Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:23 pm
The Kraken
Koneko Tsukino
Stephenie gave us what we wanted: the wedding and the turning. So let's be happy with that, okay?
*Raises hand* May I say that I wanted neither?
Yup. That's your opinion. But I think that it's what the majority of us wanted: them to get married and her to get turned.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 pm
*spoilers but not really at the same time*
Okay... So I've always been team Edward. Now as soon as Jacob comes back into the picture I like him... I think there's something wrong with me. My entire life I've been stubborn as hell and this is annoying me. I had it in my mind that I would continue not liking him in this novel and Stephenie Meyer goes ahead and makes him irresistable... *grumble mumble*
And did anyone else freak out about the whole imprinting thing? I did. And it was embarrassing cuz I was reading in front of my mom, dad, uncle, uncle's girlfriend, and my godfather. My jaw dropped and so did the book... There's something about her books that make me drop them. Twilight made me throw the book across the room, Breaking Dawn made me drop it, and The Host made me accidentally rip a page because I tried to catch it before I could let it fall to the first floor from the second.
Yes... I'm a klutz...  

Daydream Delivery

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Believe4life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 pm
I loved it!

Though I was a little pissed off when Steph, changed from Bella's perspective to Jacobs. Jacob imprinting on their baby, who'd have thought? Oh, wait I remember reading someones post a long while back (can't remember who) and just for fun they were saying wouldn't it be funny if Bella and Edward had a daughter and Jacob imprinted on her......

I couldn't help giggling (with the confusion, cause I didn't expect Bella to get pregnant) at how it turned out, for a moment there I was sure that I was in one of my strange dreams. I couldn't really believe I was reading what I had been hoping for. But Nessie, I don't find that name very appealing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 pm
Sheesh.
I think it was great.
Actually, I JUST finished the book about 20 minutes ago.
I think nessie is fine. Shes a child and children deserve cute names.
Would you rather them call her goddess or overlord?
So people, sorry to be harsh, but get over it.
The book was good, little slow, and yes I agree the volturi thing was sort of pointless. I sort of wished there was a fight, but then again I dont. I don't like when people die, its sad and i don't get why people wanted people to die.
Also, I sorta liked the jacob thing. I dont like him. But I dont hate him anymore, I think I've gotten more okay with him now that everything between him and bella are cool. But think about it, would you have wanted to read about bellas pain for a couple hundred pages?
SO in total I give this book 4 stars out of 4
JEESH, I type to much
I hope everyone else enjoyed this as much of me.
<3

Hardcore Patty-Cake

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:15 pm
I think the people who hated the book are over-reacting or something.
I just got my book in the mail (thank god) today and I'm already at the part when *spoilers*

Bella gets to see Renesme (horrible name but it's growing on me) after she's changed. So far, I'm entertianed. I've been hearing "Oh it's like a fanfic, blah blah" But so far it's interesting. I do know a little bit about what's going to happen. I couldn't wait for the book so I spoiled myself slightly on key events. but I think it's okay from what I've read.

Jacob's part was annoying, but also funny as hell. (the chapter titles cracked me up). And it helps that I like Jacob.
SO I'll give a complete assesment when I'm done. Just thought I'd let people know It's not complete trash like I've been hearing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm
Polyhymnia
i was happy, kind of surprised but happy, didn't care for 2nd book, who cares about Jacob, i don't! neutral

I know, but I eventually liked hearing Jacobs pov!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 pm
stare Guys. Chill out. I'm a Twilighter too you know.
I loved the book so calm down.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm
Now here is my opinion. Don't hate me please sweatdrop
This book was rushed and well very sloppy. I kinda sorta liked it.
The wedding was emotional I gotta admit. But everything else was just.....huh?
You know?
AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO BORED WITH JACOB!
I'm sorry for all you Jacob lovers. He just bored the living crap outta me!
Anywho the book was too predictable.
Rosalie is pure EVIL! I want her dead!
Why so many gifted vampires and no war? What a waste!
And whats with all the sex?!
I mean isn't the book supposed to be for young adults?
And didn't she say her kids are reading the books and stuff?
I mean it was just too much of that I'm sorry.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Now here is my opinion. Don't hate me please sweatdrop
This book was rushed and well very sloppy. I kinda sorta liked it.
The wedding was emotional I gotta admit. But everything else was just.....huh?
You know?
AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO BORED WITH JACOB!
I'm sorry for all you Jacob lovers. He just bored the living crap outta me!
Anywho the book was too predictable.
Rosalie is pure EVIL! I want her dead!
Why so many gifted vampires and no war? What a waste!
And whats with all the sex?!
I mean isn't the book supposed to be for young adults?
And didn't she say her kids are reading the books and stuff?
I mean it was just too much of that I'm sorry.

No hate over here ^_^
....I just disagree. I thought Jacob was funny as usual.
And the sex wasn't bad. What would YOU do if you were just married? I'd get some, personally ^^'. And it wasn't like it wasn't tasteful. As young adults you knew they were having sex but it wasn't smut...there were no details at all.

I do agree about the no fighting thing, but I didn't think Steph had it in her to make some huge battle where someone obviously important had to die. I think it hurt her in Eclipse when she made Jacob get attacked. So I sorta expected as much. she made it all fluffy and happy which is a downer i guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm
Hardcore Patty-Cake
Sheesh.
I think it was great.
Actually, I JUST finished the book about 20 minutes ago.
I think nessie is fine. Shes a child and children deserve cute names.
Would you rather them call her goddess or overlord?
So people, sorry to be harsh, but get over it.
The book was good, little slow, and yes I agree the volturi thing was sort of pointless. I sort of wished there was a fight, but then again I dont. I don't like when people die, its sad and i don't get why people wanted people to die.
Also, I sorta liked the jacob thing. I dont like him. But I dont hate him anymore, I think I've gotten more okay with him now that everything between him and bella are cool. But think about it, would you have wanted to read about bellas pain for a couple hundred pages?
SO in total I give this book 4 stars out of 4
JEESH, I type to much
I hope everyone else enjoyed this as much of me.
<3

EXACTLY!
I don't see why everyone is complaining so much! There are problems with every book and I've noticed that it seems a lot like people have set out to destroy this book reputation! There are tons and tons of topics in here that are complaints. And it really bugs me!
Stephenie wrote what she did for a reason! and I think that we should all go back and read the book again. Read the emotions and meanings behind the words rather than the words themselves. I think you'll notice there's a lot more to this book than we all think.
It was really a quite good book, it was full of emotion.
There a lot more to it than the other books (except maybe New Moon) it held more conflict and revolved around a wider spectrum of feelings in my opinion. It played on a lot more than just the raw love they feel for each other like the other books did. This one had fear, and doubt, and loss, and love, and family, and new experience, and discovery!
There was so much more than the obvious and I think the people here are just afraid of change.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

RAWRxiloveyooh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm
i didn't really like the nickname, much. but i guess it was kind of cute... i don't know.
i was seriously SHOCKED OUT OF MY MIND, when i found out Bella was preggerz and when Jacob imprinted on Nessie [i don't feel like typing the entire name XD]. i literally yelled 'OH...MY...GODDDD!!' and i was like 'NOOOO' when Alice and Jasper left. it i was all smiley cheesey smile when they name back. :]

the book actually made me like Jacob a bit more. And Seth is amazinggg<3 hahaa. i wanted him to imprint on someone awesome, though.
i could have guessed that would be Bella's power, it's pretty useful. But i'd want something cool like Kate's. aha.
I was fairly disappointed with the no war thing, i enjoy the fight scenes. ...does that sound bad? aha. i was anticipating a fight the ENTIRE time, it was fairly a disappointment.

overall, i loved the book. it was interesting, i liked jacob's POV. it was interesting. made me like him more. and seth! yay! i loved his titles, and it was pretty informative. so yeah.
good book, i loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 pm
Yeah.. Everyone wanted them to get married and then Bella to be turned into a vampire. I would have been extremely angry if it just ended with them having the baby, Bella being a vampire and everything just being a happy fairy-tale.. that would have been horrible...

I loved the whole book.. but I don't think Jacob should have imprinted on Renesmee... for pretty much half of 'book two- jacob' I thaught he was going to fall in love with Leah, and that was why he couldn't imprint on anyone.. was because his true love was a werewolf. And if that were to happen, Jacob would be happy and just be friends with Bella, and Leah would follow Jacob everywhere and they would be happy together or something.. and then everyone else would be happy. Does that sound...weird?  

there was a silence

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:47 pm
Ok, the book was not terrible and it wasnt excellent. It's my least favorite out of the Twilight series. The first book has always been my favorite. But like a bunch of other people said. It was rushed and had no real action throughout the entire book. To be honest, I hated Jacob with a passion before Breaking Dawn. But after reading it, I've begun to like Jacob. Especially when cracking jokes at Rosalie lol. It made me understand him more and what went through his head. And it's like this one review I read somewhere said, "Everything seemed to fit perfectly in place.. too perfectly." This book, like others have said, was too fanfiction.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 am
I think i'll give BD another try this weekend. But once i start feeling all "hatey" im putting it down and taking a breather.

I'm going to try and do this like a rational person. (And since i ain't a rational person this is going to be hell)  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Aradia_Dasiana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 pm
oh man! that book was wonderful! i loved every bit of it. i couldnt put it down...i was done within the week that i go it. hahahaha...so good! heart heart heart heart heart whee  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff