Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm
OberFeldwebel

... I should get a boresnake. redface

How have you managed without one? gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 pm
Requiem6661
My friend's grandpa has a cleaning kit for his .22 rifles, and he makes me clean the barrel after each session. Easy way to see if there's any residue in the barrel:

1. Empty the gun. Use cleaning kit
2. tear a strip off a piece of paper
3. open the bolt, and place the paper in so you can still see the breech.
4. position the rifle under a light source, so the light hits the paper. Look down the barrel, from the muzzle. You should be able to see the rifling, and the residue on it, if any.

Is you don't want to do all this, buy one of those lights with the flexible bodies and shine it down the breech. Then look down the barrel.

If you can see a bullet in the barrel, you didn't do Step 1. In which case, close the bolt and pull the trigger.

Just remove the bolt, and point the barrel at a light.

Excuse me? I hope you are kidding... In order to get into the position of looking down the barrel the bolt must be at least pulled back. If the round doesn't eject when the bolt is pulled all the way back your extractor is more than likely broken. I would cycle the bolt again. If the round doesn't come out the second time then your best bet is to remove the magazine and the bolt, then use a cleaning rod to push the round out of the chamber.  

Freak_090
Captain

SharkieDraws

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:56 pm
Requiem6661

If you can see a bullet in the barrel, you didn't do Step 1. In which case, close the bolt and pull the trigger.

Isn't that dangerous? O__o  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:57 pm
Wark_Ento
Requiem6661

Isn't that dangerous? O__o

User Image  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

... I should get a boresnake. redface

How have you managed without one? gonk

I use tons of patches and a rod. :/

Oh lol, that 'you're doing it wrong' poster, she got immediately pistol whipped after that or was it backhanded?
Oh well. Anyway, the handgun jammed and the 'teacher' got yelled at for not teaching the kid wtf to do when it jams.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 pm
Freak_090
Requiem6661
My friend's grandpa has a cleaning kit for his .22 rifles, and he makes me clean the barrel after each session. Easy way to see if there's any residue in the barrel:

4. position the rifle under a light source, so the light hits the paper. Look down the barrel, from the muzzle. You should be able to see the rifling, and the residue on it, if any.

Is you don't want to do all this, buy one of those lights with the flexible bodies and shine it down the breech. Then look down the barrel.

Excuse me? I hope you are kidding... In order to get into the position of looking down the barrel the bolt must be at least pulled back. If the round doesn't eject when the bolt is pulled all the way back your extractor is more than likely broken. I would cycle the bolt again. If the round doesn't come out the second time then your best bet is to remove the magazine and the bolt, then use a cleaning rod to push the round out of the chamber.
Unless it's an autoloader...

Of course. Did nobody else get that he was saying "You're a retard, it's right there in black and white and you didn't do it, so shoot yourself"?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Requiem6661

Unless it's an autoloader...

Of course. Did nobody else get that he was saying "You're a retard, it's right there in black and white and you didn't do it, so shoot yourself"?
Thank you. Someone got the joke.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:19 pm
Fresnel
Requiem6661

I've always done it the other way, but then again, I have a bolt-action. I pop out the bolt, aim the gun at a lightbulb, and you can see s**t clear as day. 'S how I came to discover that one run-through with a boresnake can clean an AR barrel of several hundred rounds of residue in a single pull.
Oh, no, he has a boresnake for it. He has me do this AFTER using it, to see if anything got left behind.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 pm
I should have mentioned this sooner.

This is what I use when I clean my Mauser.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Ober: All I need for my Mosin are towels, CLP, parts brush, and Borsnake.  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:11 am
Freak_090
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

Although I don't use the oiler from this one. I borrow the one from the Mauser. It's just so much easier to use.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

Although I don't use the oiler from this one. I borrow the one from the Mauser. It's just so much easier to use.
The cleaning kit for any one of my rifles includes a boresnake, a can of INOX, and a gun brush. The kit for my AR also includes a razor blade and a jar of carburetor cleaner, but that's just for those stubborn carbon deposits.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:29 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

The cleaning kit for any one of my rifles includes a boresnake, a can of INOX, and a gun brush. The kit for my AR also includes a razor blade and a jar of carburetor cleaner, but that's just for those stubborn carbon deposits.

You and that boresnake... I should buy one.

Do they make any for; .22, 7.62, 7.92 and .303?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:45 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

Yes.
Rifles
.177 Airgun (no brush)
.17 cal. Centerfire & .17HMR
.22 cal. Centerfire & Rimfire
6mm, .243 caliber
.25, 6.5mm, .264 caliber
.270, 7mm, .284, .280 cailber
.308, 30-30, .30-06, .300, .303 caiber
.32, 8mm caliber
.338, .340 caliber
.35, .350, .357, .358, .375 cailber
.416, .44, .45-70, .458, .460 caliber
.50, .54 caliber
.204 caliber
.25 mm caliber
Paintball Marker (no Brush)

Pistols & Revolvers
.22 caliber
.30, .32 caliber
.380, 9mm, .38, .357 caliber
.40, .41 caliber
.44, .45 caliber

Shotguns
.410 gauge
28 gauge
20 gauge
16 gauge
12 gauge
10 gauge

Gas Guns
37mm, 40mm Gas Guns  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:48 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Requiem6661

sweatdrop ohh.. sorry.

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

Yes.

... I didn't know boresnakes are really Gatling guns.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff