Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

La Beaute

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:13 pm
And that person created the characters. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14 pm
Meiko-san Akizuki
Well, I think all your opinions have good reasoning behind them.
here's mine:
the cast is OFFICIALLY chosen. At first, I don't think I like ANYONE in that cast. I didn't like ANYONE. But I learned to accept them, cuz what else can i do? Your complaints can't do anything so why not just learn to cope with it and enjoy what we have? this is twilight afterall. and those actors are only human; NO ONE can really play those amazing vamps. NO ONE. Some of you think there are others that can do a better job but, DROP IT. it's just your OPINIONS.The person who chose them had their own.
well said  

yami sissira

yami sissira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:15 pm
La Beaute
And that person created the characters. wink
exactly  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:48 am
yami sissira
I understand competely what your all saying and its not like i didnt have my own ideas as to what the characters looked like but the movies not eve n out yet. It's only fair that the movie should be seen first before everyone starts insulting the actors. Im not saying that i didnt have my own views as to what all of the twilight cast would have looked like but its not fair to judge the people on past preformances and how they look. For all we know, the could totally blow us away?

how is it not fair to judge an actor or actress on their past performances? each publication, by casting directors (usually), is seen as a test of a individual's skills in that feild. some don't do that with younger (or one's just breaking out into the lime light) cast members due to their constant changing. but i think looking at what kind of work they've done in the past can either make or break a character. it all depends on practice. if they are not practiced in potraying a certain image and don't have the control to change it (such as robert who's acting angle is very flat, hardly any facial expressions, his gestures are small and his voice lacks conviction that is needed to potray a solid character. he would do better as being a quiet resurved character to be honest. it's like making a weak voiced guy play the big action hero no matter how much he looks the part.) they will either be type-casted or will always fall short of the potential. which will eventually ruin their career (unless they're considered to be attractive enough to be a filler)

Besides, i think we all understand that the Cast is final, but we as the consumer should have a right to say what we like about it, for good or bad. after all the movie wouldn't even have it's budget without us and there would have never been a profit. although they usually do look into such things when the cast is first being put together and we also don't have the writer's mind on how she wanted those things put together. and its right that everyone is going to see the characters differently, we all have different minds, one of the few joys of being human. personally, they don't look terribly off, they fit the physical discriptions from the story line but perhaps they were chosen for that reason alone? but i can not assume but others do have the right to voice their opinion. after all if no one did then they wouldn't know the public's opinion on things, and if they don't like it they lose money. *shrugs* taking everything from both a fan's point and a technical view.  

Aradia Helevorn

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:27 am
Haha, I love how some of you try to make it sound so easy not to judge some of the actors until the movie is out. What if we're right, and you guys are wrong? The could be a second making of Eargon all over again. [which, I never read the book. but seeing as most fans hated the movie.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:27 pm
*shivers at that thought* they completely butchered that book, ripped it inside out. ugh! made me so mad. only thing that was worth it was saphira, she was cute. ^ ^  

Aradia Helevorn

yami sissira

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:00 pm
THE MOVIES NOT EVEN OUT YET. No one has any way of knowing how good or how bad this movie will be, actors preformances and all. Its simple, you dont like whos playing or whats going on then dont see the movie. Your loss. You complain and whine about whos going to be in when its something you've probably been waiting to see for a long time and instead of getting excited about the fact that the book you love is being turned into a movie, all you can do is whine about how you dont like [ fill in the blank actor]. Just get over it and dont see the movie if you think it'll be so bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:08 pm
yami sissira
THE MOVIES NOT EVEN OUT YET. No one has any way of knowing how good or how bad this movie will be, actors preformances and all. Its simple, you dont like whos playing or whats going on then dont see the movie. Your loss. You complain and whine about whos going to be in when its something you've probably been waiting to see for a long time and instead of getting excited about the fact that the book you love is being turned into a movie, all you can do is whine about how you dont like [ fill in the blank actor]. Just get over it and dont see the movie if you think it'll be so bad.
It's true. The movie isn't out yet. But they've released two trailors, and many behind the scene clips and interviews about the movie. We have a basic feel of how the acting is (from a few of the characters...) But still. I agree with Aradia Helevorn, where she said "but i think looking at what kind of work they've done in the past can either make or break a character" That is sooo true. That's personally why I love Kristen Stewart for Bella. But I've never seen her play Bella...so I shouldn't even be saying I like her. Just like you shouldn't be saying we shouldn't be complaining.

How can YOU tell us not to complain when you haven't seen the movie either? You don't know how well these actors are going to be acting...And you don't know how well the movie is going to turn out. Just because Twilight is being turned into a movie, doesn't mean anythingg. Of course I'm excited for my favorite book to come to life, but I have the right to complain until the movie comes out and either proves me wrong, or proves me right. You know? You're being so biased...lol. I'm atleast looking at it from your point of view, and my own.

Actors and Actresses make the movie. Without them, the movie would be nothing. So, with that said, it is perfectly normal for people to feel a bit shaken about who's playing the characters in our beloved book.

Jellycones

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Quote:
How can YOU tell us not to complain when you haven't seen the movie either? You don't know how well these actors are going to be acting...And you don't know how well the movie is going to turn out. Just because Twilight is being turned into a movie, doesn't mean anythingg. Of course I'm excited for my favorite book to come to life, but I have the right to complain until the movie comes out and either proves me wrong, or proves me right. You know? You're being so biased...lol. I'm atleast looking at it from your point of view, and my own.

Why shouldn't we be telling everyone not to complain and wait for the movie? It's only fair. We don't know if the actors had gone through a change of their way of acting. And why is it right to complain now even without giving the actors the chance?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm
yami sissira
I agree that everyone has the own ideas and ways about how the move should go but at the same time there's nothing anyone can do about it now...their already cast and the movie's already filmed.... ( and i agree about nikki reed ) but it's over and done with...so maybe its time to stop the moaning and groaning....atleast until the movie comes out?

Couldn't have said it better!  

JesusLoves111

AmethystMoonFox

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm
ya, i agree, the cast is chosen and its set...complaining doesn't help, or change anything ever.
and i think the casting is pretty good aside from the guy who plays jasper, but i will just have to wait till the movie comes out to see if i am wrong.
the thing I AM concerned with is the messups in the movie compared to the book. i just feel like they're gunna screw up an important part. just from the trailers and scenes they have screwed up like 5 parts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm
La Beaute
Quote:

Why shouldn't we be telling everyone not to complain and wait for the movie? It's only fair. We don't know if the actors had gone through a change of their way of acting. And why is it right to complain now even without giving the actors the chance?
I am giving the actors a chance... I just am feeling a tad been worried about now. I'm going to watch the movie completely open minded, and if I like all the acting then it's a movie well done! If the acting isn't so well, then we know they chose actors who didn't step up as much as they needed to (even if that means disliking my favorite actress - kristen stewart's role.)

I'm being fair about my complaining, atleast in my own opionion xD  

Jellycones

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:36 pm
Jellycones
La Beaute
Quote:

I am giving the actors a chance... I just am feeling a tad been worried about now. I'm going to watch the movie completely open minded, and if I like all the acting then it's a movie well done! If the acting isn't so well, then we know they chose actors who didn't step up as much as they needed to (even if that means disliking my favorite actress - kristen stewart's role.)

Ah ok. I guess I misunderstood your opinion. =3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:11 am
La Beaute
Jellycones
La Beaute
Quote:

Ah ok. I guess I misunderstood your opinion. =3
Either that, or I didn't make my opinion clear enough...haha. my minds been pretty cloudy lately, got alot going on! and i'm sleep deprived. xD  

Jellycones

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 am
I've been one of those people who have been anti-Kirsten, mainly because of the few snippets i've seen of her so far.
But after a couple of days, i got tired of it cause i know i got my point across and didn't want to dampen anyon else's idea about the movie.
So i decided i won't judge Kirsten until i have proof that she isn't a suitable Bella. And i am counting down the days until the movie just to see how well my opinions faired. I will gladly take my words back once I've seen she acts like the way I see Bella.

And i argee with everyone's opinions so far. Except for telling everyone to stop bitching. It's their right you know, they can choose to tell other's of their disappointment and so forth.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff