Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
"Sir, what's in your pocket?" "That's my plastic Bible." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:21 pm
ArmasTermin
The people making the laws keeping me from having that folding piece of awesome should be beat with a large pipe wrench.

'Nuff said.
If what I have said offended you...

A fold up pipe wrench that fits in the pocket. xd

... then it was probably intentional.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm
Rommel_Desert_Fox
ArmasTermin
The people making the laws keeping me from having that folding piece of awesome should be beat with a large pipe wrench.

'Nuff said.

You had to say it xd  

Krilliad

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 am
Hang on just a second... this has a standard Glock upper receiver, a standard Glock lower, a standard hi-cap Glock magazine, and what looks like a standard Glock barrel. This isn't a gun, it's a spiffy case for a Glock! Does that change the legality of it?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 am
Fresnel
Hang on just a second... this has a standard Glock upper receiver, a standard Glock lower, a standard hi-cap Glock magazine, and what looks like a standard Glock barrel. This isn't a gun, it's a spiffy case for a Glock! Does that change the legality of it?

Legality? No, credibility? Yes, and that's for the worst.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

The only problems I've ever had firing a Glock can be traced to the magazine which was, ironically, not Glock brand. Shoot factory ammo through it like most of the world does and you'll be fine. After you reload it, you can put in in your XD9.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:09 am
Fresnel
tokarov
ArmasTermin
Practicality? Who needs practicality when your gun folds into a small, black square? And can be deployed into a carbine in less than a second? And be more stable and accurate than a standard Glock, and with a longer magazine?

I know it's an old idea, but it's an old idea finally done the right way. They could scale it up into a briefcase size later and make the seams look better and put it in .45 ACP and it would be even more a**-kicking. Or they could put it in .223 and get a foldable rifle.

I waaaaaant one.

crying

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

kel-tec already does the folding rifle
And it looks like s**t.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i disagree  

tokarov

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:34 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

The only problems I've ever had firing a Glock can be traced to the magazine which was, ironically, not Glock brand. Shoot factory ammo through it like most of the world does and you'll be fine. After you reload it, you can put in in your XD9.

So even factory 10mm wont kB?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:51 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

If they had a gun that was reputed and proven to detonate with factory ammunition, logic dictates there would have been a total recall.

EDIT: Okay, I see what happened. They modified the Glock lower to fold over and collapse. That's where it was machined.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

If they had a gun that was reputed and proven to detonate with factory ammunition, logic dictates there would have been a total recall.

EDIT: Okay, I see what happened. They modified the Glock lower to fold over and collapse. That's where it was machined.

Do they have any warning saying not to use non-factory ammunition?

Now, factories do make higher power ammunition right?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 am
Battlefield Reaper
Rommel_Desert_Fox
ArmasTermin

'Nuff said.

You had to say it xd

Someone had to.

Rommel_Desert_Fox

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

It's in the owners manual of every Glock ever made, right next to the "warranty void if ignored, liability's in your own hands, shithead" statement.

Yeah, but nothing like a simple ******** with the reloader will do. Sometimes a grain jams the valve and the powder keeps pouring for a moment, or you can use the wrong kind of powder. I know a guy who loaded a .308 with half pistol powder. Now he has two half-M14s.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

It's in the owners manual of every Glock ever made, right next to the "warranty void if ignored, liability's in your own hands, shithead" statement.

Yeah, but nothing like a simple ******** with the reloader will do. Sometimes a grain jams the valve and the powder keeps pouring for a moment, or you can use the wrong kind of powder. I know a guy who loaded a .308 with half pistol powder. Now he has two half-M14s.

Alright then, don't all firearm owner's manuals say to avoid using handloaded or non-factory powder?

... an M14 kBed?
crying poor poor M14.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Alright then, don't all firearm owner's manuals say to avoid using handloaded or non-factory powder?

... an M14 kBed?
crying poor poor M14.
Can't say. They probably do, for liability reasons.

It was a GLORIOUS kB! The magazine spring came out the top of the action!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:53 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

... an M14 kBed?
crying poor poor M14.
Can't say. They probably do, for liability reasons.

It was a GLORIOUS kB! The magazine spring came out the top of the action!

The GORE! gonk  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas