Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
why are we so weird? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:38 am
personally, it's a matter of how you define 'weird'.

and at what lens or standard will you say that something is weird.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:58 pm
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

you people are weird because you're a new religion compared to Judaism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy

we've got at least 1,500 year head start on ya, baby! woot.
wink
anyhow, "weird" is subjective.
i think some of my catholic practices are weird too. 'specially when we use incense and....yeah.

actually it's the lack of coexistence with modernity that rather wows me.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 am
Ratri_Cat

you people are weird because you're a new religion compared to Judaism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy

wink
i think some of my catholic practices are weird too. 'specially when we use incense and....yeah.

Islam was not a "crowned" relegion beffore Muhammad(saw)

But in old days people also used to be muslims! Adam and Eva was muslims too...

They just had their own rules!

Each prophet had a massege(there was hundreds of prophets), and the muslims that time followed it. We don't know exacly who was massenger of what?

But in the qur'an all the masseges from Allah(swt) are together!

And after that, Islam became "crowned"

Soo in a way Islam still ben here 4ever 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:10 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

wink

Each prophet had a massege(there was hundreds of prophets), and the muslims that time followed it. We don't know exacly who was massenger of what?

You're half right. Yes, that's true but only for Muslims. THe rest of the world says Islam and Muslims came around the time of Muhammad. Although you your faith is growing in numbers, majority rules. The secular world and the other non-Muslims see Muhammad as the start of Islam. No earlier. Your faith is 500 years old according to everyone else, and Christianity is 2,000 years, and Judiasm is freakin ancient. wink  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:34 pm
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

wink

You're half right. Yes, that's true but only for Muslims. THe rest of the world says Islam and Muslims came around the time of Muhammad. Although you your faith is growing in numbers, majority rules. The secular world and the other non-Muslims see Muhammad as the start of Islam. No earlier. Your faith is 500 years old according to everyone else, and Christianity is 2,000 years, and Judiasm is freakin ancient. wink

How different is Islam as time goes on? Would you rather have it where Judaism, Christianity, And Islam all came in a matter of lets say... 10 years for each? Being older as a religion doesn't make a religion any less weird. The only reason Islam looks so odd to Non Muslims is simply due to the fact that they don't change scriptures as that is forbidden in Islam, The Qur'an is exactly as it was when it was first collected together, and thus it will be for as long as so many Muslims strive. To my belief The bible confuses me with all these versions, I understand they were created to help with modern times such as slavery being allowed, But wouldn't that mean that Muslims are correct in the fact that "God's Word" was corrupted by Corrupt rulers of their times? Same goes for Judaism as far as I can see.

Not pushing any beliefs of course, just stating my opinion on the matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:00 pm
Haydar the Truthful

How different is Islam as time goes on? Would you rather have it where Judaism, Christianity, And Islam all came in a matter of lets say... 10 years for each? Being older as a religion doesn't make a religion any less weird.

You misread me. I said that Islam, according to the rest of the world, has only existed for 500 years. You guys obviously have a different perception in time and your faith, which is what I was pointing out.
Older means that there is more credibility to a certain degree. I don't have a lot of faith in the born-again Christian stuff, which is a fairly new branch of Christianity. Christians tend to respect Jews more because it is our ancestral branch. It's older...we respect it more. But we say that Jesus came and fulfilled their prophecies, which they do not believe, so in a way, it's considered a sad flaw. There's a degree of respect for Islam, but it hasn't been easy. First off, your faith, in terms of WORLD time, not Islamic time scale, your faith came AFTER Christianity, so there are going to be accusations that Muhammad just ripped all his ideas off of Christianity and modified them and stuff like that. Some branches of Christianity have come to see Islam as a respectable religion, while other, often newer versions don't.

Haydar the Truthful
The only reason Islam looks so odd to Non Muslims is simply due to the fact that they don't change scriptures as that is forbidden in Islam, The Qur'an is exactly as it was when it was first collected together, and thus it will be for as long as so many Muslims strive. To my belief The bible confuses me with all these versions, I understand they were created to help with modern times such as slavery being allowed, But wouldn't that mean that Muslims are correct in the fact that "God's Word" was corrupted by Corrupt rulers of their times? Same goes for Judaism as far as I can see.

um no. There are a heckuva lot more things than that. First off, let's start with the basic: Islam means submission, right? To be a servant of God?
Christianity comes with another stance: We are CHILDREN of God.

And there are far more differences than that...which makes Islam look odd to us Non-Muslims. It's far more than just scriptural differences.

Catholics/Orthodoxy have never modified the scriptures. We have translated from Greek (which was the main language at the time) to vernacular language, but that's about it. Other Christian belief systems have modified it. Versions of the bible were created as new belief systems cropped up.
What Catholics have changed was their doctrine, their Catechism, (which is like your hadiths) to better fit the times, but never, ever the scriptures.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:10 am
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful

How different is Islam as time goes on? Would you rather have it where Judaism, Christianity, And Islam all came in a matter of lets say... 10 years for each? Being older as a religion doesn't make a religion any less weird.

You misread me. I said that Islam, according to the rest of the world, has only existed for 500 years. You guys obviously have a different perception in time and your faith, which is what I was pointing out.
Older means that there is more credibility to a certain degree. I don't have a lot of faith in the born-again Christian stuff, which is a fairly new branch of Christianity. Christians tend to respect Jews more because it is our ancestral branch. It's older...we respect it more. But we say that Jesus came and fulfilled their prophecies, which they do not believe, so in a way, it's considered a sad flaw. There's a degree of respect for Islam, but it hasn't been easy. First off, your faith, in terms of WORLD time, not Islamic time scale, your faith came AFTER Christianity, so there are going to be accusations that Muhammad just ripped all his ideas off of Christianity and modified them and stuff like that. Some branches of Christianity have come to see Islam as a respectable religion, while other, often newer versions don't.

Haydar the Truthful
The only reason Islam looks so odd to Non Muslims is simply due to the fact that they don't change scriptures as that is forbidden in Islam, The Qur'an is exactly as it was when it was first collected together, and thus it will be for as long as so many Muslims strive. To my belief The bible confuses me with all these versions, I understand they were created to help with modern times such as slavery being allowed, But wouldn't that mean that Muslims are correct in the fact that "God's Word" was corrupted by Corrupt rulers of their times? Same goes for Judaism as far as I can see.

um no. There are a heckuva lot more things than that. First off, let's start with the basic: Islam means submission, right? To be a servant of God?
Christianity comes with another stance: We are CHILDREN of God.

And there are far more differences than that...which makes Islam look odd to us Non-Muslims. It's far more than just scriptural differences.

Catholics/Orthodoxy have never modified the scriptures. We have translated from Greek (which was the main language at the time) to vernacular language, but that's about it. Other Christian belief systems have modified it. Versions of the bible were created as new belief systems cropped up.
What Catholics have changed was their doctrine, their Catechism, (which is like your hadiths) to better fit the times, but never, ever the scriptures.

No, Islam means pease, not servant of god.

We are MUSLIM's, and servants of Allah!

Sorry, i gotta go now razz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 am
Zaaki

um Zaaki, even on the most basic of info sites, this is what I get about what the word Islam means:
The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to the Islamic conception of God (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh). I just copy and pasted this info from Wikipedia. Basic stuff.

you just repeated what I said. You're a servant of Allah, of God.

Christians believe that we are CHILDREN of God, children of Allah.

See now what I mean?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:44 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

um Zaaki, even on the most basic of info sites, this is what I get about what the word Islam means:
The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to the Islamic conception of God (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh). I just copy and pasted this info from Wikipedia. Basic stuff.

you just repeated what I said. You're a servant of Allah, of God.

Christians believe that we are CHILDREN of God, children of Allah.

See now what I mean?

Then Wikepedia is lying 3nodding

I also reading a meaning book, where i readed that Allah means God in arabic, witch ain't 100% right 3nodding

Wikepedia ain't always made by muslims you know... And somethimes, people hack into muslim sites and change the info! Mistekreuz told me that.

And if you think your a child of god, then u are also a god? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:46 pm
I think it's that Muslims tend to be more traditional than Christians are now. And part of being traditional is keeping people seperated. It's not a good thing, just traditional.

And you know, you'll find rude or unwelcoming people in every religion. So don't worry about why Muslims are like that. Worry about why people are like that.

I know a lot of Christians who are good people. But there are also Christians that are cruel and unaccepting of people who are different. Christianity is actually getting a bad reputation because of those people...

Likewise, many Muslims are good people. But of course some of them are going to be like that. It's human nature, I suppose.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm
Also, regarding the conversation between Zaaki and Ratri...

User Image

So it seems that it could very well mean both.

And this is just my personal opinion, but...
I believe that God and Allah are the same entity.
And I believe that we're meant to be His children and His servants.
He made us. He put us here.
And we're meant to listen to His message and His words, follow His rules, do His work...

Of course, I'm Agnostic, so I'm not even sure if I believe in God or not.
But if He's there, that's what I think about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:01 am
Sorry, Ratri is right. It translately means Submission 3nodding

But peace is some kinda poemed meaning wink  

Zaakii

Mighty Sweet Angel_Baby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:36 pm
ALL OF YOU MOTHER ******** ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO THE UNITED STATES. YOU SHOULD ALL GO BACK TO UR JURKWATER COUNTRY AND SMOKE ON UR HOOKAS. IF IT WAS MY DECISION I WOULD HAVE YOU ALL LINED UP AND SHOT IN THE HEAD. I HOPE UR 75 VIRGINS ARE ALL HOMOSEXUALS. DOES ANYONE WANT ANY BACON. ******** ALL OF YOU. DEATH TO THE MUSLIMS  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:37 am
Mighty Sweet Angel_Baby
ALL OF YOU MOTHER ******** ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO THE UNITED STATES. YOU SHOULD ALL GO BACK TO UR JURKWATER COUNTRY AND SMOKE ON UR HOOKAS. IF IT WAS MY DECISION I WOULD HAVE YOU ALL LINED UP AND SHOT IN THE HEAD. I HOPE UR 75 VIRGINS ARE ALL HOMOSEXUALS. DOES ANYONE WANT ANY BACON. f**k ALL OF YOU. DEATH TO THE MUSLIMS

The reason why i iden't delete it, is because i whant backup on reporting her.  

Zaakii

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:49 pm
XD Jeez, what a loser.
Did you report her yet, Zaaki?

Man, she didn't even get the propaganda right.
It's 72, not 75. =/ Fail.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces