Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
raise your hand if you didn't like Breaking Dawn. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breaking Dawn?
  I loved it.
  hated it.
View Results

circus_freakshow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 pm
xXserenitys-smileXx
Such a waste, i wonder if Aro was here, would he agree with me?

I love Stephenie Meyer, i love her plots and her imagination and most of the time her use of metaphors.

But this ... this thing you call Breaking Dawn? Pahhh! EVERYTHING WAS TO FREAKING EASY!
And it was easy to see where the book was going, afterall why SM introduce the babeh vamps that crush villges because they're forever stuck in they're terrible twos so late in the series!
Of course i wanted Jake to imprint, but not on this hybrid thing!

Hell, the closest we came to a fight in this story was Bella beating on the rock!
Oh and do not get me started on the Volturi, how many are in the guard may i ask you? How many have abilities? WHAT WAS THE RATIO???? And yet they go back to Italy swishing their cloaks between their legs!
Oh and of course Bella controls her gift at the last moment, how could we not see it coming? And do not get me started on how she couldn't shield Edward from Tanya's zaps but seconds later could do it for the Loch Ness Monster....

There's more i can happily talk about but i still have to finish a website for Homework.

Ciao!

LMFAO!!! Thank you xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Alright, is it just me or did anyone else want Bella to die after the first 2 sentences of Breaking Dawn? I'm so tired of hearing bella complain, she is so self centered. I was so happy when I got to the Jacob part. He was our only hope for sanity. Jacob actually makes sense. I think it's because I think a lot like Jacob, he gets all my thoughts into the book. In short Jacob is my spokesperson when it comes to the twilight saga. I hate Bella! rolleyes  

Mrs_NickJonas288

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:54 pm
circus_freakshow
xXserenitys-smileXx

I love Stephenie Meyer, i love her plots and her imagination and most of the time her use of metaphors.

But this ... this thing you call Breaking Dawn? Pahhh! EVERYTHING WAS TO FREAKING EASY!
And it was easy to see where the book was going, afterall why SM introduce the babeh vamps that crush villges because they're forever stuck in they're terrible twos so late in the series!

Hell, the closest we came to a fight in this story was Bella beating on the rock!
Oh and do not get me started on the Volturi, how many are in the guard may i ask you? How many have abilities? WHAT WAS THE RATIO???? And yet they go back to Italy swishing their cloaks between their legs!
Oh and of course Bella controls her gift at the last moment, how could we not see it coming? And do not get me started on how she couldn't shield Edward from Tanya's zaps but seconds later could do it for the Loch Ness Monster....

There's more i can happily talk about but i still have to finish a website for Homework.

Ciao!

LMFAO!!! Thank you xd

lol Nicee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:03 am
La Beaute
circus_freakshow
xXserenitys-smileXx

Ciao!

LMFAO!!! Thank you xd

lol Nicee

Thanks for finding my rants funny =)  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:43 am
OH. MY. GOD. It had practically no storyline at all. It. Was. Boring. No battle. No real conflict. Nothing. Just tons of vampires standing in a place ogling a little child like they had no life at all (which, really, they dont...) I kept hoping that the Volturi would break out and start a battle to get some death and suspense in there, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED! Just some little tense conversation. I about died of boredom. I'm glad I only checked the book out and didn't buy it.

I'm not saying I absolutely hated it. It wasn't THAT bad. I kind of feel bad for SM with everybody knocking it, but the truth is it could have been alot better.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:55 am
it was so different and smashed together..i still like it tho
its just gonna take some time to get used to
however it defiantly could have been spread out a little into atleast another book.....
hmmm maybe she only had a 4 book deal for this series because otherwise it doesnt make sense to cram all that in  

LexiLu Latte

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:02 pm
I didn't hate it, but I do agree with you guys on some parts.

Such as...the other three novels were practical with a little twist. (Like...normal life, with a hint of vampire/werewolf)

Then, after so many time Stephenie said Vampire's didn't have bodily fluids (only venom..and whatnot) Bella gets pregnant? Haha. I found that very unpractical.

And I felt it was rushed too. With all the things that had happened, I think it should have been about a 1000 paged book.

But other than that I felt it was good. I even knew half of what was going to happen because of a spoiler I came across accidentally. But reading the book definately made it better then just reading the spoilers..which is a good thing.
:]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:56 pm
here's my honest opionin:

BREAKING DAWN WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER THREE. VERY DIFFERENT. Before it was released and we were expecting her to change, I didn't really want that to happen. Bella was Bella for being her own clumsy self. She was the vulnerable one who always stuck up to save everyone else even though they may be physically stronger than her. I gotta say, the book disappointed me in a lot of ways. The events went down too fast and everything was cramed. It took me a while to finish the story, cuz the beginning was VERY draggy for me. In New Moon, when I first read it, it took me a while too. I couldn't read something without Edward in there, it was just too boring. But in all, I think New Moon had become my favorite, just because it's extremely sad. Now back to Breaking Dawn, well, I honestly DON'T like the BELLA parts. I LOVED the Jacob part. I'll tell you now, I was NOOOO fan of Jacob. NOT at all. I really really really hated him in the other books cuz he seemed to always took advantage of Bella's love for him and Edward's easy-going attitude about their relationship. But this book had TOTALLY changed my mind. TOTALLY. Now I know EXACTLY how he feels and I just LOVE it. Although I know that New Moon was a lot sadder, I'll admit now that Breaking Dawn made me cry HELLA. HELLA. And none of that was in Bella's parts, just Jacob. I was very very surprised. I mean "I thought I hated Jacob. Now I feel sorry for him?" Yea well, I liked the book in all. It was crammed and rushed and I HATED it for that. I missed the human Bella who was always sooo thoughtful. But this time I viewed her like a hero-wanna-be just cuz she's now changed. Edward is SUCH a puppy-dog, SPOILING Bella WAYY too much. AND WHAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THAT HE FRICKING OFFERED JACOB A CHANCE TO YOU KNOW WHAT WITH HER!! HELLA PISSED ME OFF! Idk. But anyway, I liked the story because I love their new family. It's so perfect you know? and I like GARRETT's SPEECH. It VERY moving and he was able to express in words what the Cullens were going through. Jacob totally made me love the book. TOTALLY. And you gotta admit, Seth and Leah are HILARIOUS. And I'm really proud of all three of them for going again Sam and his "alphaness". Very proud. THEY are the true heros to me you know? I have a totally new view of the werewolves now and I see that as a gain. When a frickin book, words of paper, can make me cry, ITS GOOD. That's all I gotta say.  

Meiko-san Akizuki

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:17 pm
Meiko-san Akizuki

BREAKING DAWN WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER THREE. VERY DIFFERENT. Before it was released and we were expecting her to change, I didn't really want that to happen. Bella was Bella for being her own clumsy self. She was the vulnerable one who always stuck up to save everyone else even though they may be physically stronger than her. I gotta say, the book disappointed me in a lot of ways. The events went down too fast and everything was cramed. It took me a while to finish the story, cuz the beginning was VERY draggy for me. In New Moon, when I first read it, it took me a while too. I couldn't read something without Edward in there, it was just too boring. But in all, I think New Moon had become my favorite, just because it's extremely sad. Now back to Breaking Dawn, well, I honestly DON'T like the BELLA parts. I LOVED the Jacob part. I'll tell you now, I was NOOOO fan of Jacob. NOT at all. I really really really hated him in the other books cuz he seemed to always took advantage of Bella's love for him and Edward's easy-going attitude about their relationship. But this book had TOTALLY changed my mind. TOTALLY. Now I know EXACTLY how he feels and I just LOVE it. Although I know that New Moon was a lot sadder, I'll admit now that Breaking Dawn made me cry HELLA. HELLA. And none of that was in Bella's parts, just Jacob. I was very very surprised. I mean "I thought I hated Jacob. Now I feel sorry for him?" Yea well, I liked the book in all. It was crammed and rushed and I HATED it for that. I missed the human Bella who was always sooo thoughtful. But this time I viewed her like a hero-wanna-be just cuz she's now changed. Edward is SUCH a puppy-dog, SPOILING Bella WAYY too much. AND WHAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THAT HE FRICKING OFFERED JACOB A CHANCE TO YOU KNOW WHAT WITH HER!! HELLA PISSED ME OFF! Idk. But anyway, I liked the story because I love their new family. It's so perfect you know? and I like GARRETT's SPEECH. It VERY moving and he was able to express in words what the Cullens were going through. Jacob totally made me love the book. TOTALLY. And you gotta admit, Seth and Leah are HILARIOUS. And I'm really proud of all three of them for going again Sam and his "alphaness". Very proud. THEY are the true heros to me you know? I have a totally new view of the werewolves now and I see that as a gain. When a frickin book, words of paper, can make me cry, ITS GOOD. That's all I gotta say.
-clap clap-
Yes. I agree. 3nodding

New Moon is my favorite also!!! people always say that it's soooo depressing. But people don't get that pain and suffering for your loved one is what really proves how much they love you. New Moon moved me the most, just because how sad it was, for both Bella and edward.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:55 pm
I liked it a lot.
But I have to admit it had some unnessecary points.

I read this fanfic where Bella and Edward(edward gave up his vampire powers somehow) had a kid and named her Emma and Jacob imprinted on her, and that story was better than Breaking Dawn. Well, at least in the imprinting part of the story.
And why did Bella get so mad at Jacob?? I was so confused at that part...  

bopeebo

Mewling Kitten

Nevaeh_BD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:42 pm
i didnt like it at all. she made edward seem insanly bipolar and stuff it did have some good parts but most of it wasnt so good  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:47 pm
Kittycharm
Meiko-san Akizuki

-clap clap-
Yes. I agree. 3nodding

New Moon is my favorite also!!! people always say that it's soooo depressing. But people don't get that pain and suffering for your loved one is what really proves how much they love you. New Moon moved me the most, just because how sad it was, for both Bella and edward.

My favourite book is Eclipse because of all the character dynamics.
But my second favourite book, New Moon, is just barely second. I love it because of all of the emotion.  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm
It was a disspointment actually I have to admit.
But I won't say I HATE it.
But as you said, if the story was a little slower, something like Twilight, it would be a better story to read.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 am
Did anyone else think that Leah deserved a break? Her and Jacob seemed to really connect on the whole love issue... they both knew what it was like to completely love someone who loved you but was pulled away by a more powerful love. I didn't hate the book really at all, but little things like that made me kind of sad.

Would have liked a big Volturi battle, too. Feel slightly cheated there. sad  

Cassification

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 pm
I was horrified with how the series ended. It crushed all of my expectations.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff