Bella Unshielding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xbitexmexhardx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:11 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
See, and this is what kind of makes me mad jut a tiny a bit [this complaining]. That is where the love comes into to Breaking Dawn. I think she did that on purpose for Edward. He's always wanted to know what was inside of her head, and she let him have a moment of it. And plus, to add more love, she just showed him their history.

She'll always have her shield to keep him out of her head. It's not like she'll keep it down forever.

Oh, and her shield power is suppose to be a special power. I don't know why everyone says it's a stupid power. :/

DITTO!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:50 pm
I did feel like it was a statement to how much she loved Edward, but it did annoy me how she was able to turn off her shield with so little time to practice. I know she trained with Zaf and Kate, but like... That still wasn't much time.
:

But I thought it was an okay ending to the book.  

Atlacamani

La Beaute

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:34 pm
Ok guys, but like how did she have that "power" even when she was human? Like... what would have been the point of it if she didn't turn into a vampire. Is it the same for others before they were tranformed? Was Emmett still incredibly strong in his human years and was Jasper a shrink or something? (lol) That's what I don't understand about it. How and why was her power exemplified through her human life even though she wasn't a vampire yet? Is it predestined?

(Please, don't take it the wrong way. I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm not "attacking" if anyone is thinking I am.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 pm
Acully they did but not as strong.Why do you think acie was put in a mental hosptail, Edward we we will find out and breaking dawn.Jasper it tells you in Eclispe that he had that power but not as strong.Of couse Emmete had some kind of sreathgh.For him to be that size, the vampire vemon could not vhange one complty.  

Izzy Derp

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

La Beaute

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:52 pm
XXXElizabeth_14XXX
Acully they did but not as strong.Why do you think acie was put in a mental hosptail, Edward we we will find out and breaking dawn.Jasper it tells you in Eclispe that he had that power but not as strong.Of couse Emmete had some kind of sreathgh.For him to be that size, the vampire vemon could not vhange one complty.

Type in correct english so I can understand you better. Netspeak doesn't work for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 pm
oops.Sorry I was in a rush. And that was not tek-talk or whatever Its called. I just have bad spelling and to lazy to get my dictionary. What ment to say is that they did each book tells you. Twlight you learn that Alice had a few vesions, landed her in a mental hosptail. Edward well not much is said for him we will find out in midnight sun. Jasper tells you in Eclispe that he has always had a feel of thoes around him and is how he made it so high in ranks of the army. Emmett had to have some kind of stenght to him. For him to be his size and the strongest one. The vampire venom can not change everything, It makes you stronger. Thats why edward was the smalest of the boys not because his age but because of his strenght was weaker then theirs as a human.  

Izzy Derp

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Cassification

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:17 am
I actually thought it was quite cute. He'd always wondered what was in her head and he finally got to look smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
See, and this is what kind of makes me mad jut a tiny a bit [this complaining]. That is where the love comes into to Breaking Dawn. I think she did that on purpose for Edward. He's always wanted to know what was inside of her head, and she let him have a moment of it. And plus, to add more love, she just showed him their history.

She'll always have her shield to keep him out of her head. It's not like she'll keep it down forever.

Oh, and her shield power is suppose to be a special power. I don't know why everyone says it's a stupid power. :/

I agree, I think it was so cute how Edward got to see their life together.
And he got to see how much she loved him from the start.
It is such a special power, and it was like she was meant to be a vampire.
I think it said something about that in the book, but maybe not.. it could be my imagination.
>__<
But anyway, there has been so much complaining about Breaking Dawn.
She can't please everyone, and it was most important that she pleased herself,
and wrote it the way she felt it should be written.

mrstodayy

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:46 pm
It did signify that she was different.
Her little quirk turned out to be the thing that saved all their lives in the end. Therefore, showing her as, really, more powerful than the entire Volturi guard.

Plus, being able to lift a mental sheild must be pretty tough (I wouldn't know though, as I do not (as far as I know . . . lol) have a mental sheild). It put her as being able to do things no other vampire (or even human, if you count how she was immune to a lot of ifts) can do, she can turn off her power, even if it is oly for a short time. She can take that sheild off herself and make herself vulnerable.

She was/is unique in both lives.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm
xXserenitys-smileXx
I understand what you guys are saying, i truly do. and i know Bella can re-shield. And i know what it means to Edward to finally be able to hear her, and i know how much more convenient that this can make their relationship.

But to me, her finally being able to unshield seems like a betrayal (wow that sounds so drastic). She's like the only one that has a private mind, and turning it off at times, well i think her shield should be like a gift you can't let other people borrow (?).

I don't think you really understand the importance of Bella's ability to un-shield herself. Edward could never read Bella's mind. He ALSO kept doubting how much she loved him. By allowed Edward that one short glimpse of her mind, he can finally see just how much she really loves him. It doesn't make their relationship more "convenient", it completes it.

Thats what Steph Meyer says too. Its kind of like four books worth of tension released right then. Bella had her revelation in New Moon, I guess Edward had his at the end of Breaking Dawn.  

kanangirl123

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm
Maybe it's just me but I loved that part. Made me cry. In a GOOD way. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:13 pm
I thought that the ending was slightly open, so if she wanted to, she could write more... 3nodding  

Sweet Chocolate Bunnys

Sweet Chocolate Bunnys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:26 pm
oh, and I thought It was an ok way to end the book, it just needs some answers to the other questions in other naritives, like, what happens to Renesme? But I think that unshilding still didn't convince Edward Bella loved him more, so I just wish he could show her how much he loved her... heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:16 pm
Pubic Genital Lice

Agreed.
Plus, she has a very unique and strong gift. She's immune to all the mental attacks. It gives her a fighting chance against people like Jane and Alec. (haha...Jane through a temper tantrum) Besides, You saw how happy that made Edward, adds to the love....even if he couldn't control himself long enough to sit through her entire colloge of memories.

Demoness of Heart

Romantic Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:14 pm
kanangirl123
xXserenitys-smileXx
I understand what you guys are saying, i truly do. and i know Bella can re-shield. And i know what it means to Edward to finally be able to hear her, and i know how much more convenient that this can make their relationship.

But to me, her finally being able to unshield seems like a betrayal (wow that sounds so drastic). She's like the only one that has a private mind, and turning it off at times, well i think her shield should be like a gift you can't let other people borrow (?).

I don't think you really understand the importance of Bella's ability to un-shield herself. Edward could never read Bella's mind. He ALSO kept doubting how much she loved him. By allowed Edward that one short glimpse of her mind, he can finally see just how much she really loves him. It doesn't make their relationship more "convenient", it completes it.

Thats what Steph Meyer says too. Its kind of like four books worth of tension released right then. Bella had her revelation in New Moon, I guess Edward had his at the end of Breaking Dawn.

Keep in mind, I started this thread when i hated Breaking Dawn.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff