Internet Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:51 am
Thank you Blue, you've now helped me get a subject for an article in my Radio Journalism class blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:56 am
lol. that's quite entertaining.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:10 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Thank you Blue, you've now helped me get a subject for an article in my Radio Journalism class blaugh

YAY!! I'm useful. ^^ Glad I could help with that one. Now if I can get my own paper done, I'd be all set.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:22 am
Gypsy Blue
In the midst of an entertaining conversation with a friend, he provided me with the following link on Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, which is a Christian off shoot with, shall we say, questionable beliefs. My first reaction is likely the same as the one many of you will have: I read a bit, thought that these people can't be serious, then laughed hysterically because they are and are clearly crazy.

But then I thought about it for a moment. The internet is vast, and the sites dedicated to religion are beyond count. How many other sites like this are out there, or worse, how many sites are out there with far out ideas that seem far more credible?

The first place most people (I don't think it's limited to the young any more) begin the search for a new religion is the internet. How many people find sites like this? Thinking back now, I wonder how I ever managed to become a reasonably well educated Wiccan from just random internet searches, and it calls in to question again the credibility of some sources.

If Christianity has such crazy off shoots, what does Paganism have?

flyingspaghetti monsterism is the same thing as worshipping HEr INvible Pinkness. they are parodys.  

ketrovin

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:35 am
ketrovin
flyingspaghetti monsterism is the same thing as worshipping HEr INvible Pinkness. they are parodys.

Yes, I'm quite sure we've established that fact already. Many, many posts ago....  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff