Reply The Main Page
Monk vs Psych: which is better? (discussion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pitterus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:58 am
Hmm... although I like Psych, I have to say my favorite is Monk. I think Monk is funnier and I enjoy it more.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:05 am
Psych.

I started watching it when I was in the hospital, USA had it on as a marathon. It made me laugh!  

Chet Nice

The Scarlet Justice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:27 pm
-dies- Oooj...tssk....that's a hard one. D: I know Monk's been around longer, obviously, and I've gotten used it it more but still. The main characters are both funny and quirky in their own way, and that's what makes their shows so different from each other, and from any other show out there.

Monk's funny, but their approach is less goofy, due to the fact that it is usually based on Adrian Monk's little OCD antics. With Psyched, Shawn says a lot of junk sometimes in my opinion, that I sometimes can't laugh at. They both have separate ways of solving a crime, though I have to admit both are incredibly observant. Monk through his OCD, and Shawn through his gift as a 'psychic'. XD I can take Monk more seriously, and I believe his way of debunking is more intriguing than Shawn's, though Shawn's cases are mroe wide spread than Mr.Monk.

So when it comes down to it, I'm going for team Monk. What can I say? I love neurotic men who contradict their name. biggrin (Get it? Cause Monks are supposed to be all relaxed, HAH! -shot-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:38 am
While I do sympathize with Monk, and the series is quite enjoyable, I can't help but lean towards Psych. I love its lighthearted approach to everything, (including... MURRRDER?) and how Shawn doesn't really take anything seriously.

I also like how he's really not anything special. If it wasn't for his dad training him from childhood, he'd probably not have any of the skills he has now.

It gives a bit of an "everyman" sense. I mean, I do like how Adrian isn't just a list of traits, but instead a guy whose attention to detail allows him to solve cases, but also causes him great discomfort... which apparently increased when his wife died... but I feel Shawn's a bit more accessible, y'know? A bit of an a**, but you can still root for him and enjoy the ride. The kind of guy you wouldn't mind hanging out with. xd  

Xiam

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm
Psych by a long shot...(i've never seen monk, but i heard it kind of lost it's touch...so idk)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:31 pm
i think many people say that monk lost its touch becauase they had only wacthed what 2 eppisodes out of a 100. Monk has not lost it touched it has simply showed him progress. The cases are more difficult to solv and less obvios you ask me i think it has made the show better. I missed doctor kroger but finding a new sichiatrist was better that replacing Stanley Kamel (charls kroger) with a guy who looked like him. Stanley had past away in april im sure you all know that.  

Peyton moore

mbaila7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:55 pm
Monk reminds me of myself(I am so OCDed!),but Psych makes me laugh more.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:13 am
I've been liking Psych better for a bit now as well, it is funnier, and kind of absurd (which is why it works)

Shawn is so goofy, so in it for the fun. He doesn't care, while Monk... he kind a cares too much. And some of his neroses, while funny, get almost painful to watch. They're leaning too much on them lately.  

Dante Alicheery

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:46 pm
I've seen a few more episodes of Psych, and it seems to have the potential to become a really heart-wrenching show. When I saw the Daredevil episode, it was kind of a slap in the face. You'd never really expect anything that emotionally powerful coming from Shawns lips. But it did. So, right now it's light-hearted, but somehow it feels like it's suddenly going to become much more dark then what it is right now, even more so then Monk. Right now, I'm really interested where the shows going, so I'm going to have to say I'm leaning torwards Psych, because I haven't seen much from these new Monk seasons that really wows me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:10 pm
I think i could live to like Psych.
But don't you ever think that Psych is advertising stors and websites like ebay and the home depot right.
When shawn said spell banana to the speller it was so funny. LOL
It really sucked when in the spelling bee a long time ago when shawn was liitle he gave his friend the wrong answer. But in the end shawn said he did it for a good reason.
wink  

wenqin123

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 am
wenqin123
I think i could live to like Psych.
But don't you ever think that Psych is advertising stors and websites like ebay and the home depot right.
When shawn said spell banana to the speller it was so funny. LOL
It really sucked when in the spelling bee a long time ago when shawn was liitle he gave his friend the wrong answer. But in the end shawn said he did it for a good reason.
wink
And I think it was quite a good reason. High School is relentless. Then again, most people there are doing drugs, so they probably don't notice anyone but other druggies...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:08 pm
I think Pysch is the better show. It's more entertaining. Sometimes (not a lot! just once in a while) in Monk or one or two of the other characters gets on my nerves.....
Psych, I love basically all the characters (esecially Gus, cuz he's so cool). Plus it's funny, and I make a point of trying to see as many episodes I can. (My house doesn't have cable, so i rely on other's televisions and the internet for my Psych fix...)

Monk I like.
Psych I love.
heart  

LadyMarcy

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Onii-chan Wijo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 pm

I was introduced to "Monk" a few years back, but I'd have to say that "Psych" has got me more interested.
Granted, they're both awesomely hilarious.

This might sound silly, but one of my "Required" in a dream girl/guy is to enjoy the show, "Psych".

See? Silly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 am
Neither.

Michael Westen would own them both. ninja  

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:43 pm
lolwut.

Anyone notice how Shawn has great hair? I think that makes Psych the better show. Great hair makes everything better.

EVERYTHING.  
The Main Page

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces