Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
How games obsessed are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How obsessed with games are you?
  I not obsessed at all, I'm not a loser!
  I like to indulge in my habit once in a while.
  I love games lots, but I am a sane person.
  Games and oxygen are the same thing to me!
View Results

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:21 pm
Undine Mystic

I get so mad when people leave my discs out of their covers! I am the only one in the family that hasn't had a disc destroyed.

I'm the same way D: my brother pisses me off so bad with that.Especially when he borrows MY games and leaves them to sit out of cover in his messy filthy room DX  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Yeah. My siblings piss me off to. Oh wait. I don't have siblings *I'm not sure if I'm glad or sad*  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 pm
I am really bad at putting games back in their correct cover though.... Sometimes I have to go through 8 covers to find the game I am looking for... even worse if I double-stack. As long as my games are in any sort of cover, I don't care!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:40 pm
Undine Mystic
I am really bad at putting games back in their correct cover though.... Sometimes I have to go through 8 covers to find the game I am looking for... even worse if I double-stack. As long as my games are in any sort of cover, I don't care!

I do that sometimes but not for many times.I mostly just do it when I'm changing back and forth alot between 2.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

H Falcon

4,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:09 pm
I think my gamercard pretty much says enough about it. That is if people click in it and see the games I've played etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 pm
when I'm playing games I tend to X everything out, if my house was on fire I wouldn't know. sweatdrop  

Korean Kracker II

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:56 pm
Oh, does it count as obsessive if I have a stack of video game OSTs? I have so much video game music on my playlist.....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 am
nitnit
But have any of you played a single game for upwards of 500 hours? That's how much time I wasted playing starcraft on the battle net...

I haven't really  

Korean Kracker II

Raike99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:09 pm
I 36 hour'd MapleStory once.
I've probably played the game for 500 hours+ all together.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm
I've played 200 hours of oblivion, but thats about it.

Im pretty obssessed too. Besides necesseities of life, all I buy are video games. I don't feel like making a list, however.

I own every 3rd gen console, and I buy all big titles plus smaller interesting ones. My favorite system is the Xbox 360, least in the Wii. I would say the PS3 is somewhat similar to the xbox, but more reliable and better for RPG's and fighter, while Xbox owns shooters.

Anyway, I have hundreds and hundreds of games, because I can't bring myself to sell them.  

Deathguiser

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm
I'm not sure, but I think I'm one of the lords of obsession when it comes to gaming. sweatdrop

* I play games but not everyday almost all the time.
* breaks? What do you mean breaks?
* I don't buy all the pariferals for a system at launch, but will buy them later when it's cheaper (besides... I have other systems that need caring for...)
* I get gaming magazines every month (for who knows how long...), and read up on the latest news on particular genres
* Never taken the day off of schoo/work, but I bring my games to each. In fact... a gaming system practically never leaves my side.
* I have about 2 memory cards (and they're pretty huge), and easily over 70 games
* Gaming posters, wall scrolls, little figurines, books, wall stickers... I got a lot.
* My grades have suffered, but I still manage to pass most of my classes
* Never rent. Borrow maybe, but no rent.
* Does being part of the GPL count as a forum? xd
* I won't name my kids after a gaming character, but I may name them after a name which I gave to one of my gaming characters.
* Fan art? Easily.
* Most games I play have more than 100 hours... for each game.
* There are games which I play competitively
* I have not made any videogames, or conspired to make any... yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:42 pm
Chaotix Bluix

* Most games I play have more than 100 hours... for each game.
* I have not made any videogames, or conspired to make any... yet.

Which begs the question "Which games have you played more than once?"

On average, I play each game at least 4 times, especially if there is something to unlock. With GTA San Andreas, I played it 4 times and each time got 100%, that's how obsessed I am. I even replay games I would consider awful, just to test whether they really are!

I will always unlock every ending to a game and get full percentage.

I have even replayed RPGs.

I became a designer in the slim hope I could one day be an artist working on a game (my strength is character design).

I once had my walls and ceiling covered in Sonic! (Come to think of it, I have done fan art, I once wrote a whole Sonic comic!)  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Deathguiser

Anyway, I have hundreds and hundreds of games, because I can't bring myself to sell them.

So, do you actually make your own money or what?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:43 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser

So, do you actually make your own money or what?

Yeah. My parents buy me some occassionally, I have been collecting since I was 4.  

Deathguiser

ilnu

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 pm
Well...I would have traded my 360 away in order to get a Wii just to play Twilight princess. But the only thing keeping me from doing that is Fable 2. OoT is my favorite game of all time, but currently Fable is my favorite game on the three consoles meaning, GC, PS2, and X-box. And I'll play Fable 2 and then once I beat it or get bored of it, I'll trade my 360 away to get a wii and TP. ^^;  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff