Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Saw Suburban Legends & Less Than Jake & Big D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:12 pm
I hadn't listened to them until recently. So I didn't really know that. All I was told was that they would be stopping by for a night some time in August to do a show in the church, wearing super hero costumes or something for a theme. I honestly have no clue what is going on since I was just told about it earlier this week. For all I know, that could be the wrong band since he talks to alot of different bands to try to talk them into coming to the church to play.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 pm
evilbrainbabies
I hadn't listened to them until recently. So I didn't really know that. All I was told was that they would be stopping by for a night some time in August to do a show in the church, wearing super hero costumes or something for a theme. I honestly have no clue what is going on since I was just told about it earlier this week. For all I know, that could be the wrong band since he talks to alot of different bands to try to talk them into coming to the church to play.

we'll they're a christian band and they usually do play at churches and s**t, so I don't doubt its them. but lately its been hard to get them to play a normal show. plus they recently fired their drummer, so I haven't seem em since like... december maybe? idk.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:33 pm
Fired eh? Use the lord's name in vein or something? haha.

I see. So I talked to my boss and he said that it was a confirmed thing. So when I see them and talk to them, I'll ask about there touring and such. See if maybe I can get something out of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:48 pm
evilbrainbabies
Fired eh? Use the lord's name in vein or something? haha.

I see. So I talked to my boss and he said that it was a confirmed thing. So when I see them and talk to them, I'll ask about there touring and such. See if maybe I can get something out of them.

Tell them they need to play tampa. haha.

anyways, yeah I guess their drummer was like... I can't play this show I have to goto my sisters wedding... and went to homecoming with some lil girl. he's not in highschool....so it was like. 1 lies, 2 *****. gtfo. lol.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 pm
Niiice.. Alright. lol. I shall have to tell them for you. Any particular place?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:27 pm
Nah, doesn't really matter where they play, I pretty much drive anywhere in the tampa/st. pete area.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:29 pm
Aight. I'll see if I can tell them that when I get to later next month. I think it's on the 20th, or the 27. Not totally sure yet.

I still don't get it to be honest. Supposedly it is going to be fore the whole back-to-school thing. And they are going to dress up as super heroes to be the league of justice. Or something like that. And I guess there is going to be some more theme stuff to it.

I'll be informed as the weeks go by on what will be going on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 am
evilbrainbabies
Aight. I'll see if I can tell them that when I get to later next month. I think it's on the 20th, or the 27. Not totally sure yet.

I still don't get it to be honest. Supposedly it is going to be fore the whole back-to-school thing. And they are going to dress up as super heroes to be the league of justice. Or something like that. And I guess there is going to be some more theme stuff to it.

I'll be informed as the weeks go by on what will be going on.

hahaha that sounds weird, but hey maybe they're doing it in celebration of the aquabats announcing they'll be comin to florida again finally. been like 4 years.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm
Really? When? I thought they were pretty much stuck in California. haha  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:40 pm
evilbrainbabies
Really? When? I thought they were pretty much stuck in California. haha
I have no ******** idea, but I can't wait. lol.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 pm
I was taking a look around. And I can't see any tour dates OUTSIDE of california for the next couple months. Lol.

So I come to find out that we are working with SOS on Aug. 22nd and the day after is Vision Fest 08. And I am going to see if I can work that. Keep my fingers crossed on that one.

I saw that, even though they probably have someone doing the lighting already. But the guy that is doing it just says "sound and lighting extrodanaire". That confuses me a little, so I am going to have to make some calls and hoepfully I can get ahold of them and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:16 pm
evilbrainbabies
I was taking a look around. And I can't see any tour dates OUTSIDE of california for the next couple months. Lol.

So I come to find out that we are working with SOS on Aug. 22nd and the day after is Vision Fest 08. And I am going to see if I can work that. Keep my fingers crossed on that one.

I saw that, even though they probably have someone doing the lighting already. But the guy that is doing it just says "sound and lighting extrodanaire". That confuses me a little, so I am going to have to make some calls and hoepfully I can get ahold of them and such.

hahah sound and lighting extrordanaire my a**. prolly sucks. and yeah idk, Nov 12th at state theatre I believe is aquabats.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm
Ya, I wouldn't be surprised really. Alot of these guys come out saying they know all this stuff about studios and stuff and just work for a small little group or are just reallllly bad. Then again I'm not too surprised when I see bad things in a studio nowadays

I was working at FOX news last year, doing directing and such. And I told someone to click play on the VCR, and he asked which one was the play button. I don't feel good saying that I fired him, But seriously... if your like 30 and you don't know which button is the play button on... any kind of video player, then you shouldn't work in this buisness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 am
evilbrainbabies
Ya, I wouldn't be surprised really. Alot of these guys come out saying they know all this stuff about studios and stuff and just work for a small little group or are just reallllly bad. Then again I'm not too surprised when I see bad things in a studio nowadays

I was working at FOX news last year, doing directing and such. And I told someone to click play on the VCR, and he asked which one was the play button. I don't feel good saying that I fired him, But seriously... if your like 30 and you don't know which button is the play button on... any kind of video player, then you shouldn't work in this buisness.

wow.... thats sad... I know how to press the play button on a vcr, dvd player, ipod, and all the game systems! wanna hire me? hahahaha.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
pfft. I wish I was working there right now. kind of desperate for the cash with the way the summers are. Summers mean barely any gigs for me. Unless you are working for a major name like Warped, doing sound and lighting is pretty slooow. So that's why I worked for FOX last year. But I tried to get hired for the summer again. Unfortunatly they weren't hiring, so I was kind of screwed for the summer. X_x

Seriously, one of the last bigger shows I have done was a Run Kid Run show in Baker county.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff