Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Steph's Response to leaked M.S. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Switzerland555

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:12 pm
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg i feel like someone just ripped the soul from my body and ripped it to shreds and laughed in my face. how could they do this!!! im still crying!!!!!!!!!!!! im so mad!!!!!!!!! I cant put my feelings into words!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:21 pm
Jellycones
Aqua Anjel
vanny_jae
Yeah, i feel bad for her D':
well, she might not be finishing it for a while, but at least she gave us the first 12 chapters. I don't know how i feel about reading it, but it was her gift to us as an apology. I am still debating on actually reading it though. It was released for bad purposes and i hate the person who released it. They might not have done it on purpose, but someone who was given it to them by stephenie meyer obviously had her trust, and had no right to show it to anyone else. If she wanted it shown, she would have released it already. Well, i hope whoever did it is full of guilt and is miserable right now. They better hide under a rock, because i'm gonna hunt them down. Who's with me? *grabs pitchforks and torches*

oh and if you do want to read it, here's the link...(although i don't know why you would)
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft2.pdf

You feel bad and still you're going to post the freakin link that did this to us in the first place? mad

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE IN YOUR WORLD, WOMAN?!
If you look where the link came from..it came from Stephenie Meyer herself...she posted it in her blog so people who wanted to stay faithful to her, but still read midnight sun they could because SHE published it online.

Sorry about that. No one had posted the official links for those that DID want to read it. I just thought i should do that for you guys to make it easier. I guess that wasn't a good idea. sweatdrop
Well, i DO feel bad, but not all twilight fans are forcing themselves not to read it. Like i said, bad idea, sorry  

vanny_jae

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:32 pm
this seriously depresses me.
&& i had just started to come out of my sadness from the end of Breaking Dawn...
i understand Stephanie Meyer is bummed because of this, but this doesn't feel fair.
just because someone accidentally leaked the rough draft she's putting it on hiatus?

what a letdown.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 pm
Oh wow I hope this problem gets sorted out, afterall she said the Midnight Sun was on hold, so I guess we're going to have to wait a bit longer for it sad Sigh that still makes me sad, I want to read more of her books confused  

Shikomiso

Wilixer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Aww this sucks! Why would someone do this? What, did they think Stephenie would be ok with it?? Ugh...
I'm so bummed now; I was looking forward to Midnight Sun more than I was looking forward to Breaking Dawn! And I feel so bad for Stephenie; even without hearing her voice or seein her expression you can tell how upset she is..
Oh well. I haven't read The Host yet, so I guess I'll dive into that to get my Meyer-fix.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Wow this is definatly the news of the day. I still can't believe some close to Steph, would post something like that, and betray her. Not to menton everyone on gods green earth knows that Sm hates spoilers so thats like pouring salt in a wound. I do feel like we should do some thing for her if any one does something please pm me and tell me cause I want to help. I still think it was Rob too. And the thought of Sm not finishing the book is horrible. That really deppresses me, like alot.

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Heckler 50

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 pm
I'm really disappointed that S.Meyer's is not going to finish the rest of MS, at least not any time soon. I was really looking forward to reading it, and I'm a little angry that she would also do that to her fans and publisher. Yep. I'm disappointed in S.Meyer.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 pm
I read this earlier. gonk crying sad
As mad as i am that i cant get my hands on that book soon [or ever] my heart goes out to stephenie. I feel very bad for her. confused

IWANTMIDNIGHTSUN. D:  

rissy urie

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:20 pm
Jellycones
Pubic Genital Lice
I still think is was Rob.

Anyway, now I am all sad inside. I feel so sorry for Stephenie. She seemed so excited for Midnight Sun and now she doesn't really want to write it anymore. I was excited, too.

I don't even know how far she got, and I want to read Edward's POV in the meadow.

Poor Steph.
I still think it's Rob too. Because she said something about how the person she gave it to, who leaked it out..was given to that person for a good reason. And what better reason then to get into character as Edward? Haha. I don't know..and I don't think we will ever find out. =( Unless whoever did it makes a public apology like on youtube or something. =P

I learned a few days ago that Catherine also got a manuscript, too. But I highly doubt she would've done it. But she also has a weird side, so I kind of see her doing it, but it's high on the doubt.
I guess we'll find out if Rob did it or not. I'm sure we'll find out who did it. Some one some where will find out, or like you said that person will make a apology. Or, that person just tells people they did it. If not, then we'll all just wonder who.
Also, in an interview with Stephenie, she said something about giving a manuscript to Rob and Catherine. Then the person interviewing her asked if Rob would spill the beans on Midnight Sun. Stephenie just laughed and said, "No, I trust Rob."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:19 pm
lets not make accusations here. i mean, what if its NOT rob, then we're going to feel bad. it could be ANYONE. we just have to wait and see. though i have a feeling it will just be personal and we wont find out. we should deffinately do something for steph, but lets NOT pressure her into writing midnight sun immediately, just say that we'd like her to finish it. she probably needs some time to recompose her self, how would you feel in her situation? we just have to have patience.  

fancy-painted-boats-

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm
I am not jumping to any conclusions, I am trying to jump into some sort of conclusion. For me, those are the only two people that I know have the manuscript besides Stephenie's publisher or agent. But those people's jobs aren't the type who do that. They're professionals.

Now, I am not saying Rob isn't a professional, but he's still some what a small actor. He's only gotten famous by being Twilight. Before that, he wasn't in many other movies besides Harry Potter. He still has professional learning to do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 pm
As soon as i read that, i freaking got my phone and started talking to my only Twilighter!
Boy i think i scared her, she said she was in the shops and and she was trying really hard to calm me down... i want to send SM something, just a little trinket showing... some kind of message...I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE IT SHOULD BE!!! gonk
I Dont want to send something so mundane as,

"i'm sorry your book was leaked"

I hope Steph doesn't feel betrayed by that person ...

xXserenitys-smileXx

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 pm
This feels like when I was in second grade, and one of the kids would do something by accident but the teacher would be so upset that she would make the whole class pay for it.

The person who leaked it, it looks like at least, that they didnt' mean to leak the book, but we're all paying for it.

Unbelievably disappointing that she's not finishing it.

Crap. -_-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Yes finally the culprit has been caught.....and thank god those chapters that were let loose were only drafts.

i think rob did it

Virti

Bellome_18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 pm
This makes me really sad and mad at the person that did this. I was really looking forward to being able to read what Edward was think while he was falling in love with Bella because it must have been really hard on him. You only get bits and pieces from what he tells Bella. But i guess you could figure out a little bit of how he was feeling. Still, it's not the same crying  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff