Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rynelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:51 am
What a crazy, random...

It's Yuko! (Who really should have posted here ages ago.)
I'm 16, Esper Rangers's daughter, and I tag along to some caches he goes to.

... happenstance!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:23 pm
Allo all. M'name is Blue. I live in Oklahoma. So far, I've not gone geocaching, but I'm planning an expedition when I get ahold of a GPS and someone dumb and willing to go with me.

My hobbies are woodworking (everything from crafts to building houses to building sets for theatre and back), singing (or just about anything music related), Steampunk (it's more a lifestyle, but mehr), and the interweb (obviously). Peace.

blue_lutra

Shellykulele

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:46 am
Hi, Shelly here, I'm one half of the Spruce Mooses based in Melbourne, Australia.
We LOVE caching and just clicked over 1000 caches found the other day. It's been a great network of friends for us. If you ever come to Australia and want to come caching, give us a bell biggrin biggrin There are plenty here to be found.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:39 pm
Welcome aboard!  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

DestinyEC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm
Western Colorado here. Minor puzzle cache crafter. Locals hate puzzles, so I keep putting out more. Have another dozen or so in the works but I have mud to deal with so I'm waiting for a dry weekend to get the containers placed.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 pm
Hi Northern New Jersey Cacher hear, been Caching for a long time. New Jersey might seem like a bad place to cache but we really have a lot of places.  

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:15 am
Welcome aboard to all the new members who have joined so far this year!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:47 pm
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and new to Geocaching as well. Currently it's hard to get into it, seeing as I don't have a real GPS. I just got a Nokia N810, which has GPS capabilities, but they are not accurate enough to use for geocaching. As well, it has a slight drift and is a bit slow to respond. It's not it's main feature.
I plan on getting a GPS system fairly soon, and recommendations would be nice. I'll have a somewhat limited budget.  

uryu ishida

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:54 am
Welcome aboard!

The yellow Garmin eTrex is the traditional starting GPS for cachers on a budget. It is often less than $100 and I've seen it as low as $88 on some holiday sales such as Father's Day. You might find it cheaper on eBay from sellers who have upgraded to fancier units.

It was what I started with and used for 5 years before I upgraded to the blue eTrex Legend with built in base maps. It usually costs between $130 and $150 depending on when and where you shop. The old eTrex is still working and I've passed it on to my daughter to use.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:25 am
Sounds good to me.
I could get either, but I'm trying to save as much as I can for other purchases.  

uryu ishida

Sweet x Far x Thing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Hello, I'm Sweet x Far x Thing, but if you read my profile you'll find out my real name. =] I'm about as new as you can get when it comes to Geocaching. I live in West Virginia and haven't found any caches yet, but I guess it's not too bad considering I joined the website Saturday and just got my GPS figured out.

I love reading and writing, so much so I made a guild about it. haha. I also, love hiking, camping and being outdoors in general. I know I'm going to love Geocaching and have already gotten a friend of mine to agree to go with me as a way to make my trips more fun! =] I'm so excited. -insert random ecstatic noise-  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am
Im bryan v a geocacher from texas. im 13 and im really into geocaching. i plan to set up a few caches in my area sometime.  

Mr duck lumps

CandyRazor

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Hi I'm candyrazor/aleece I'm half of Avelsgard on geocaching.com. My boyfriend and I have been caching for a few months and LOVE it! heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm
Hi, I'm 7raindrops or dethklok on geocaching
I am 22 in Ohio and my hobbies are geocaching, hiking, karate, reading, and ....Gaia haha.

I have recently started Geocaching like this July recent and have found seven so far. I am currently borrowing a GPS, and use one my friend got off ebay. I am thinking about getting one of the Geomate.Jr. because it seems easy and affordable.  

7raindrops

splishims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm
Hi everyone! Ok, Mindless-Me here, also known as Cloud-Chaser on the geocaching website, and as Emily to friends and family and anyone else who wants to talk to me. ^_^ I'm 18 and I live in West Virginia-- "Touchdown City" to be exact (Morgantown). I'm a bit new-ish to caching as well, since I started in late June of this year. I've only found 16 caches so far, but I'm working on increasing that number.
I use a DeLorme Earthmate PN-20. It's bright yellow, and not very discreet when looking for those caches that require a lot of stealth. But it's pretty accurate.
Well, that's all I can think of for an introduction... If there's anything else you want to know, just shoot me a PM. ^_^  
Geocaching Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff