Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
GameSpot:Wii 2? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:19 am
I think it's too early for a new Wii too come out. They're already making tons of money selling games like Brawl and Rock Band, so why would they stop?
And I agree with Jon. It won't be as good as the XBox360 or PS3.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 am
If this comes out anytime soon, I'm officially done with Nintendo.  

Kassadin

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:14 pm
Well,actually,I found something at GameSpot that said that the new next-gen consoles won't come out till 2012.Here's a link  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:19 pm
Michael RD
Well,actually,I found something at GameSpot that said that the new next-gen consoles won't come out till 2012.Here's a link

We'll all be dead before then.  

Jonnnn

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:16 pm
Jonnnn
Michael RD

We'll all be dead before then.

Yeah, the calendar ends the year 2012 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:45 pm
Not mine. I set mine to end 2000. It restarted after that.  

Shigeru the Hero

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:56 pm
well hey,at least this'll compensate for any flaws that are in the upcoming Sonic,Guitar Hero and Rock Band games,right?Maybe this time,Nintendo will think about what that Rock Band dude said to them about the Wii not having a hard drive or somethin like that.If there really is gonna be another Wii,it should have a bigger hard drive and voice chat and downloadable game demos  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:22 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Nintendo was already planning for a Wii 2 the day the wii launched. Same goes for microsoft/sony with their consoles.

This. It's a no duh that when the hardware team was done with the Wii they moved on to ideas for the next console. After a vacation, of course.

And while Nintendo might be making consoles that print money, if they don't get their next console, in all of it's more than likely new and innovative ways to play games (See: more casual money), they won't get the wallets of the casuals. I know that Sony/Microsoft are going to try and get more casual gamers to play their next systems, no matter what. There's just too much money there that they can't pass up. But, hopefully they'll get it right like Ubi and actually keep separate core and casual games; not this bullshit that Nintendo is pulling by hoping casuals play their core franchises.

A hope of mine is that this happens, and Nintendo figures out how to separate casual and core games. And with another added bonus, they'll come out with a new franchise for core gamers! 'Course that's right up next to the localization of Mother 3 here on my list of fantasies.

10volt

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:49 am
nitnit
? Brawl's a 2-D fighting game, it's pretty easy to have great graphics for that. the wii is only marginally better than the GCN...

If you're referring to power I'd have to dissagree. The lowest estimate for its cpu performance is 738 MHz, still almost 50% higher than Gamcube's, and other estimates say it goes all the way up to 1.2 GHz, still nowhere close to the PS3 and Xbox360 but still well beyond last gen offerings. Still, the official numbers were never released so the best that can be done is figure based on rumors and visible game performance.

It is easier to get great graphics for a 2d game, however a similar game on gamcube, smash bros. melee, still does not seem to be at the same level as brawl. Super Mario Galaxy, on the other hand, was a 3d game with vectored gravity, and on top of that still has good graphics.

The point of these examples is to show that the term "marginally better" may be actually inaccurate when comparing Wii to GCN. I will agree that Nintendo could have made it much more powerful than it is, and it your description could be accurate from an exponential approach. It seems that most of Nintendo's research resources went to the controller and mass production.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:55 am
Michael RD

im happy someone pointed that before i had the chance too or else i would of went on a rant about technology and how the console cycle is gonna change xD

well... i say nintendo needs a new console. at least just a Wii 2.0 with HD graphics. Sony doesnt need a new damn console til 2018. i mean all that power in that black george foreman grill is pretty crazy. they havent even touched their potential with their machine yet. As for Microsoft and my pride and joy cosole... i say we get a semi new cosole this fall!!! brand new interface and more stuff on Live this fall update?!?! OMG NERDY ORGASM IN THE PANTS!!! ninja

and the whole Brawl thing about easy graphics and what not, well i dont think thats true. My gf had to send her wii back to nintendo to get a update on the driver and stuff cause it couldnt read the disk. she was one of the lucky ones who beat 1000s of ppl to get her hands on the newest nintendo product.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 pm
Tr0n714
Michael RD

im happy someone pointed that before i had the chance too or else i would of went on a rant about technology and how the console cycle is gonna change xD

well... i say nintendo needs a new console. at least just a Wii 2.0 with HD graphics. Sony doesnt need a new damn console til 2018. i mean all that power in that black george foreman grill is pretty crazy. they havent even touched their potential with their machine yet. As for Microsoft and my pride and joy cosole... i say we get a semi new cosole this fall!!! brand new interface and more stuff on Live this fall update?!?! OMG NERDY ORGASM IN THE PANTS!!! ninja

and the whole Brawl thing about easy graphics and what not, well i dont think thats true. My gf had to send her wii back to nintendo to get a update on the driver and stuff cause it couldnt read the disk. she was one of the lucky ones who beat 1000s of ppl to get her hands on the newest nintendo product.

The same thing happened to MY Wii,too!I got mine back in 3 days and it worked and still works perfectly(though I did get a error message a week ago while I was playing Brawl but my Wii is still working and so is Brawl)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 pm
If what you say about nintendo upgrading your "gf"'s Wii graphics drivers, is true, then they should make that a free patch...  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:57 am
it was free, shipping and everything. xD if they didnt she would be dissapointed in her favorite company.
i kinda want to see that a hard drive for the wii and a better online network. just do away with the friend codes is all i ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:56 am
Uhh the wii has a harddrive...  

nitnit
Captain

Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items