Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So I took one of those online IQ tests Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm
Tr0n714
the world would be a better place

You're in the wrong field. Philosophy is over there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 pm
Kirei_chan
Tr0n714
eh, i dont really believe in IQ tests and the stupid tests online. an besides, if you ever noticed in schools. kids who are in really high classes seem to lack alot of commen sense ninja

yup. And I know a lot of really smart kids that are close to failing because they're just too lazy to do the work

Hi there.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:17 pm
Shigeru K
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Funny. I wonder if it's just coincidence that mathematics interests me most of those subjects...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:45 pm
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic
My sister is studying psychology. A proper IQ test is more comprehensive that 60 questions and must be administered by a trained professional. The data obtained from a test must be INTERPRETED by the professional. IQ tests your ability to process information, figure things out, retain info, etc. It does not test how much you know. If you have a high IQ it just means you have a higher processing power, (however some people still don't use their brains!)

Because Intelligence Quotient merely measures the mind, other "IQs" have been developed such as emotional IQ (dealing with feelings), kinethetic IQ (dealing with movement) sexual IQ (dealing with sex), and street smarts... there are more but I can't remember.

Oh, and btw, I am a nerd.

Your sisters dumb. Everything should be based on IQ and we should be grouped that way.

The president should be elected by IQ, not democracy and apathy should be rewarded to those who are smart enough. This world would be a much better place.

How does studying psychology make my sister dumb?

For going into a jobless field. Your sister will be a truck driver.

On another note, I was joking D:

I knew you were joking, I just didn't understand why studying psychology makes you dumb. There are jobs out there but they are mostly crappy and my sis knows it. (Incidently, her boyfriend studied the same subject and is bringing home a phenomenal pay cheque, working with schizo's and criminals). I too have a degree in design which I am yet to use (I am waiting for the economic boom when my kind will be welcomed D: D: )  

Undine Mystic

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 pm
Psychology=Psychologist=nice pay check  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 am
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_HC07000044.html

IMO nice (if you mean like awesome) should be over 100k.

edit: @ Mystic - http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_CM02000018.html

lolwut  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 am
Ah, I thought it would be much higher. I guess you have to have the right thing going for you to make it really "nice"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 am
That's why I intend to study finance/investing/business.

You start off at like 50k, but that increases every year (by like 10k, up to 100ish), and if you are really good:

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_salaryresults.asp?hdKeyword=chief financial advisor&rdbSearchByOption=0&hdSortBy=0&hdJobCode=FA06000031&hdJSBoolDisplayAdvertisement=true&totaljoblistnum=3&hdAjaxKeyword=chief financial advisor&hdAjaxKeywordWithOR=#chief# OR #financial# OR #advisor#&pagefrom=selectjob&hdJobCategory=EX01&hdGeoLocation=U.S. National Averages&countertype=1&hdOmniNarrowDesc=Executive and Management&hdZipCode=&hdStateMetro=&jobcounter=2&hdOmniTotalJobsFound=150&op=salswz_psr&txtKeyword=chief financial advisor&hdSearchByOption=0&hdLocationOption=0&hdViewAllRecords=0&hdJobTitle=Chief Financial Officer&hdAjaxDisplaySection1=0&hdAjaxDisplaySection2=1&hdCurrentPage=1&hdNarrowDesc=Executive and Management

Alternatively, I could just make my own company with said knowledge, and as the CEO make 500k a year...  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 am
Im thinking some sort of doctor would be pretty nice for me. But you never know, anything could happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:40 am
nitnit

You start off at like 50k, but that increases every year (by like 10k, up to 100ish), and if you are really good:

No, we already decided that you're going into biochemistry with me. Go get a reccomendation from that fat chem teacher you had.

also, psychology = psychologist = thousands of people with the same degree fighting over the one high paying job in the field.

Good luck.  

Jonnnn

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 am
Jonnnn
nitnit

No, we already decided that you're going into biochemistry with me. Go get a reccomendation from that fat chem teacher you had.

also, psychology = psychologist = thousands of idiots with the same degree fighting over the one high paying job in the field.

Good luck.
Fixed that for ya!

Seriously, I've met two psychologists, (and no, I wasn't paying to see them.) They're arrogant jackasses that couldn't open a cardboard box without someone telling them how to do it.

Anything involving the medical field is garunteed money; the same can be said for energy. Business is a cut-throat world that I'm content to leave alone; high-risk high-gain, I suppose, but a little too unstable for me and my cowardly ways.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:18 am
Tr0n714
eh, i dont really believe in IQ tests and the stupid tests online. an besides, if you ever noticed in schools. kids who are in really high classes seem to lack alot of commen sense ninja

Hey don't make fun of me...

True statement though.  

Muleferdan

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:22 am
Tr0n714
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic
My sister is studying psychology. A proper IQ test is more comprehensive that 60 questions and must be administered by a trained professional. The data obtained from a test must be INTERPRETED by the professional. IQ tests your ability to process information, figure things out, retain info, etc. It does not test how much you know. If you have a high IQ it just means you have a higher processing power, (however some people still don't use their brains!)

Because Intelligence Quotient merely measures the mind, other "IQs" have been developed such as emotional IQ (dealing with feelings), kinethetic IQ (dealing with movement) sexual IQ (dealing with sex), and street smarts... there are more but I can't remember.

Oh, and btw, I am a nerd.

Your sisters dumb. Everything should be based on IQ and we should be grouped that way.

The president should be elected by IQ, not democracy and apathy should be rewarded to those who are smart enough. This world would be a much better place.

ok she just said your IQ is brain processing power. so a higher IQ just means you can figure out something faster. that doesnt mean the world would be a better place. what we really need is people to... well im stumped there lol. people are the downfall to society and this planet xD. lets leave it at taht. so as long as we have power hungry people living on this planet and people that hate one another just because. then the world wont be the idea world ppl would like to see.

Duh, it won't be because there are people in the world who point out truthful stuff like that and make us feel bad...

Which means you are helping that cause...

Thanks a lot for ruining the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 pm
Mirri the Sneak
Jonnnn
nitnit

also, psychology = psychologist = thousands of idiots with the same degree fighting over the one high paying job in the field.

Good luck.
Fixed that for ya!

Seriously, I've met two psychologists, (and no, I wasn't paying to see them.) They're arrogant jackasses that couldn't open a cardboard box without someone telling them how to do it.

Anything involving the medical field is garunteed money; the same can be said for energy. Business is a cut-throat world that I'm content to leave alone; high-risk high-gain, I suppose, but a little too unstable for me and my cowardly ways.

You're just as dumb as the psychologists you met for making such a sweeping generalization. Psychology happens to be an amazing field in terms of learning how people think and how to control them.  

nitnit
Captain

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:36 pm
nitnit
Mirri the Sneak
Jonnnn
nitnit

Good luck.
Fixed that for ya!

You're just as dumb as the psychologists you met for making such a sweeping generalization. Psychology happens to be an amazing field in terms of learning how people think and how to control them.
I'm not bashing the field, it's just easy to assume that one of the easiest licenses to obtain would, in-fact, lead to alot of idiots in said field.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff