Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 pm
Requiem6661
I hate 9mm. Too weak for my taste.

I'd buy a .357, since you can fire .38 rounds from it. (same round, different length casing)

9mm is great round when it comes to plinking, which is what SS will mostly be using it for. As far as stopping power, it all pedends on the type of ammo you use.
IIRC, the .357 and .38 switching only applies to revolvers.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:53 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Browning Hi-Power. It's been in production for almost a century now. There's a reason for that.

I've held a Glock, and I don't like it. Too top-heavy. Gives the gun more force to recoil with, and less mass for me to fight back with. The same lightweight plastic that makes it a Glock also makes it a failure in my eyes. Of course, they ARE cheap...

I've also heard great things about CZ. Star isn't half-bad, especially if you have smaller hands, but my mom's PD is finicky with ammo.

Nagant Revolvers are cheap as well, and they don't kB.
So are CZs. That is if you're a bit nostalgic and purchase a CZ-52.

However, 7.62x25 is more of a penetrating round.
Not sure about the stats on 7.62 Nagant or .32 Long or .32 auto.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu25.htm
I got the impression he was looking for something in semi.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:17 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Browning Hi-Power. It's been in production for almost a century now. There's a reason for that.

I've held a Glock, and I don't like it. Too top-heavy. Gives the gun more force to recoil with, and less mass for me to fight back with. The same lightweight plastic that makes it a Glock also makes it a failure in my eyes. Of course, they ARE cheap...

I've also heard great things about CZ. Star isn't half-bad, especially if you have smaller hands, but my mom's PD is finicky with ammo.

Nagant Revolvers are cheap as well, and they don't kB.
So are CZs. That is if you're a bit nostalgic and purchase a CZ-52.

However, 7.62x25 is more of a penetrating round.
Not sure about the stats on 7.62 Nagant or .32 Long or .32 auto.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu25.htm
I got the impression he was looking for something in semi.

Agreed, but someone brought up revolvers. I wonder who. wink

CZ-52s and Tokarevs are semi-auto. However they're not too much for stopping power they're mostly penetrating. But mind you, the CZ-52 does not have a slide release.

They do make some JHPs for it.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/37236-5.html

Ooh, check out what I found, a PDF!

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/PerCaliber2Guide/Handgun/Standarddata/30Cal(7.62mm)/7.62x25 Tokarev HG FINAL.pdf  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 pm
Freak_090
Requiem6661
I hate 9mm. Too weak for my taste.

I'd buy a .357, since you can fire .38 rounds from it. (same round, different length casing)

9mm is great round when it comes to plinking, which is what SS will mostly be using it for. As far as stopping power, it all pedends on the type of ammo you use.
IIRC, the .357 and .38 switching only applies to revolvers.
There's a reason I don't like 9mm. It flies too damn fast, and usually overpenetrates, passing through without doing any significant damage, unless it's to a vital organ. I like .45 caliber better, because it flies slower, and as such, slows down when it enters the body, releasing it's kinetic energy into the surrounding tissue and leaving a big hole in them.

And I know about the .357/.38 transfer. Wish it worked with semi-autos, though.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas