Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Book Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:08 pm
A potato? LOL! I only read a few pages of the graphic novel. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:46 am
I read the whole thing. And was very disappointed! razz

Although, I guess they portrayed Butler very well. ^_^ And Mulch!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:42 am
I'm still laughing over the potato thing you posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm
Really? XD
But, it's true! ROOT LOOKS LIKE A POTATO in the Graphic Novel Argh! sad He's supposed to be ruggedly handsome..wahh... crying  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm
I dunno why, but the word potato always makes me laugh.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:14 am
Potato? 0_0 Really ? XD;;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:47 pm
Well, doesn't everybody have a word that always makes them laugh? For me it's potato. Oh, near the end of the time Paradox, it's really confusing. It's all like: Spoiler Quote! (Long, too. Be warned!) :
When fourteen-year-old Artemis had a moment to consider things, sometime in between scaling pylons and outwitting murderous Extinctionists, he realized there were a lot of unanswered questions about his mothers illness. He had supposedly given her Spelltropy, but who passed it on to him? Holly's magic had permeated his body in the past, but she herself was hale and hearty. Why wasn't she sick? Or for that matter, how had Butler escaped the infection? He had been healed so many times that he must be half fairy but now. And of all the of humans healed, mesmerized or wiped every year, his mother was the one to fall ill. The mother of the only human on earth who could do something about it. Very coincidental. Too coincidental by far. So, either someone had deliberately infected his mother, or the symptoms were being magically duplicated. Either way, the result was the same. Artemis would travel back in time to find the antidote. The lemur, Jayjay. And who would want Jayjay as much as Artemis did? The answer of that question lay in the past. Opal Koboi, of course. The little primate was the last ingredient to her magical cocktail. With his brain fluid in her bloodstream,she would literally be the most powerful person on the planet. Andif Opal couldn't nab Jayjay in her own time, she would get him in the future. Whatever it took. She must have followed them back through the time stream and jumped out early, and organized this whole Affair. Presumably once she had Jayjay's brain fluid, navigating her way back wouldn't be a problem. It was confusing even for Artemis. Opal wouldn't even be in his present if he hadn't gone back in time. And He had only gone back in time because because of a situation she had created. It had been Artemis's own attempts to cure his mother hat had lead Opal to infect her. But one thing he now felt sure of was that Opal was behind this. She was behind them and in front of them. Chasing their group into her own clutches. A Time Paradox. Thre are two Opals in the equation, thought Artemis. I think there should continue to be two Artemis Fowls.
And so a Plan began to shape in his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 am
That's not really much of a spoiler.... xD;; I already kind of knew all of that. What I really want to know is... the ArtyHolly kiss!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am
Actually it is. It basically tells the whole story. Whatever. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:22 pm
On topic, I'm a Terry Pratchett fan myself, so here are some of his quotes:

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time. ~ from "Good Omens"

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. ~ from "Equal Rites"

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ from "Hogfather"

Revolutions always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. ~ from "Night Watch"

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
~ from "Sourcery" (My fav Discworld novel to date, followed by Mort, and a Hat Full of Sky)

And the best:

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! ~ from "The Truth"

MY GLASS WAS HUEG. AND WAS FULL >=O  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:17 am
Hehe, I like that last quote. ^_^ My glass was full last time I checked!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:40 pm
"Does my being half-naked bother you?" - Jacob Black, from Breaking Dawn XD  

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:04 am
Hehe, I don't like Twilight, and I haven't read any of the books besides Twilight, but that is pretty funny. XD;;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:38 am
Bah, Humbug! -from Scrooge, A christmas Carol.

XThe Lily Of The ValleyX

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:09 am
Hehe, classic quote. ^_^  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers