Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
Is anyone else slightly pissed @ stephanie? *spoilers* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mad @ stephanie?
  HELL YES!
  yes
  kinda sorta....but she wrote twilight how could we be mad @ her?(trust me we can!lolz)
  no, i find this insulting! u ppl arent realmy twilight fans!( i will come and hurt u in ur sleep if u pick this!!! lolz JK)
View Results

Persephone Waker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:08 pm
celestialheiress
it was so gay...seriously...it made no sense at all, it was all so 'fairytale...fanfiction...vomit' horrible.

I loved all the others, but it was soo ridiculous... vampires cant have children... if bella would have just stayed human or even turned and not had a kid and jacob would have fell in love with leah or... imprinted on that girl at the part or something THAT would have been a better story...why stephenie...why...

Vampires can't have children with other vampires. Jacob couldn't have imprinted on Leah then he wouldn't have fallen in love with Bella.

I liked the book. It answered all my questions and made everything end happily. Though I have to agree if was a little "fairytale-ish". I didn't like the last chapter where they were just peaceful in the cabin, I was hoping for something more. But I still liked the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 am
Im sort of mad  

hkkpfwg96

la Pookiee

6,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:56 pm
I totally agree.
I felt that the book just went on and on..
There was practically only three main events.

Bella's honeymoon.
Bella being pregnant and then the birth, and her as a vampire.
Then the Volturi..

It was based around those three.
I was deinfinitely dissapointed..  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:27 pm
[ ♥ ]
Just dance, gonna be okay Just dance, spin that record babe

For me BD had it's ups and downs, like one part I thought was ridiculous was how she named her daughter Renesmee Carlie Cullen. .but that is just my opinion. I liked how it shared Jacob's POV because before I absolutely hated him, but no he is like one of my fav characters. Also, I agree it left no questions to be answered. . and at least we know they didn't use a condom xD

Just dance, gonna be okay Dance, dance, dance, just ju-ju-just dance
[ ♥ ]

strawberry monochrome

Lunanymph59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:06 pm
bella pregnant???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! it seems like authors make characters pregnant when they can't think of anything else to write......

breaking dawn was not that great.

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A VOLTURI FIGHT SCENE AND SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE DIED TO MAKE THE BOOK ANYTHING BUT ALL HAPPINESS!

breaking dawn was why to happy. it didn't belong with the twilight series.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:09 pm
the only thing i liked about breaking dawn was that jacob imprinted on renesmee.......that was good

I heart JACOB
and i heart EDWARD

im switzeland!  

Lunanymph59

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:19 pm
I have to say I quite liked the book.

The explanation of Bella becoming pregnant is pretty obvious. >.>
I am NOT going to explain what happens to make a baby. If you don't know, look it up.

[Shrug]

They just didn't know that it was possible. Humans and Vampires just didn't often mix. Simple as that.

I do wish that a fight scene had happened, though.

I also adore how it had multiple point of views!!!! It made me happy. =)
I actually sort of want Leah's POV... >.>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:23 pm
I think that you guys should remember, for one of you that hate the book, there is like fifteen that absolutely love it. I am one of those people. Bear in mind, Stephenie had this book planned out for years, it was SUPPOSED to be the sequel to Twilight, "Forever Dawn", but she wrote two more books, and then this one. In a way, Renesmee is older than this whole fandom, and this ridiculous "haters club." I agree with Karly Unique, the book was well written, maybe it had some flaws, but so does every book.

ALSO, I just remember, if any of you care enough, check Steph Meyer's website, stepheniemeyer.com. Check the Breaking Dawn FAQ, she explains that in all the time she insisted that vampires could not have babies, she only SPECIFICALLY mentioned that FEMALE vampires could not have babies, because they could not change. SHe never said anything about males.

[/rant]  

kanangirl123

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:33 am
Venom replaces every bodily fluid and takes on that function, i.e. saliva, blood, and, most importantly, semen. So the venom would act as semen, and that is what would have gotten Bella pregnant. It's sort of common sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am
celestialheiress
it was so gay...seriously...
You = fail. "Gay" is not a replacement for "stupid".
celestialheiress
it made no sense at all, it was all so 'fairytale...fanfiction...vomit' horrible.
Right. Because vampires and werewolves aren't fantasy. rolleyes

celestialheiress
it was soo ridiculous... vampires cant have children...
You obviously are very uneducated when it comes to vampires. There are tons of myths about vampires getting humans pregnant. Ever heard of an Incubus? It's a demon or vampire that rapes an impregnates women.  

Spring and Summer

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:15 pm
I was torn by this book. I didn't mind so much that she got pregnant, but I minded that she was willing to let the baby kill her from the inside out. Yeah, she made it in the end, but I thought that was stupid. I know it was Bella through and through, but to me that was ridiculous. I didn't really like the Jacob part of the book. I'm glad he didn't die, but he wasn't one of my favorite characters from the beginning-and I was not pleased to have him imprint on Nessie, although I knew it was coming. I was thrilled when Bella became a vampire. The descriptions were really neat to read about; it might have been my favorite part. I thought the whole anticipated fight did drag on a bit, but I was so happy to have a good ending. It seems like everyone dying is always how stuff ends now. From the beginning I was worried about Romeo and Juliet ending since it was mentioned several times throughout the book, but I couldn't have been happier that everyone lived and the ending was nice. So, while there were some parts that annoyed me, for the most part I found this book just as good and exciting as the others.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 am
After reading eclipse, I anticipated Bella and Edward having a kid after getting married and I really really was excited about it. I honestly didn't think Meyer was going to even consider or imagine that plot twist though, so I didn't expect it. To me, that was a great surprise.

I do wish that there was a fight at the end so the Cullens could overtake the Volturi and rule the vampires with their new family. But I guess fighting scenes aren't exactly Meyer's style... (so why give everyone sweet powers when they don't even get to use them?!)

I loved the moment when Jakob imprinted on Renesmee. It was one of those great lightbulb moments when you could see what Meyer has been leading up to this entire time. Very well thought out.

A great ending to a great saga. smile

NamuNamu

faheygirlhey

Dangerous Genius

6,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:01 pm
I felt like Breaking Dawn was a big Pffffffffffffffffffffffft. It was really anti-climactic.
First with the werewolves wanting to kill Renesmee. It built and built with the pack dividing and the tension. Then when we finally got to the breaking point everyone decided what they had been willing to die for before was not nearly so important and suddenly the fight was off.
Bella becoming a vampire wasn't just building in Breaking Dawn, it was all three books. It would be a turning point for all of the books. THere was drama though, too. Being a vampire would have major costs. She couldn't have a child, see her family anymore, making love wouldn't be as good, and most of all she might not be herself anymore, but some monster. Oh, never mind. Just kidding. Being a vampire is awesome and nothing bad ever happens so all that doubt about her becoming one was a load of BS. Thanks.
THe Volturi was the EXACT same thing as the werewolves. I could handle being faked out once but I was pissed when Irene was the only one to be killed the entire encounter. I would have appreciated it if they had started to fight and that was when Bella discovered the extent of her gift instead of being insta-awesome the minute she turned into a vampire.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:44 am
User Image

reading all the comments is giving me mixed feelings about whether I want to buy the book or not... ok I lie, I will still get it.

I'm not sure how I will feel about Jacob imprinting on their baby... but I was expecting it after reading Eclipse and what not.
And as some have pointed out, it's probably to be expected that Bella gets pregnant.. though I rather see the focus more on her being turned and the whole marriage/ sex thing. rolleyes I love romance.

Well when I get the book I'm sure I'll have more to rant about.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

P L A Y p r e t e n d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 pm
I can absolutely say, whole heartedly, that I didn't like Breaking Dawn. And frankly, I don't care about the ratio of how many did to the fact that I didn't.

The problem was that Stephanie Meyer made me forget that this series is fantasy, pure and simple. There's really no greater meaning but for her to give the fans what she believed they wanted.

That point was lost in New Moon and Eclipse. Things became more complex and maybe she didn't realize some people saw it that way. So for those few people, Breaking Dawn was a disappointment.

I mean I've seen a lot of these things before in other fandoms (vampire conceiving, powerful groups thinking the kid's a danger, not new to me, but the mother at least died in that fandom). Maybe they skewed the image Stephanie was painting in BD in my mind. And, yes, Jacob imprinting on Nessie irked me in the worst way. And to sound entirely immature, I thought Bella's power was lame.

If this really had been the 2nd novel, I probably would've stopped reading the series. As some who's been reading fanfics for seven years, this strongly reminded me of one.

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff