Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
Im not liking Breaking Dawn as much as I thought. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irisdolly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:39 pm
Bella really pissed me off for the majority of the book. I don't know why, but she just really annoyed the hell out of be the first half.
Honestly, I was a little disappointed, even so, I read it in 17hrs, and only put it down about twice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:01 pm
i really did like this book. the beginning was a bit slow, and some parts were a bit repetitive. breaking dawn probably didn't need to be as long as it was. i guess the difference that a lot of people are feeling is that it's not focused as much on edward and bella's love, it's focused more on their family and their future.

*SPOILER*
also something that i think is throwing a lot of people off (it threw me off) was the fact that bella had a baby. it did seem a tad fanfictiony.

one thing that bothered me about this book was how dark it was, and how much pain many of the characters were in. i always hated it when bella would describe agony crossing edward's face, and for the majority of the book, that's all his face held.

all that aside, i did end up liking this book a lot. i loved the end. i still think that eclipse is my favorite though.

alexx1818

Kiss of Color

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin
i know, right?

really disappointing.

its so far from what anyone
expected, that it isnt that great.

Yup...

SPOILERS(high-light it) The whole Edward-Bella-had-sex-thing made me want to puke. I HATED that Bella had had a baby, ONE PRESON FROM THIS GUILD GUESSED THE WHOLE PLOT. That's just sad... >> I wanted to cry when Alice left, more than when Edward left... I like Jacob more than Bella now. BUT it was cool when she was a vampire, I would have liked it better if THERE WHERE NO BABIES AND SEX in it...

Yeah, when I finished it today ..... I wanted to throw it out my winddow. XDDD;;;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 am
IrisDolly
Bella really pissed me off for the majority of the book. I don't know why, but she just really annoyed the hell out of be the first half.
Honestly, I was a little disappointed, even so, I read it in 17hrs, and only put it down about twice.

Agreed. I didn't like how Bella [spoilers from book one to two] kept the baby and was gonna throw her life away for it. I was like--"Jacob gave you Edward in the end, and you're gonna give everything up for a baby that might not live and would certainly kill its mother along the way?" Everybody would lose--Bella & baby would die, Edward would've killed himself, Jacob would probably be angsty for the rest of his life and both families (Cullen & Swans) would mourn the losses. Not to mention how Bella always looked at Jacob as if that was all she needed (like "the perfect Christmas gift") during the pregnancy weeks. It was like she was leading him on.

lol, I thought Rosalie would definitely steal the baby in the end... ninja  

moffity

irisdolly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 am
Tayasu Sango
IrisDolly

Agreed. I didn't like how Bella [spoilers from book one to two] kept the baby and was gonna throw her life away for it. I was like--"Jacob gave you Edward in the end, and you're gonna give everything up for a baby that might not live and would certainly kill its mother along the way?" Everybody would lose--Bella & baby would die, Edward would've killed himself, Jacob would probably be angsty for the rest of his life and both families (Cullen & Swans) would mourn the losses. Not to mention how Bella always looked at Jacob as if that was all she needed (like "the perfect Christmas gift") during the pregnancy weeks. It was like she was leading him on.

lol, I thought Rosalie would definitely steal the baby in the end... ninja
I thought that too! Cause she wanted babies, and there was the PERFECT opportunity for her to have one.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:07 pm
i S t a r D a z z l e
In the beginning it's a bit slow. I know. I had the same exact reaction. I was like, "...This is /seriously/ disappointing..." And I just didn't like the book very much. But it gets better towards the middle of the book. Believe me. Just give the book a chance. It really was exciting. I was jumping out of my seat and laughing throughout the second half of the book. When I finished it, I was like, "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!"
Exactly.
I felt content at the end of the book. Not amazed like I had with books like Eclispe, or totally swooning after Twilight, but I still really liked it.
I know some of it was hard to swallow, but when it came down to it, I loved it.
She gave us two of the things we most wanted. We have to be happy with that.
also, I remember forever ago thinking that Bella could have a baby and everyone shot me down. Then I started to disbelieve that, too, but I was sorta happy. Like everyone said, that part sounded a bit fanfictionay, but in the end, I was almost happy with it. I mean, it gave Bella something for to fight for than just Edward: she loves her daughter. And I LOVED her reaction to Jacob imprinting on her. That was also very fanfictonay, but hey, he needs his happy ending, too.
All in all, I actually enjoyed this book. My order goes: Eclispe, Twilight, Breaking Dawn, and New Moon. Eclispe and Twilight had so much more for me, but this book was still pretty good.
(Wow, my review sounds so mixed. Haha)  

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

XX__MiSSES BRiGHTSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 pm
I don't know how to put my feelings in words. :[
A day ago, I wanted to strangle Renesmee.
I did not like the thought of Bella and Edward having a baby.
I still don't, of course.
But she's grown on me...
It all just seems like fan fiction to me.
I don't hate the book, but it definitely disappointed me.
If I had to have an order for the books, I'd say Breaking Dawn came in last.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t love it.
I do.
But I just can't get past the feeling that all I'm reading is fan fiction.
Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:19 pm
I got really annoyed with Bella at the beginning, at first she wanted to be a vampire right after their honeymoon, but then she goes and tells Edward she wants a semester of college.....gah.

*Spoiler*

But I did think the scene in the ocean with Edward looking at the moon before they finally did it was sweet.

Can I say Jacobs book was the highlight for me? Just reading his chapter titles....lol. When I saw Jacobs book I laughed imagining the Edward fans who hated Jacob reading it. I loved his banter with Rosalie....the blonde jokes and Fido killed me. I'm glad she ended with him imprinting on the baby, so we didn't have to suffer his new obsession.

I was very annoyed with Edward in the second book, the way he looked so helpless and agonized all the time, I know he's watching Bella die, but shouldn't he try to cover it up the best he can for her sake, so even if she were to die her last memories of him were fairly decent. Rosalie pissed me off when Bella was pregnant, the way she was acting....

I think the last book may have been my favorite in Bellas pov, it keeps coming in a tie with Jacob....I didn't like that Jake told Charlie though....
Emmett in the background making sex jokes during Charlies visits was wonderful, and their arm wrestling match.

I didn't expect to cry in here, but when Edward called Jacob his brother then his son....I had to put the book down for a minute, it was refreshing to know that their hatred could finally dwindle and their bond could grow like that.

Okay way too much typing, xD.

Oh one more thing, anybody else fall in love with Seth?!  

BloodOfBeautifulDreamers

XX__MiSSES BRiGHTSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:21 pm
Oh yeah!
Seth!!!
Yeah, he grew on me.
He was probably one of the best parts of the book for me.
Love the kid more than Renesmee. xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:23 pm
True_Light_San
...It's like reading a bad fanfiction... *sigh*

I'm on chapter 30, and I don't know if I can finish it...

omg thats what it is. ok so i read the whole book and i fell asleep reading it so that tells you something about me reading the book cause the others my mom had to make me go to sleep. but as i was reading it i felt like it wasn't stephenie writing and to make myself believe it was her. and it didn't help that on this roleplay it was simlar to the book in certain ways like details.  

Princess Candy Apple

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:33 pm
Seth and Emmett were some of my favorite characters.
And I loved that Leah wasn't an uber b***h anymore. That was nice.
I loved Emmett's jokes: At least someone is scoring around here! (or something like that...)
Seth is such a cutie. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:40 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Okay, I might get my book tomorrow, so I haven't read my copy yet. But, I saw on the internet before it was released, it was a spoiler, that there was more than one book in Breaking Dawn. When I saw the that the second book was in Jacob POV, I was pissed. I honestly HATE Jacob. I REALLY want to know what happens to Bella, not Jacob. I could care less what happens to Jacob.

It scares me that I might not like Breaking Dawn. I want to read the love between Edward and Bella. Every time I read that they've kissed, or something in that sort, I get butterflies and tingles in my stomach. I am just going to hope it makes a good story.

I felt the same way when I got to the Jacob POV part. But after reading it, I felt I would have rather read his point of view than Bella's at that time. You might agree with me after you read it. But I really hated Jacob too. xd  

kittiko

Fide et Amore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:54 pm
Kittycharm
Really? That's strange......I know that breaking dawn doesn't give you the same emotional feeling like the other three books, but this one gave me a new emotional feeling, not romance, but family.

Ditto. It's not as romance-y as the other 3 books in the series, it is more focused on family. It's really very emotional and sweet. I loved it!

I've seen a mixture of reactions on here. Some people have been mad that Bella changed her mind from thinking Edward was the most beautiful thing ever, into thinking that Nessie was. And others are pissed because Bella would die for her baby. HELLO?? Whats wrong with you guys? Anyone who has thought seriously about having a family and children should know that a mother would do ANYTHING possible to keep their child alive. It's not OOC in the least. It's really the only decision Bella would have ever made.

I mean, I can agree that this book is much more different than the others in the series; it's much more mature, and some people have a hard time with that since it's not a pure romance anymore. It much darker, dealing with death and pain. Dealing with right vs. wrong, with Jacob and Sam and the pack, and the Volturi's ruthlessness in the face of innocence. But that's a part of life, everyone goes through it. I know eveyone wanted it to be a happy lighthearted ending to the series, but I appreciate that it was a deep book. It seems a little bit like the people who were disappointed with the book are... more immature fans; younger in age, or just less open-minded. I'm not trying to be mean in saying this. But this book brings up some really big issues, and some people have a hard time dealing with it.

I'll give you this; the fact that Bella could even have a baby is a little weird, and fan fiction-y, but the rest of the actions she takes seem... inevitable.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:07 pm
i kinda argree. i dont like the begining(it did not tell alot about the honeymoon!), but then it had a happy ending heart  

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Princess Candy Apple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm
PoopyBeep
Kittycharm
Really? That's strange......I know that breaking dawn doesn't give you the same emotional feeling like the other three books, but this one gave me a new emotional feeling, not romance, but family.

Ditto. It's not as romance-y as the other 3 books in the series, it is more focused on family. It's really very emotional and sweet. I loved it!

I've seen a mixture of reactions on here. Some people have been mad that Bella changed her mind from thinking Edward was the most beautiful thing ever, into thinking that Nessie was. And others are pissed because Bella would die for her baby. HELLO?? Whats wrong with you guys? Anyone who has thought seriously about having a family and children should know that a mother would do ANYTHING possible to keep their child alive. It's not OOC in the least. It's really the only decision Bella would have ever made.

I mean, I can agree that this book is much more different than the others in the series; it's much more mature, and some people have a hard time with that since it's not a pure romance anymore. It much darker, dealing with death and pain. Dealing with right vs. wrong, with Jacob and Sam and the pack, and the Volturi's ruthlessness in the face of innocence. But that's a part of life, everyone goes through it. I know eveyone wanted it to be a happy lighthearted ending to the series, but I appreciate that it was a deep book. It seems a little bit like the people who were disappointed with the book are... more immature fans; younger in age, or just less open-minded. I'm not trying to be mean in saying this. But this book brings up some really big issues, and some people have a hard time dealing with it.

I'll give you this; the fact that Bella could even have a baby is a little weird, and fan fiction-y, but the rest of the actions she takes seem... inevitable.

ok i must be wierd cause i didn't want the happy ending i wanted something bad to happen, but i still wanted that happy ending. does anyone understand what i'm saying cause i'm lost.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff