Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Morning Stroll Gone Wrong [Kitisho/Ngao/Ukweli] FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm
Ngao knew this wasn't a battle she could win. And unlike Kitisho she didn't fight for pleasure. This battle, this confrontation...it was because she was protecting those she loved. She was doing her duty, doing the job she'd gladly give her life for. But she wasn't stupid. She still had too much to do. Kitisho wasn't her true opponant...that she suspected. If she died now, the others would be left without a protector. She couldn't have that. It was time to end this.

His impatience was in fact his mistake. She was injured, she was tried, but she wasn't done yet. As he nudged her she suddenly lashed out like a viper, her claws slicing at his face. Blind him...that was all she was thinking. It was time she made a swift exit and judging by how he fought he wouldn't let her get away so easily.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 am
He realized his folly too late to back out. Though he managed to duck his head away from the swipe, her claws still knicked him neatly over the brow before he could back away. For a moment he did think she'd managed to take out his eyes, a burning afflicting them even greater than that of the sun. It wouldn't occur to him until later that he had been momentarily blinded by his own blood. He cried out in anguish and outrage despite himself, dancing back a moment before he seemed to realize it.

His code had snapped itself and made an exception and he struck out for her blindly, roughly, beating down earth and rocks. There were not curses appropriate enough for her and so he merely snarled and snapped at the air in which he thought he left her. He'd find her, he'd kill her!

Bloody Anubis

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:24 am
Ngao dodged his blind swipes desperately, knowing that if she was hit she'd be dead. She stumbled a few times in her manuvers, opening some of her wounds larger and battering already forming bruises, but avoiding his attacks. This was her chance...he was blinded, he was wild!

Saving her annoyance or shame at fleeing for later she pushed herself up again and, while her leg was still resisting it's damages, she darted away into the brush. She focused only on running, pumping her sore muscles and tired heart. She had to get away before Kitisho gained his sight back...and she only hoped it had been enough time for Ukweli.

Hofu flew at her side for a great distance, his worry and fear for her safty obvious. He only left her when he was sure she had ran far enough...far enough to be out of danger. Then he was off, flying low to the ground while dodging brambles and rocks. He was off to find Ukweli. He had to tell the seer what had happened and, of course, ensure he was alright.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 am
Where was she? Where was she?! He keened his ears, slowing his blind attacks in a mere attempt to try to find her while angrily licking the dribble of his own blood from his maw. Only then did he realize her steps were fading, signs of retreat. He stumbled blindly after her, roaring, bellowing her name. He was not finished, this was not over! And it lasted that way even moments after he could hear her no more, and her scent had disappeared from the winds. Yet another had escaped him.

Ulinzi banked overhead, hesitant for the first time in a while. Kitisho had not shown him this sort of passion and rage since they were first getting acquainted. Though he rather harbored the secret that he thought the lion liked him, he wasn't sure the lion wouldn't strike him out of anger. "She's gone, Kitisho."

The erruption of a snarl commanded Ulinzi lead him, but the martial eagle merely clacked his beak. "Wipe the blood out of your eyes. It's over." And it was. After he'd paced a moment and finally sat to rub his eyes with a paw, Ulinzi's words sunk into his thick skull and echoed nothing but truth. The blood still dripped down his nose and around his brow, but for the most part he had removed the worst of it from his eyes. As he blinked into terrain, everything seemed vaguely rose-tinted, but at least he could see again. He began to walk, then rolled into a steady trot, faced in the direction of the pride's outskirts.

Things had gone rather badly, he thought. First he had failed to kill Ukweli due to Ngao's intervention, and then he had failed to take out the Captain of the guards as well. Both of them would pay witness to his betrayl- there was no way he could return to the pride's lands now. So be it. More importantly, there would be Msiba and Mchawi to deal with. He would offer them no excuses. How angry would they be?

His wounds played no part in his worries. They were a drop in the ocean, some that might turn into more badges of his personal obsession. How would the fight have turned out if she had stayed? He didn't know. There would be a lot to think about while it was just he and Ulinzi on the outskirts of the pride, watching, waiting for the time when he would be called upon again. For all their potential anger at him, he knew the siblings would still have a use for him in their ploys. They always did. And when they time came, he imagined he'd come across Ngao again, assuming the injuries she had already didn't kill her. She wouldn't escape him in the end.

Bloody Anubis

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:29 pm
Truthfully, Ukweli had not gone too far. The first reason was because he had felt so guilty about leaving his companion, and the second was because his legs could only carry him so far before they gave out. He was far too old be surprise attacked while he was out on a morning walk. Not only was the adrenaline rush bad for his heart, it also made him move a lot quicker than he normally would. Thus, the old lion lay semi-camouflaged in the tall grass, waiting for the trembles in his legs to cease. He was supposed to be out for a morning stroll, not out fleeing from a massive attack lion. You would think someone was out to get him. Ukweli squirmed inwardly at the thought, not liking it one bit. How could the peaceful, loving pride turn into a place where everyone had to watch their backs?

"Viza, how does it look up there?"

He needed to do something to take his mind off the distressing thoughts. Ukweli didn't have time to worry about his own safety. He had to think about the safety of the Captain. Was Ngao alright? Was she even alive? Did she manage to beat Kitisho or did she run like him? If so, was she being chased? Viza simply shrugged at her companion, unwilling to take her eyes away from the grass around them. After having a lion jump at her, the lanner falcon was now extremely alert. Nothing would get past her a second time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Hofu was relieved when he finally saw Ukweli and Viza. It had taken him a while; flying low and at an angle didn't offer the best view and, being a bird, his nose was practically dead and useless in comparison. He rose a little in altitude when the two were in range, coming up in a few feet, and beat his great wings back to slow him down and hopefully make him visable to them over the grass.

"Ukweli!" He cried out. He was a bird of few words, so when he had message or any information he hoped the others listened, "How well did you fair? Ngao had a violent tussle with Kitisho! She is stratched up pretty bad, but I'm sure she will live. But what of you? That Kitisho wanted you!"

Ary Keeyara

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:48 pm
Viza's feathers fluffed when she spotted a bird in the sky, fearing for a moment that it was Kitisho's familiar come to track them down. She was incredibly relieved when she recognized that it was Hofu, and called down to her resting companion. "Ukweli! Hofu is here!" The lanner falcon began scanning the grass for signs of Ngao, however when she found none she frowned. Had the battle gone horribly wrong? Or was Hofu just relaying a message for his companion?

Ukweli was on his feet the moment Viza alerted him to Hofu's presence, eyes focused solely on the bird when he came into sight. Ngao was alright? Injured, he could deal with. He had feared she would die in that fight, and it was an incredible relief to know that she was still among the living. "I am glad that she is still alive, though I am sorry she had to be injured for my sake. Thank you for coming to tell me that, Hofu." The old lion inclined his head to the bird, before turning his attention to the questions. "I am fine. He did not so much as ruffle my fur. I made my escape before any harm could befall me. Can you pass on my utmost thanks to Ngao? Without her I would not be alive."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 pm
"Of course," Hofu was quick to agree. He would pass the message along to Ngao. That, after all, was a simple task. He landed briefly, catching his barings and taking a moment to rest his quick avian heart. But he did not turn his attention from Ukweli, not just yet.

"I'm sure she will be out to visit you sometime soon," Hofu added of his own accord, which wasn't common practice, "There is much to discuss." Something had to be done...he had never seen the land in such turmoil.

But soon he was beating his wings and catching the current again. He needed to get back to Ngao. "We shall see you soon," he assured before leaping off and letting the low air drafts carry him close to the ground again. Ngao was still in a bit of a fix...there was no way he was going to leave her alone.

Ary Keeyara

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 pm
Ukweli nodded at Hofu's words. "Of course. I would expect her to come to see me soon. Tell her not to rush, though. I do not wish for her to hurt herself further." With Nyonda already injured, not to mention Elea out of commission, the pride's numbers were starting to dwindle. If Kitisho's attack was the merely the first of many to try and take out those holding the supports of the pride, Ukweli knew it was only a matter of time before someone was killed. It was a horrible thought, and he quickly shook his head. He would see if anybody was going to die and he would make sure they did not. He had to trust in his abilities.

"Take care, Hofu." The old lion watched was the bird flew away, before turning his eyes to his companion. "Come, Viza. We must go and speak with Nyonda. She needs to be aware of this new threat." The lanner falcon nodded, and flew down to land on his back. Ukweli hauled himself to his feet and set off in the direction of Nyonda's den. He had much to tell her.

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff