boycott chips because the flavoring is an alcohol base? Seriously, that is just plain silly. They just need to stick with abstaining from beer, wine, vodka, ect. and keep it to beverages and things of real alcohol.

And yes, we make alcohols in our body. It's a by-product of metabolism. It's a natural result of sugar fermentation. Ever hear of blood alcohol concentration?

And what would Muslims say to this then, hmmm? WE MAKE ALCOHOL IN OUR BODIES AND IT'S IN MEDICINE AS WELL!!!

Yup we proberly make alcohol in our bodies. But it's haram to thake! Allah(swt) knows why we do it...
Zaaki, you totally missed my point.
I'm saying it's pointless to boycott this food because it contains an alcohol-based flavoring. Guess what? Not all alcohols are the drinkable kind. read my second post to dark_sunshine's reply.

I agree, but it's still haram to make youurself crazy...

And if those tasty chips makes u crazy, then don't eat it!  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm
Zaaki

Zaaki, did you actually look at the sources in my post? Alcohol flavoring=/= the beverage kind that can make you drunk.
There is no way in hell you can actually get drunk/tipsy/crazy off those chips.
Not unless someone laced the bag with drugs and handed it to you. Which the company doesn't do.
That is why I think the boycott is silly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:06 am
http://talkislam.wordpress.com/2006/05/24/cokeintoxicants-are-haraam/

is the discussion ended?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 am
i want to know where this guy is getting his information concerning ingredients in sodas (at least enough to generalize)
FDA? where?

i'm a bit confused on the outcome of this article.

And on intoxicants...I'm also rather puzzled. Are you guys even allowed to take painkillers. Technically, it is a mind-altering drug as it numbs your pain receptors in your brain.

-_- i don't see how this pertains to the topic. this should be part of a new thread.
We've been talking about other types of alcohols. Not this one in particular.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:59 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Zaaki, did you actually look at the sources in my post? Alcohol flavoring=/= the beverage kind that can make you drunk.
Not unless someone laced the bag with drugs and handed it to you. Which the company doesn't do.

Maybe! But when Allah(swt) says it's forbidden, i don't wana eat it!  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

You still didn't read what I posted. Try again.

What you guys are forbidden from are INTOXICATING CHEMICALS THAT EXIST IN LIQUORS.

NOT ALL ALCOHOLS ARE INTOXICATING OR IN LIQUOR

therefore, not all alcohol-based products are haram

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

What you guys are forbidden from are INTOXICATING CHEMICALS THAT EXIST IN LIQUORS.

Soo what alcohol is acturally haram?  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:45 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Soo what alcohol is acturally haram?

*facepalm* Zaaki, read before you post, seriously.

THE ALCOHOL THAT IS HARAM IS FOUND IN LIQUOR ONLY. EXAMPLES OF THIS ARE: BEER, WHISKEY, VODKA, WINE.

[/caps lock abuse]

now do you understand what I've been trying to say??  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:14 am
Ratri_Cat

[/caps lock abuse]

burning_eyes  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:28 am
what, tassan? I was trying to make a point, and make it as clear as possible to anyone who read my post what I was saying. Zaaki didn't get it so I tried using caps lock for emphasis as well as color and large-sized letters.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 am
Ratri_Cat
what, tassan? I was trying to make a point, and make it as clear as possible to anyone who read my post what I was saying. Zaaki didn't get it so I tried using caps lock for emphasis as well as color and large-sized letters.

Soo your saying that it's only haram when u drink it stare surprised

Would you mind to profe that please? wink  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

i like how I'm being asked to explained on something that's haram xd

ok I'll explain a lil bit here and then Achmed will post another thread about haram and halal stuff that goes into more detail. we've been arguing lately and he wants to clear things up with you guys.

Alcoholic beverages are haram. They are considered haram because they are intoxicants...they can be mind altering. The alcohol-based flavorings are halal because the alcohol that is in the flavoring evaporates, because alcohol has a lower temp rate of evaporation than water does.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:29 am
crying i love thai sweet chilli crying  

spottystripes

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:51 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

i like how I'm being asked to explained on something that's haram xd

ok I'll explain a lil bit here and then Achmed will post another thread about haram and halal stuff that goes into more detail. we've been arguing lately and he wants to clear things up with you guys.

Alcoholic beverages are haram. They are considered haram because they are intoxicants...they can be mind altering. The alcohol-based flavorings are halal because the alcohol that is in the flavoring evaporates, because alcohol has a lower temp rate of evaporation than water does.

Why don't u do it yourself, instead of telling Jibril to do it?

But what about the spit and all that stuff in your body, don't they make the alcohol blow up?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff