Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
When have you used walkthroughs/cheats? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 pm
the final boss wasn't that hard. the three headed dragon from lost age was tougher. the fusion dragon was easy as hell to beat. the thing about lost age was that there was tons more bosses. including bosses to get some more summons.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 pm
the walkthrough that I used for OoT said that bongo bongo was the hardest boss in the game...
and he took me less than 30 seconds XD  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

JunkKirby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:59 pm
nitnit
The battle went on for 9 hours?

Yes, 9 hours. I'm not even exaggerating. I started it at 10pm and finished at 7am, promptly collapsing once the credits started rolling. Thank god I had a ton of potions and such on me before I started.

ravemaster47
the final boss wasn't that hard. the three headed dragon from lost age was tougher.

That's actually the boss I'm referring to...sorry for the mix-up. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 pm
I almost always uses walkthroughs *highfive*  

Pay Per Cuts

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 pm
I rarely, if ever, use walkthroughs, because I'm just tenacious enough to scrape through all of the little tiny corners of the game until I have everything. The only time I (somewhat) frequently use them is for strategic advice for competitive play. The only time I would even consider using cheats (besides when I'm playing Battletoads) would be to use Pokesav so I don't have to take forever breeding in Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm
darkslasherX
I rarely, if ever, use walkthroughs, because I'm just tenacious enough to scrape through all of the little tiny corners of the game until I have everything.

Me too, I usually spend hours exploring... however there are some games you really do have to have a walkthrough *cough* Final Fantasy *cough*.  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Which final fantasy needs a walkthrough? o.O  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 pm
nitnit
Which final fantasy needs a walkthrough? o.O
All the FF's I've played have required a walkthrough so that you could obtain all special weapons, fight all rare monsters, obtain all summons, etc. Presumably, one does not have to use a walkthrough, but I do not fancy running around for 200+ hours "guessing" what I might have to do in order to unlock everything.  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 pm
NinjaKirby22
nitnit
The battle went on for 9 hours?

Yes, 9 hours. I'm not even exaggerating. I started it at 10pm and finished at 7am, promptly collapsing once the credits started rolling. Thank god I had a ton of potions and such on me before I started.

ravemaster47
the final boss wasn't that hard. the three headed dragon from lost age was tougher.

That's actually the boss I'm referring to...sorry for the mix-up. xp

Oh, I never got that far in lost age, since the game bored me with the boat, but if you had meant Fusion Dragon... I was going to say that you kinda suck.. (no offense =P )  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:54 pm
nitnit
Oh, I never got that far in lost age, since the game bored me with the boat, but if you had meant Fusion Dragon... I was going to say that you kinda suck.. (no offense =P )

No offense taken. No one can be great at everything, anyway. (By the way, I lost twice to the Fusion Dragon in the original Golden Sun. Got to him at too low a level. xd )  

JunkKirby

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces