Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply PC and other Platform Gaming
My impressions of "zOMG" gaia's new "mmo" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm
I think it might be funny to see it become a new medium of gold farming on gaia.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:47 pm
nitnit
I think it might be funny to see it become a new medium of gold farming on gaia.

If that is the case, I hope they actually reward skill.... with the games gaia currently have, it is far too difficult to earn gold fast, posting in forums is way more efficient! I am tired of person after person begging me for gold, like those annoying poor women in Assassin's Creed....

I was deeply disappointed in gaia pinball, you can spend so much time on it only to earn a piddley amount of gold sad  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 pm
No, it's completely luck based since you can sell the skill rings on the marketplace, people will try to farm them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm
nitnit
No, it's completely luck based since you can sell the skill rings on the marketplace, people will try to farm them.

Luck based!? That's asinine! Man, I was really hoping it was skill based.... I guess they want to make the game as broad as possible.... stare  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm
How would they involve skill? The rings are random drops or quest rewards.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm
nitnit
How would they involve skill? The rings are random drops or quest rewards.

I cannot answer that, that can only come once I play the game... this is all speculation on my part, the only ones who can truly evaluate the game at this point are the testers.... if they can get it to work!  

Undine Mystic

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:59 pm
I have heard a bit on the game from a friend that was actually able to get it to load.Basicly,it's when something weird happens at G-corp and all these appliences come to life and crap like that and you're given these rings to combat them.One ring type does some cutting move,another is like ranged and is weak and the other type is like magic.I pretty much told him it sounds like an epic fail.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:09 am
I don't know. Fighting a toaster is kinda cool.

Wild toaster appears!
You attack it! 3 damage!
Toaster uses toast!
You recover 2 HP. You are now burned!
You sustain burn damage (1)!
You attack it! 3 damage!
Toaster is defeated!
You gain 10 Exp. You picked up Bread!  

Shigeru the Hero

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:43 pm
how about give these guys soem slack eh? i mean they are working hard to satisfy you guys. p2p games arnt my thing, im not spending 200 a year for WoW. dont dis guild wars either, ive cranked many hours and im happy with it. zOMG is in beta so wait and be patient. your playing it before i do. of course there are gonna be technical issues. does BETA mean anything to anyone? i mean i can go on and on and b***h about this but im not gonna. im postive gaia isnt here trying ot make this a free gaming website with few spiffy flash games and a half a** mmo. so what if they have a few games? they arnt great but they pass time. i love playing blackjack while waiting for my gf. i love racing friends on rally and owning them. gaia is a community website where ppl get together and be who they want to be xD. just keep taht in mind next time  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 pm
In order to combat your wall of text I will address your random statements with single points.

- I'm complaining that they made me a beta tester, and are having the beta server open at RANDOM TIMES. It isn't like there's a set schedule or something, they just expect people to log on every 30 minutes and hope to get in. If they want to group us and put us on a schedule to save server resources, that's fine, but this is just dumb.

- Your argument about WoW is pretty weak. You can pay for 2 months at a time via game card, or 1 at a time with credit card. No one is forcing you to buy an entire year. That being said, if you actively play WoW for a month, you can easily log a few days of game time, I've gotten much more money's worth from WoW than almost any other game (Pokemon and Brawl would be in second and third places). Plus, if you recruit friends who end up subscribing, they will give you free months (I know people who've gotten entire years of WoW for free from this)

- Actually, no none of us here have played it. Only Jon and I have beta access and neither of us have been able to log on while a "testing period" was in progress

- I'm pretty sure that so far it is a half assed MMO. At least it's a half assed beta. The MMO is FLASH BASED. That alone sets it to have a lot of potential problems.

- Well I'm glad you like the flash games. Most of them are mediocre, and that racing one literally favors the racer with a faster internet connection (this has been proven)

- Also we know that gaia is a community website, that's a no-brainer. They need to stop focusing their resources on pointless updates (games, and evolving items that require people to buy with IRL money or a ton of gaia gold from other members), and upgrade the ******** guilds already. You probably don't know how limited the guild owner's / crews' options are.  

nitnit
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 pm
I have to agree with nit.While I don't know what managing a guild is like,I do know that gaia has ALOT they need to fix and that they're spending way too much time on trying to get new members when they aren't putting in anything that will keep old members and the new ones that join.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 pm
I like how you can still highlight text in your post and hyperlink it like normal forums in guilds. Gaia's new system forces you to type up the text again.  

Shigeru the Hero

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:30 pm
Man...Nit you are so lucky...well, you know, if it even loads.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:23 am
my bad then xD
i guess im getting tired of people bashing any company trying to develop something.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 pm
Ah, Gaia has started actually telling people when the tests are I guess, I just got a "special notice" telling me that the next test is this saturday from 11AM-1PM pacific (1PM - 4PM my time) hopefully I'll be able to check it out and let you guys know how it is.  
PC and other Platform Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff