Hot
  Not
  Wrong Team
  Gold
View Results

bopeebo

Mewling Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:44 pm
Jacob is a shapeshifter, not a werewolf, if any of you were paying attention to the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:51 am
animefan1025
Jacob is a shapeshifter, not a werewolf, if any of you were paying attention to the book.

Thank you.
Any one who calls them werewolves is an idiot, I'm sorry.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:43 am
Pubic Genital Lice
animefan1025

Thank you.

@Anime: I paid attention to the book... I know they are shapeshifters and what not...
@Pubic: Thankyou so much for calling me an idiot. But i like calling them werewolves. That is what they were called when they were introduced into the series, and that is the way i feel most comfortable with classing them. So if you don't like me calling them werewolves, just pretend i said shapeshifter (even if it is technically correct).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:26 am
LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen
If they wanted kids, Jake would have to catch Renesmee before the 7 year mark. After that, she'll be full grown and might not be able to have kids. Nahuel said he hadn't aged after the 7 year mark.

that is kinda depressing  

Emo Oompa Loompa

LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:29 pm
Emo Oompa Loompa
LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen
If they wanted kids, Jake would have to catch Renesmee before the 7 year mark. After that, she'll be full grown and might not be able to have kids. Nahuel said he hadn't aged after the 7 year mark.

that is kinda depressing

It is, but I think that's how it'll work. Nahuel seems to not have changed after he hit the 7 year mark and as discussed in the book, a female's body has to change to have kids. If her body doesn't age, she probably can't meke the changes necessary to carry a child after the 7 yr mark.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:43 pm
xXserenitys-smileXx
Pubic Genital Lice
animefan1025

Thank you.

@Anime: I paid attention to the book... I know they are shapeshifters and what not...
@Pubic: Thankyou so much for calling me an idiot. But i like calling them werewolves. That is what they were called when they were introduced into the series, and that is the way i feel most comfortable with classing them. So if you don't like me calling them werewolves, just pretend i said shapeshifter (even if it is technically correct).

You honestly didn't need to get all offended. Like what you said, you can have ignored it. :]

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:22 pm
i could see that happening

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:45 pm
LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen

but Nahuel is a man. men never change. maybe its different for nessie  

pengigirl14

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 pm
Once she reaches 7 and stops growing I think she'll be like any other female vampire and won't be able to have kids. 'Cause..well, if you can't change you can't have kids obviously. So..even if she was capable of having children when she's growing Jake would have to knock her up when she's like 5...

And PUBIC GENITAL LICE, please refrain from calling people idiots for something as trivial as saying werewolves instead of shape shifter. In the books werewolves is a perfectly acceptable term and it's the one most of us are used to. We can call them whatever we feel more comfortable using.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 pm
I'm really not sure, there are so many factors to consider!

First, vampires cannot have babies, but humans can. Theres one problem right there! BUT, She could very easily get pregnant while she was still growing. I think that is a distinct possibility.

Second, female vampires and Leah have no menstrual cycles, So first we would need to know if she even had one. No mentsrual cycle = no babies.
*** This next part is based only on theory ***
And, although it was never said in the book, i think Renesmee has 24 chromosomes, like Leah, who is menopausal. So because they (I think) have the same number of chromosomes, they would be similar in that aspect as well.

So maybe she has a cycle in the years before she is fully grown? Who knows. Not I.
But it also was hinted at that she would be able to reproduce because Jacob says they imprint on someone best fitted to carry the gene and make stringer wolves.

WAIT! New revelation!
Maybe she's like a human who just doesn't age or grow after a certain point in her life, BUT should the time come, like when carrying a baby, her body can change to accomodate this child. Like, her body does change, just only when required to do so.

Does anyone get what I'm saying? I'm not sure I really got my point across in a coherent fashion . . .

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:17 pm
First one should catagorize the traits that Renesme has that are human, vampire, and halfbreed.

Human: Skin color, eyes, ability to grow until a certian age(yes even human stop growing), some feeding habits...

Vampire: Glow of skin(those vamps sparkle), stops aging after a certina period of time, some feeding habits, super speed and strength, a special ability(the mind thingie)...

Halfbreed: Temperature, 24 chromosome pairs, super speed and strength can go here too...

With all of this said we also need to see what a shapeshifter can't take it... the vampire venom, it's their poison, but Renesme doesn't have that(either a 50% chance of getting at birth or it's decided by gender, I would think gender...)

Then there's always the issue of some halfbreeds(in animal cases) that can't reproduce because they are indeed halfbreeds) mules, ligers, etc.

Though, all in all, I think because Renesme's body isn't frozen, like the vampires, she will still have the ability to reproduce, unless she's like an animal mentioned above and such...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:42 pm
I agree with everyone else about Renesmee being able to have babies. The arguments for it are perfectly valid.

But on the first page, I think I read that there are going to be more books- is this true, or were my eyes messing with me? Is the Twilight Saga not yet over? *hope*  

Atomic Chica

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 am
Atomic Chica
I agree with everyone else about Renesmee being able to have babies. The arguments for it are perfectly valid.

But on the first page, I think I read that there are going to be more books- is this true, or were my eyes messing with me? Is the Twilight Saga not yet over? *hope*

Before Breaking Dawn came out, i watched an interview with Stephenie Meyer at Comic-Con, and it seemed like she said this is the end of Bella's perspective (So that gives me hope).
But after the Midnight Sun leak, well it seems like she wants to stop the Twilight saga indefinately.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:45 am
Rin Kairiu
First one should catagorize the traits that Renesme has that are human, vampire, and halfbreed.

Human: Skin color, eyes, ability to grow until a certian age(yes even human stop growing), some feeding habits...

Vampire: Glow of skin(those vamps sparkle), stops aging after a certina period of time, some feeding habits, super speed and strength, a special ability(the mind thingie)...

Halfbreed: Temperature, 24 chromosome pairs, super speed and strength can go here too...

With all of this said we also need to see what a shapeshifter can't take it... the vampire venom, it's their poison, but Renesme doesn't have that(either a 50% chance of getting at birth or it's decided by gender, I would think gender...)

Then there's always the issue of some halfbreeds(in animal cases) that can't reproduce because they are indeed halfbreeds) mules, ligers, etc.

Though, all in all, I think because Renesme's body isn't frozen, like the vampires, she will still have the ability to reproduce, unless she's like an animal mentioned above and such...

You brought up some really good points, you have given me a lot to think about =)
(Yes that makes me happy, contemplating Twilight future posibilities).  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:19 am
Lol, thank you. I'm glad I could help.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items