Reply Breaking Dawn
Volturi *Spoilers* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vivianna-a01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 pm
I was disappointed that there wasn't a fight scene.

I got so pumped up when all the witnesses arrived, and then when their talents were exposed I was guessing at all these combinations of defense they could use against the Volturi.

Plus it was super suspensful and SO sad when Bella and Edward said goodbye to Renesmee because they thought everyone was going to die.

And I wanted to see Bella fight for it, she was describing how badly she wanted to go at Alec or Jane and how furious she was, but she never got to unleash that fury.

That being said I was happy overall that there was the 'happy ending'.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 am
xXserenitys-smileXx
.Bucket.of.Joy.
It really bugs me when people say 'There was no fight! I wanted some hardcore violence!'

Because, really, there was plenty of action. It wasn't outright violence, but there was action. You have to really read the words and uncover the hidden emotions behind them to really feel the action of the moment, to really understand why there was no fight and why that was significant.

My dad once said 'A great author is one that can make you feel all the emotions.' And I fully believe this is true and that Stephenie is able to do this. Now if Stephenie just played on cheap thrills full of fights she wouldn't fall into this category. She has this incredible way of striking these emotions that are rarely felt by anyone, let alone written about.

If you really think about these words she writes about and where she places them, they hold much more emotion than on the surface.

The part with the Volturi plays on many different ones. First, there's many of these vampires, a few even strangers, that decide they will stand up to the impossible. They will fight with the innocent Cullens even though they know it's a lost cause. And then there's the fact that the Volturi are just power thirsty, willing to abuse the trust placed in them to acquire what they want. They end up getting completely exposed as being what the Romanians claim they are, Italian Scum. It also shows them as being complete cowards, lost when their guard is rendered useless.

Now, read it again and try to find these hidden emotions that make up the real conference with the Volturi. It's much more than just a discussion, it exposes the Volturi and also reveals Siobhan's talent as being something more than natural.

Action doesn't always mean violence.

I don't mean to sound bitchy, but i find that incredibly offensive. I am fully aware that an author has to captivate their audience, and one such way is trying to make that said audience "feel" what is happening.

I bet many people who wanted a fight are thinking along the same lines as me when i say that Bella got off to easy. See the fight scene to me was to show how Bella is willing to work for what she has now, push herself to the limit if you will. But nothing came. She miraculously was able to control her gift at the last minute, the bad people answer her silent wish of leaving and they all live happily ever after. So this is my reason for being disappointed in the abscence of a fight scene, it's not because i wanted blood and guts, i wanted to see how far Bella would go now.

And another thing, we know Stephenie Meyer is a great author (That's why we're in this guild). So don't you dare belittle us and say we only want "Stephenie Meyer to write cheap thrills".
Also don't say that dedicated fans, don't understand the situation for both the Cullens and their Witnesses. We are fully aware of what was going on at the time, we know how frightenned the Cullens must've been and we know what was on the line. So please don't try and insult our intelligence by saying we didn't grasp the enormity of the situation.

I really hope you can see a little bit of what i'm trying to say. And i apologize if i sounded hurtful.

I wasn't trying to insult your intellegence, I was supporting my statments with evidence. There's not point in writing anything if you have nothing to back it up.

I know everyone here thinks Stephenie is a great writer, I'm not stupid. Why would anone join a guild about an author they hate? I'm glad you think so highly of me.

I really don't know why you took my words so offensive, that was not my intention. I was simply expressing my opinion with as much detail as possible. That's the way I write. I will rarely state my opinion without giving any eveidence as to why I feel that way. I give as many details as possible so people can better see it my way (and if you look at previous posts I've made you'll notice they're almost always on the lengthy side).

So please don't think I was trying to insult you in any way. I was not trying to make myself seem superior to you, I was not trying to belittle you, I was not trying to offend you, I was not trying to make you sound stupid. I was stating my opinion, and the reasons why I feel that way. And I'm sorry if you took my words that way.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 am
i think that it was sm way of showing the volturi that they arent going to be able to take advantage of every1 anymore
yes every1 was expecting a fight but the volturi still learned somewhat of a lesson i suppose  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm
still i kinda wanted a fight not something like a lecture stare  

cookwii

Hilarious Elder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gaian 50

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:19 pm
Awww c'mon guys. Don't try to make up for lack of fight in the book by doing it here. Besides... if you guys didn't like the whole 'no fight' thing, think of the packs and the romanian vampires. rofl They wanted the action just as much, if not more than everyone here does.

cool I think the volturi wallowing in the new knowledge that there is now a force stronger than hey is more of a punishment than beating them to a pulp... though i would have loved to see little Jane burn... twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm
There was mental action. I do agree with that, but it wasn't that very exciting to read a "Battle of the Lectures", I dare to say. The physical fighting action, to what I believe, is what makes readers excited because of all the physical action taking place. Who will live? Who will die? Who will flee the battle? In a way it was an utter bore to read lectures on and on. Don't get me wrong, they were good and had made an impact, but it was just talking. Physical action within the Volturi's arrival would have been more exciting, I believe, for the readers. (especially myself; action book are a plus for me) I also didn't understand why Stephenie would not put much physical action into her "Grand Finale" like the other books had. The closest thing to physical action in the book was Bella chopping the stone/cinder block.  

La Beaute

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces