Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Xbox Elite vs. PS3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you like better?
  Xbox all the way!
  PS3. No contest.
  Neither.
  I love both. Don't make me choose!!!
View Results

ZelnichDoom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:49 am
for now X360 is good but i like Ps3 so buy both of it rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:23 am
I say look at things atm and see what you like.
Microsofts software lineup for the xbox is very impressing. Fallout 3 (w00t!), Fable 2, Final Fantasy 13(PS3 killer), and many many more. Xbox is giving anyone who loves gaming what they want. There is a new Dashboard update coming this fall making the xbox an almost NEW system! So many features coming to xbox this year. this was supposed to be the PS3s year to shine, says the industry. but Microsoft stole that!
the PS3 took a back step and hasnt really done anything. Haze was a failure and not as well thought out. Home has been delayed for forever. My friend loves his PS3 but he wishes he could have a xbox right now instead of it. Think about it.
Look up E3 coverage on the PS3 and Xbox and see what the future stores for both Systems ^^  

Tron714
Vice Captain

The True Anonymous One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:35 am
Nephilimalch
I'm wondering whether or not I should laugh at PH mongle or not. Oh, ignorance is wonderful, eh?

Essentially, don't touch the 360 elite. Despite what Microsoft tells people, it's not safe from the RRoD and it's pretty much just a pro with a big HDD. Avoid it- if it dies, you'll be receiving a 360 Pro back from Microsoft. Not worth the extra $150.

If you hurry, you can get a pro for $299- a great buy if you ask me. Just remember, there are extra costs that come with the 360. $50 a year for XBL, $100 for a Wifi component, and an upgrade in HDD space (you'll need it if you go online a lot) which can cost you $180 for a 120 GB HDD. So, just FYI, if you want to make your 360 "better", be prepared to pay $630 for your 360 instead of just that shiny little $299 price.

However, I prefer the PS3. It's better than the 360 as it doesn't die chronically. Seriously, the fail rate for the 360 is embarrassing. 33% just for hardware issues. That doesn't include the 1/9 chance that it'll gut your disk (You can see KASSA's study on that for more info) or the fact that its disk drive has a nasty habit of dieing.

The 360 does have a strong lineup of games, and sadly that's the only thing that redeems the 360. It does cater to RPG players, so that's a plus in my book. However, it lacks true exclusives and its actual exclusives are lackluster and even disappointing at best (Gears of War II and Fable II are not exclusives~). If you're familiar with Microsoft's work, then you should already know what to expect from your 360- such as 1-800-4-My-Xbox, a true homage to their "Sinkhole of support."

Now, onto the PS3.

It's more expensive out of the box, but it's actually cheaper than the 360 for all it comes with. I already showed you earlier that if you want half of the things that the PS3 comes with out of the box, you'll be paying $630 for the 360. Even if you go to upgrade the PS3's memory, you won't end up paying a lot. $80 will get you 160 GB of space with a new hard drive. They're cheap, easy to find, they don't void the warranty, and Sony actually walks you through the process.

$580 vs $630.

The PS3 does have a strong lineup of games, and saying anything otherwise is just proof of being either misinformed or ignorant, with a total of 90 upcoming exclusives. However, the PS3 as it stands, doesn't have the same game support as the 360. Not to say it can't truly compare to the 360's lineup since most of the 360's library has already reached bargain bin pricing, but still.

As PH mongle said, it's a Blu-Ray player, which holds more than 10 times what a normal DVD could hold- so you get more game for your buck. In fact, most European magazines rated the PS3 as one of the best Blu-Ray players for one of the cheapest prices. If you're looking for gaming and entertainment, Blu-Ray is the logical next step considering that it supports full 1080p- which the 360 does not.

Plus, since it seems that you found an 80 GIG. Assuming that you found the bundle, that should come with MGS4 ($60), a DuelShock3 Controller ($20 over the Sixaxis controller), and a free download of PAIN ($10). All together, you're getting $90 of extra stuff with your PS3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, each has its pros and cons. However, as it seems that you want a Blu-Ray player AND a gaming system, the PS3 should be what you're looking for. However, the final decision is yours. Just remember that the $300 360 will be gone soon, and if you don't act quickly, the price will jump back up to $350.

I'll say this one last time, just in case: DO NOT GET THE ELITE.
Now, wait a minute. You state that the 150 dollars isn't worth it for the Elite, but you then go and add the 120 gig hardrive on to the overall price of the 360. Which is fine, but buying the elite saves you $30 on the hard drive. The actual overall price would look more like $600 for the 360, and $590 for the PS3 (you forgot to add a headset.)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:26 pm
its all about games. yes littlebig planet looks awesome beyond that i have no other reason to buy one. (oh and because one of my fave anime movies paprika will only be on blu-ray) compared to the tons of games on xbox and xbox live, its no contest. xp  

sirdaveysockrocker

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am
Hmm... everyone I know who has a 360 is on at least their second console.

The worst of them all is on their 4th. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:31 am
Personally, I love both consoles equally. However, I only have a 360 atm. They both have their pros and cons. Like for example, the 360 is the loudest device I ever heard. I mean, its even louder than my PC ffs. Not to mention, the failure rate is incredibly high. However, the 360 has a great video game library like Gears of War and Dead or Alive 4 for example.

Then you have the PS3, it has games like MGS4 (even though I have yet to play this), Motorstorm, and Folklore. You especially can't forget about Heavenly Sword. However, from what I've heard PS3s have a decently high failure rate too. I've also been told that this store up in New York sees more request for PS3s to be repaired than 360s.

But nonetheless, they're both great consoles I think.  

Archie KoRnkid

delleonte

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:20 pm
PS3 is for intense gamers and Xbox is more family  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm
now listen i have a 360 and many friends with a ps3 and even tho im on my second 360 it's only because my tv fell on my first one i love the 360 and i never hear many good things for the ps3 and pluse the ps3 only has three realy good mentionable games while almost every single game iv played for the 360 is good even tho it cost more in the long run its better cause of games and how fun it is now i do love sony but when it comes to game systems there losing the battle in my mind right now and the red rings of death are no big just call them and tell them what happened in two weeks u get a box u send in ur 360 with nothing eles attached u get it back in anothe 2 weeks for free they handle all shipping costs but advice from me the wirless controllers suck i have two and thay both dont stay connected or on for 30 mins so get wired on should cost less to also get a wired mic so u dont have to charge or pay extra also dont use a wireless adaptor it cost over 100 dollers get a router it makes it so much easyer and cost effetive iv had my 360 now for almost a year and a half the first one for two years ud say the average life span is 1 year but just get in from best buy they give u a one year warrenty just bring it in every 11 months and say it broke and get a new one with a new warrenty so get a 360!!!!!  

viggyeitsme

iSephi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 pm
PS3 is better, even the oldest game I played for it (Assasins Creed) Amazed me after i'd been playing 360 for a long time, I was shocked at (Assassins Creed's) Graphics that were so well thought out, the dialouge that was, amazing, and the fact that it is more visually pleasing, makes me choose the PS3, Game Quality=PS3

Games?=360, they're just more fun, (Gears 2, 3PS Excellence)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 pm
iSephi
PS3 is better, even the oldest game I played for it (Assasins Creed) Amazed me after i'd been playing 360 for a long time, I was shocked at (Assassins Creed's) Graphics that were so well thought out, the dialouge that was, amazing, and the fact that it is more visually pleasing, makes me choose the PS3, Game Quality=PS3

Games?=360, they're just more fun, (Gears 2, 3PS Excellence)
i have assasins creed for the 360 and it made me do the same thing thas just the way assasins creed was sapos to be  

viggyeitsme

Megumi_12

7,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 am
Tr0n714
I say look at things atm and see what you like.
Microsofts software lineup for the xbox is very impressing. Fallout 3 (w00t!), Fable 2, Final Fantasy 13(PS3 killer), and many many more. Xbox is giving anyone who loves gaming what they want. There is a new Dashboard update coming this fall making the xbox an almost NEW system! So many features coming to xbox this year. this was supposed to be the PS3s year to shine, says the industry. but Microsoft stole that!
the PS3 took a back step and hasnt really done anything. Haze was a failure and not as well thought out. Home has been delayed for forever. My friend loves his PS3 but he wishes he could have a xbox right now instead of it. Think about it.
Look up E3 coverage on the PS3 and Xbox and see what the future stores for both Systems ^^

My friend has Fable and loves it, so I can play his... But PS3 has mirror's edge, which I love so much....

@ Heartless - I'm an intense gamer... Or will be soon... [Lol]

@ Everyone - My decision was made for me - I got PS3 for Christmas and sorry Xbox-lovers, I love it. ><  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm
360 is the best way to go. You wanna know why GTA4 is on the 360 AND the PS3? PS3 doesn't make enough sales to profit RS. Same with Final Fantasy. Hell, I could see Kingdom Hearts 3 coming on the 360.

Now on the 360, you can download games to your hard drive. This can be REALLY helpful if your clumsy, or you just want slower load times.

The online is just unmatchable. I've heard complaints from PS3 owners saying online laggs.....a lot. When I was over at my friend's house, we were playig a game.....and it lagged.....a lot.

I go around school and ask them to name 10 PS3 exclusive....they can't. Hell, I had to help then name some just to get past 5.

And two more words.... Castle Crashers biggrin  

SlickMonk

nightmarish angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:31 pm
it depends if u want real online gaming thats organized or just online gaming xbox games also come out first in america does controller tilting bother you and do u care that Microsoft may see yer xbox more then u i loved my 360 then it broke and my parent like killed best buy arguing about it then i had a ps3 wich i hate for 4 reasons
no halo
no gears
unorganized online
no fallout 3 dlc  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 pm
i love my elite biggrin  

Teatac

Georgia Gator

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:59 pm
Megumi_12
@ Everyone - My decision was made for me - I got PS3 for Christmas and sorry Xbox-lovers, I love it. ><

User Image

Hope you're having a good time with your PS3. 3nodding

It does kind of suck that you couldn't make the decision yourself, but you won't be mad you got a PS3 in the long run, I believe. I haven't had mine half as long as you, but I love it nonetheless.

Oh, and to everyone talking about PS3 not having any note-worthy games, you must be forgetting about the Downloadable titles as well because there's a good bit of them you can get for under 10 dollars that are quality games. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

User Image

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces