Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:34 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

... damn those places sound nice.
But not so if you have a history of illness like heart attacks and such.

I suppose in those places the castle law is in effect?
Or are there just no laws that say the contrary?
I think AZ is a castle law state. Hell, out here, you could kill a man and bury him in the desert, and chances are nobody'd ever find the body.

I still wouldn't risk it. Unless that guy had a really cool gun when he was trespassing.
I'd hate for it to be in a police evidence locker for all eternity.

Anything other than a Glock.
We once had a guy bust in one of our neighbor's windows because someone was trying to kill him and bury him in the desert. He jumped out of the trunk of a car at highway speeds, and ran (limped?) to our neighbor's house, which was nearby. Guy moved out the next week. Funny, that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:37 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

I think AZ is a castle law state. Hell, out here, you could kill a man and bury him in the desert, and chances are nobody'd ever find the body.

I still wouldn't risk it. Unless that guy had a really cool gun when he was trespassing.

We once had a guy bust in one of our neighbor's windows because someone was trying to kill him and bury him in the desert. He jumped out of the trunk of a car at highway speeds, and ran (limped?) to our neighbor's house, which was nearby. Guy moved out the next week. Funny, that.

Wow.
Yeah adrenalin will do crazy things, that guy could have had a sprained or busted ankle but as long is adrenalin was coursing, he wouldn't have felt s**t.

So the neighbor moved out?
Why did they do that?  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 am
On a side topic, has anyone here seen warning signs at shooting ranges banning Wolf brand ammo and/or steel bullets?

One of my ranges (an indoor range) prohibits both forms of ammo from use. Thankfully there are plenty of outdoor public and private ranges that don't care.

I can understand the problems with steel bullets indoors, but what's the beef with Wolf (other than the fact it's made in Russia?)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:54 am
Floyd
On a side topic, has anyone here seen warning signs at shooting ranges banning Wolf brand ammo and/or steel bullets?

One of my ranges (an indoor range) prohibits both forms of ammo from use. Thankfully there are plenty of outdoor public and private ranges that don't care.

I can understand the problems with steel bullets indoors, but what's the beef with Wolf (other than the fact it's made in Russia?)

Well from what I've heard the steel casings can nick the s**t out of concrete when fired out of semi-autos.
They also can't be reloaded like brass can.

Maybe it's because of both?  

OberFeldwebel

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm
Floyd

lol... not at all..

my range actually promotes Wolf.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm
Floyd

They don't want to go throught the casings with magnets to sort out the steel from the brass?  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

Wow.
Yeah adrenalin will do crazy things, that guy could have had a sprained or busted ankle but as long is adrenalin was coursing, he wouldn't have felt s**t.

Why did they do that?
He was a bit shaken. The guy busted in the window over his baby's crib, and the neighbor damn near had to shoot the guy. All he had was a little .22 pistol. My called my dad ('cos we're really close, and he knows we have guns), and he showed up with the 3M candlepower spotlight and the 12ga, and the guy was pretty cooperative from there on out.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:46 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

Wow.

Why did they do that?
He was a bit shaken. The guy busted in the window over his baby's crib, and the neighbor damn near had to shoot the guy. All he had was a little .22 pistol. My called my dad ('cos we're really close, and he knows we have guns), and he showed up with the 3M candlepower spotlight and the 12ga, and the guy was pretty cooperative from there on out.

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm
I certainly hope that guy upgraded.

I want one of those spotlights.
I almost bought a Spotlight from Sportsmans that was milsurp but it didn't have that much power, except it did look like it was straight from the Stalag.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:39 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wow.

Why did they do that?

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

I almost bought a Spotlight from Sportsmans that was milsurp but it didn't have that much power, except it did look like it was straight from the Stalag.
It was a target gun he got from a family member, but it was better than beating him with the baby.

My parents got theirs for cheap. I think Heartland America sells them, and even 10M ones, regularly and heavily discounted.

Oh, well, would you look at that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:20 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wow.

Why did they do that?

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

It was a target gun he got from a family member, but it was better than beating him with the baby.

My parents got theirs for cheap. I think Heartland America sells them, and even 10M ones, regularly and heavily discounted.

Ah a target one, alright then.

Ooo 10 million!
For when you positively must blind everyone in the room...  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:34 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wow.

Why did they do that?

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

Ooo 10 million!
3.5, when pointed upwards at night, can be seen ten miles away. I got yelled at by my parents for ******** with it once... over the phone. 10 million could probably be seen across the STATE. I warn you though, our 3.5 has about 5 minutes of battery life before we have to plug it into a charger.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:18 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Wow.

Why did they do that?

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

Ooo 10 million!
3.5, when pointed upwards at night, can be seen ten miles away. I got yelled at by my parents for ******** with it once... over the phone. 10 million could probably be seen across the STATE. I warn you though, our 3.5 has about 5 minutes of battery life before we have to plug it into a charger.

Hmm, could just hook it up to a car battery.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:12 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

Ooo 10 million!

I'm sure it comes with an adapter. The downside is that there's already a lead-acid battery in there, so it's gonna be heavy as hell.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

.22 for home defense?
emotion_facepalm

Ooo 10 million!

I'm sure it comes with an adapter. The downside is that there's already a lead-acid battery in there, so it's gonna be heavy as hell.

Rofl!

Just get an ALICE pack frame and fit it with some car batteries.  

OberFeldwebel

SharkieDraws

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 pm
Floyd

What's wrong with Wolf brand?  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces