Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The power of forgiveness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm
XeroRyn
if Jesus is god why did he died...? N why do a god need a flesh?
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

he became flesh to show that the world needs to learn how to truly love. That yououldn't just go for the eye for an eye bullshit that the Jews and everyone else around them had been practicing for centuries. He died as an innocent man to bring us to salvation and to open the gates of heaven to the humans again. He redeemed us through his blood, sweat, and tears. It was His own choice to do it in this manner. I'm sure if the Lord God had a different way of doing things, He would have done so. This was the choice and plan that the Lord God had for us. and as Christians, we accept this wholeheartedly

Mat 16:26 For what doth it profit a man, if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul? Or what exchange shall a man give for his soul?

This is the type of concept that God came in, as a weak human being, to teach humans that GOD IS LOVE. LOVE IS LIFE ITSELF. God became incarnate to interact with humans, as Jesus, he fulfilled the covenant with the Jews that he would send a Messiah to relieve their sufferings.

@ Pheonixia: did you actually read what I wrote? I said that Jesus is considered completely human and completely divine. You focus too much on the literate and not on matters of faith. I could just as easily come up with something about Muhammad hallucinating when you are talking about your own faith. If you're going to criticize my faith, at least do it in good taste with a sign of intelligence instead of making snide remarks.

Here's the full quote:
Mattew 16:25-27
Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life? For the Son of man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay every man for what he has done.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 pm
XeroRyn
IThe priestwhy jesus is god? and which god is GOD?

They're all the same. God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy spirit. My faith in particular, Catholicism, believes in the Holy Trinity.
All are equal and yet distinct.

XeroRyn
why we need to confess to the priest instead of we pray to god ourselves?

The priest merely provides a physical presence to confess to God. The priest, I guess acts as an observer. He is not God, but makes it easier to confess your sins out loud to God and offers absolution and penance. It's supposed to make it easier to confess your sins. It's like talking to a friend about all the bad things that you have done and not being judged for your sins, but to make amendments for you acts against God. Priests are sworn to secrecy and it is against the faith for a priest to talk about what you have done to other people.

Personally, I like this concept. I'd rather talk to God as a friend and companion than to be a slave of God.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 am
okay trinity concept...

who is yahweh?

how come a father can be a son?
Because you said that they are all the same.....

and why dou you need god in three part as father son and holy spirit

all i know in islam god is only GOD the numeral uno, the only one..dont need to be in so many parts  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 pm
XeroRyn

who is yahweh?

One of many names of God. Still the same deity.

XeroRyn

all i know in islam god is only GOD the numeral uno, the only one..dont need to be in so many parts

biggrin
congratulations, you have just asked one of the most difficult theological question in the Catholic doctrine.
I will try and give my best answer. As I'm still young in my knowledge of extensive Catholic doctrine, I'll try my best to explain to you.

God says of Jesus, "We have confirmed him in the Holy Spirit"
God without Word is expressionless; God without Spirit is lifeless. Thus, if God's Word and Spirit dwelt in Jesus, then to know Jesus in some way is to be aware of the living presence of God.

For you guys, the Qu'ran is the Word of God became a book; and according to us, Jesus is "the Word became flesh and lived among us"

For us, the trinity is three parts that became one. I suppose you could say they are the different aspects that make up God. That's how I was taught anyways. God the Caring father, God the obedient Son, and God the Wise Holy Spirit. It's all the same, really. They're not separate, but equal.

EDIT: Here is a metaphor used by St. Augustine (I think, in any case, it's an ancient explanation) to explain the concept of the trinity.
"The root is made of wood, the trunk is made of wood, and the branches are made of wood. These are not three separate woods, but one and the same. They are different aspects of the SAME THING"

Another modern one would be:
"A woman is a daughter to her parents. To an employer, she is a worker. To her husband, she is a spouse. Same woman, different perspectives."

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 pm
now that is interesting

okay now is that means god exist in tree part yes??  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 am
XeroRyn
now that is interesting

okay now is that means god exist in tree part yes??

Um, I'm a bit confused. What are you asking?

The tree was a metaphor to explain why we use the Trinity concept in Christianity, particularly in Catholicism. Eh, it really should be called the "Tri-unity" because the word "trinity" totally confused other people (including Muhammad) as well as some Christians...people just thought we were polytheists, which we're not. D:

Any how, back to what you were saying...what are you asking?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

who is yahweh?

One of many names of God. Still the same deity.

XeroRyn

biggrin
congratulations, you have just asked one of the most difficult theological question in the Catholic doctrine.
I will try and give my best answer. As I'm still young in my knowledge of extensive Catholic doctrine, I'll try my best to explain to you.

God says of Jesus, "We have confirmed him in the Holy Spirit"
God without Word is expressionless; God without Spirit is lifeless. Thus, if God's Word and Spirit dwelt in Jesus, then to know Jesus in some way is to be aware of the living presence of God.

For you guys, the Qu'ran is the Word of God became a book; and according to us, Jesus is "the Word became flesh and lived among us"

For us, the trinity is three parts that became one. I suppose you could say they are the different aspects that make up God. That's how I was taught anyways. God the Caring father, God the obedient Son, and God the Wise Holy Spirit. It's all the same, really. They're not separate, but equal.

EDIT: Here is a metaphor used by St. Augustine (I think, in any case, it's an ancient explanation) to explain the concept of the trinity.
"The root is made of wood, the trunk is made of wood, and the branches are made of wood. These are not three separate woods, but one and the same. They are different aspects of the SAME THING"

Another modern one would be:
"A woman is a daughter to her parents. To an employer, she is a worker. To her husband, she is a spouse. Same woman, different perspectives."

if God is son that means there still is some supreme being whom HE obeys? god never obeys!

i wish your concept could be reshaped in a new religion which has a name of peace...
where Islamic God, Cristian God, and All other Gods of other religions are considered as one... but in different perspectives?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:00 pm
tassan

if God is son that means there still is some supreme being whom HE obeys? god never obeys!

You're taking my words out of context.

Hmph, doesn't God answer your prayers?

Anyhow the concept of God the Son is meant to inspire people to BE OBEDIENT LIKE A SON

tassan

i wish your concept could be reshaped in a new religion which has a name of peace...

Which Muslims wouldn't accept anyways, because anyone claiming to be a prophet after Muhammad is considered to be invalid.

tassan
where Islamic God, Cristian God, and All other Gods of other religions are considered as one... but in different perspectives?

Pope John Paul has already cleared it with us Catholics that Jews, Christians, and Muslims pretty much worship the same God, just in different ways and is a different perspective on the omnipotence of God.
I was taught that in my religion classes...that the proof that God exists is through the sheer amount of religions that exist that believe in a higher power.

But people are still going to claim superiority over others' faith.
Muhammad does, Jesus claimed that he was here to reform the Jews, and well, Moses and Abraham kinda made it clear that Judaism was the only way for them.

I don't think there would be any possible way to blend all the elements into one dominant world religion. People have thought of that, but I don't think that's possible. There are too many theological conflicts to deal with for that to happen.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:07 am
Ratri_Cat
tassan

You're taking my words out of context.

Hmph, doesn't God answer your prayers?

Anyhow the concept of God the Son is meant to inspire people to BE OBEDIENT LIKE A SON

you do not need to use big fonts to teach me i am getting the concept of what you are trying to say... and answering prayers doesn't come in obedience in my terms! he listens and replies never is he obedient.. though he does what he says

tassan

Ratri_Cat
Pope John Paul has already cleared it with us Catholics that Jews, Christians, and Muslims pretty much worship the same God, just in different ways and is a different perspective on the omnipotence of God.
I was taught that in my religion classes...that the proof that God exists is through the sheer amount of religions that exist that believe in a higher power.

But people are still going to claim superiority over others' faith.
Muhammad does, Jesus claimed that he was here to reform the Jews, and well, Moses and Abraham kinda made it clear that Judaism was the only way for them.

I don't think there would be any possible way to blend all the elements into one dominant world religion. People have thought of that, but I don't think that's possible. There are too many theological conflicts to deal with for that to happen.

i never get so pleased when somebody says that... when we do not even try then surely that will not be possible...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:19 am
tassan

i never get so pleased when somebody says that... when we do not even try then surely that will not be possible...

reality strikes aain. Maybe when Islam will accept Hinduism as a valid faith as well as religions with multiple gods, goddesses and whatnot and all other faiths accept that.
Maybe when Muslim women can marry non-Muslims men.
When Catholics decide that the child doesn't have to be raised catholic when they have a Catholic wedding....

perhaps when all these things come to pass you might actually see a world religion.

Until then, I rest my case. It's not going to happen, and trying will go nowhere.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:49 am
Ratri_Cat
tassan

reality strikes aain. Maybe when Islam will accept Hinduism as a valid faith as well as religions with multiple gods, goddesses and whatnot and all other faiths accept that.
Maybe when Muslim women can marry non-Muslims men.
When Catholics decide that the child doesn't have to be raised catholic when they have a Catholic wedding....

perhaps when all these things come to pass you might actually see a world religion.

Until then, I rest my case. It's not going to happen, and trying will go nowhere.

some how religion does not need that interference with each other... the equilibrium of standards will make the world peace...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:04 am
hush now...if both of you keep this before speaking about world peace do reflect yourselves. No mutual understanding can be gain from arguing like this eyh

now tri-unity now is that god as 3 parts or the 3 parts is god?

now why do you need to have god as the son? To be obedient you said but my opinion a God does not need to be obedient because there is no one to obey...as god is the almighty

and why you need god as the son? if He the son who i the father? to whom is he obedient? as a caring father a bit fine i guess

and holy spirit..why must a spirit?  

XeroRyn

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:59 am
XeroRyn

now tri-unity now is that god as 3 parts or the 3 parts is god?

Tri-unity is a better term than Trinity. See, when the Christian church came up with this concept, some people were confused, and Muhammad got a warped answer that reflects in Islam today.
In layman's terms, it's three different aspects of the same God.

XeroRyn
now why do you need to have god as the son? To be obedient you said but my opinion a God does not need to be obedient because there is no one to obey...as god is the almighty

I explained this previously REALLY badly, and for this I must apologize.
First off, the term "Son" is not taken literally. In fact, it's interpreted as logos, which is Latin for "Word". We believe that Jesus the Christ became God's Word incarnate, just as you believe the Qu'ran to be God's Word made into a book.

XeroRyn
if He the son who i the father? to whom is he obedient? as a caring father a bit fine i guess

"Father" is derived from one of many Hebrew names from God which is "Elohim". It is a characteristic of a caring father who articulates "the Word", which is translated as "the Son".
XeroRyn
and holy spirit..why must a spirit?

Holy Spirit is derived from yet another Hebrew word that is often mistranslated into English Bibles. That is the word "Ruah".
"Ruah" is a feminine characteristic of God. Like a mother caring for her children. Does God not show a tender love to His children, despite their mistakes, like a mother?
That is why is is an attribute of God.

I think the reason that God is even referred to as a "He" is because these are patriarchial religions. It would be much different had women dominated

To give a better visual, I'll sketch something out on Paint about the Trinity, which should be better known as the Tri-unity.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 am
ratri_cat
...and to open the gates of heaven to the humans again. He redeemed us through his blood, sweat, and tears...

can you tell me more about this?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:05 am
okay now my next question...your belief is Jesus was the god word as flesh?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff