Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
An Observation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:09 pm
Soul Calibur isn't a kiddy game. If anyone insists that it is, please define "Kiddy".  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm
Something created to be aimed towards children. (technically people under the age of 18 )  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 pm
nitnit
Something created to be aimed towards children. (technically people under the age of 18 )

To add to that, I guess developers would also consider the classification system, with games rated "G" being aimed at kids more often than not.

Are there any G games these days or does everything start at PG?

P.S. How come The Hbot started this thread and hasn't come back since!? I like to hear responses from thread starters....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:43 pm
To me kiddy =

Something created to be aimed towards children. (technically people under the age of 13 )  

Pay Per Cuts

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:47 pm
Pay Per Cuts
To me kiddy =

Something created to be aimed towards children. (technically people under the age of 13 )

Then I wouldn't call soul calibur a kiddy game.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm
Soul Calibur is still a kiddy game. Also there is a soul calibur thread.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:09 pm
nitnit

So says you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:39 pm
Deathguiser
nitnit

So says you.

No, Soul Calibur is obviously aimed at elementary school kids and that Kung Fu Panda game is aimed at high schoolers and elementary kids because under 18 = kid.  

Pay Per Cuts

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 pm
Soul Calibur is not a mature game We are going by the basis that not mature = kiddy (original post calls pokemon kiddy, which is something that is clearly aimed for all ages, not just kids).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:10 pm
nitnit
Soul Calibur is not a mature game We are going by the basis that not mature = kiddy (original post calls pokemon kiddy, which is something that is clearly aimed for all ages, not just kids).

Are you saying that all games without a mature rating are kiddy?  

Pay Per Cuts

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 pm
By Hbot's logic, yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm
Whether a game is 'kiddie' or not is all a matter of opinion. As for myself, I like all kinds of games. From Pokemon to Final Fantasy to Silent Hill to GTA, and everything in between!  

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:00 pm
Le's avoid Hbot's logic on games, shall we?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:40 am
You can just leave it at "Let's avoid hbot's logic"  

nitnit
Captain

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 pm
nitnit

Here's a better definition...

kid - die (kid`dē) adj. Meant for youths ranging from birth to ages around 16. In reference to video games, this would refer to games that have ESRB ratings of E and E (10+) and have either those small, chibi-fied characters or cheezy dialouge, although there are some games given the rating T and M that would be allowed to be played by this age group under the right circumstances. Those that are still rated M and kiddie, those who rated them are either crazy, were high or intoxicated, or very, very, very protective parents. Some games, as those released by Nintendo, were meant for all ages, despite what others think of the Pokēmon series and others.

Yes, I have WAY too much time at this moment.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff