Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Mass Effect Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invulnerable Enthusiasm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 pm
nitnit
ninjabear - I doubt you completed the game at level 16...

deathguiser - I find the pistol to be very accurate, decently powerful, and very deadly when I can use marksmen

Niter - I never played JE, but I find that the actual universe of ME (despite being a bit of a pain in the a** to navigate at times) is amazing due to its sheer emersion.

Although.. I hope it mixes stuff up soon since im pretty early in the game (I think) and it's starting to feel a tiny bit repetitive.
Well I think the dialogue branching and alternative paths will keep the game interesting if the combat doesn't do it. I haven't finished the game yet either so your guess is better than mines.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 pm
I never used the pistol, hence why i didn't know. Still, it is very benefical as a soldier to master all weapons, which is the purpose of the class. (Makes up for the loss of bitoic/tech skills.)  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:45 pm
I focused solely on getting up spectre training once I obtained it, and put points in intimidate and charm (no idea how useful that will be), as well as unlocking heavy armor/first aid asap.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:47 pm
Yes, now start learning those weapons. Also, intimidate + charm will help with a couple of side quests, and intimidate will allow you to skip one segment off the final boss. You "Intimidate" Saren into shooting himself, causing Sovreign to take control of his body to kill you. I hated the b*****d, so I chose to kick his a** head on.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 pm
can you charm him into doing that xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:51 pm
For the sake of the game's dignity, hopefully not.

Shepard: "Hey, you think you yo ucould realize your crappy actions and shoot yourself so I don't have to waste and meds on you?"

Saren "Oh yeah, of course *splatters brains*"  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 pm
Well, I'm not really sure how you'd intimidate him into shooting himself

Shepard "RAWR IM LEVEL 60 GG"

Saren "Well s**t *shoots self*"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:58 pm
Thats pretty much what happened. I think through intimidation you make him realize his crap.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:03 pm
I think other than improving/balancing the combat and diversifying the uncharted worlds, ME2 should have spaceship combat (unless ME1 does...), and the ability to upgrade/modify your ship/dune buggy thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:45 pm
I loved the game. True, the combat got repetitive, but it was still fun for me and all I used was the sniper rifle with Garrus and the biotic girl. The other weapons I thought were only OK. I can't wait for the sequel, the story was just so amazing.*SPOILER* I let the counsel die and appointed the commander. What did you do? */SPOILER*  

Bibere venenum in auro

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:10 pm
Alright, after putting points into it, assault rifles are pretty overpowered. After I beef up some of my other combat skills, I'll probably l2 sniper rifle.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:45 pm
Shotgun will come in handy for some boss battles, especially once you learn the Carnage skill with it.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:51 am
(spoilers below)

Oh man, I didn't want to kill wrex so I have to now go back and do his armor quest and get up my charm level (since im playing paragon, if I play again I'll go renegade)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:00 pm
later on your going to have to let one of two people die. You have no choice they both can't live, you may already know about this ddecision, but just saying.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:01 pm
Oh well, at least that's a forced choice where as it's possible it prevent wrex from getting killed.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff