Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
As long as there are kids do you think Nintendo will survive Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:44 pm
Well, what most don't see is that nintendo is more than just Blood and Gore(the 2 elements people think are the only needed things for a good game). Nintendo brings puzzles, smarts, and logic to the mix, he few elements that actually make a game more than a shooter. I believe that pure shooter and blood games are for idiots who can't handle or who don't have the brains for nintendo-style. I mean I understand that Nintendo has some bloody games, but they're still involving the player to use the part of the brain that thinks. No offense to the B'n'G gamers but It's my opinion on the stereotyped "awesome games"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 pm
Deathguiser

The Wii may have the highest sales, but the number of consoles leaving the stores is mostly PS3.

I'd like to see a source.

Quote:
,This is thanks to Blu Ray

I lol'd.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 pm
Deathguiser
First, I can't see anything from wikipedia being a very solid source. Second, the other spreadsheet only shows that the Wii has sold more. As of right now, the PS3 is slowly beginning to CATCH UP in sales, compared to its incredibly slow start. n owhere have I said it was beating the Wii in downright sales, but the number sold is increasing pretty steadily, and is expected to at least match the Wii.

First off it's VGsales wiki, not wikipedia, and it cites it's sources, the official NPD reports. Scrub.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:36 pm
Aright Nitnit. Since you apparently will believe anything the internet throws at you, I'll give some sites of my own.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/11/15/playstation.sales.ap/index.html

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3277.html

http://www.betanews.com/article/PS3_US_Sales_Stabilize_Wii_Sales_Drop_in_March/1177095811

Also, just about any website with "Wiki" in it originates from wikipedia, and is therfore easily accessed by just about any douche who has free time. this means not considered a valid source anymore, regardless. Scrub.

@Jonnnn- Some sources above for higher sales. Also, Laugh if you want, but Blu Ray is what has been keeping the PS3 in the game all this time.  

Deathguiser

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:49 pm
I personally don't understand why Nintendo is labeled childish.Sure,alot of Nintendos good games are more family friendly but they're very good so why does anyone care.Like someone already said,why do alot of people consider blood and guts to make a good game?Actually,I own alot of very good games but only just a few are BnG.I like my games to be more substance then just a gore fest.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:12 pm
You guys sure like to argue alot.  

Zephyr TruFeld

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:58 pm
logical truths written in BOLD

Deathguiser
Aright Nitnit. Since you apparently will believe anything the internet throws at you, I'll give some sites of my own.

This is nearly 1 year old, and it actually says that at the time wii sales were so high they couldn't manufacture them fast enough. Sure, PS3 doubled in sales after its price drop, but it was still in a distant third. Unrelated example since deathguiser sucks at math I guess: Let's say I sell 100 cakes, and you sell 10. If you double your sales, I'm still kicking your a**.

From that article "Wii...well, that thing just keeps selling as if it came with a free $100 gas card (ooooh, what a good idea!)" Nice job proving my point!

http://www.betanews.com/article/PS3_US_Sales_Stabilize_Wii_Sales_Drop_in_March/1177095811

Hey deathguiser, want a lesson in math? 259,000 wii consoles sold in the month of march is nearly double 130,000 PS3 consoles sold in the month of march

Also, just about any website with "Wiki" in it originates from wikipedia, and is therfore easily accessed by just about any douche who has free time. this means not considered a valid source anymore, regardless. Scrub.

Hey, guess what scrub, the article cites it's sources, Feel free to click on them for the article it originates from. Also it isn't from the wikipedia organization, it uses the same software, L2INTERNET.

@Jonnnn- Some sources above for higher sales. Also, Laugh if you want, but Blu Ray is what has been keeping the PS3 in the game all this time.

Yes, blu ray is all PS3 has other than MGS4, we all know.

Thanks for proving my point that Nintendo is currently dominating the market, with your own sources!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:04 pm
Oh another tidbit from deathguiser's second article

"And of course, the Wii is a success story that no one can contest."

Please learn how to read deathguiser.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:17 pm
nitnit
logical truths written in BOLD

Deathguiser

This is nearly 1 year old, and it actually says that at the time wii sales were so high they couldn't manufacture them fast enough. Sure, PS3 doubled in sales after its price drop, but it was still in a distant third. Unrelated example since deathguiser sucks at math I guess: Let's say I sell 100 cakes, and you sell 10. If you double your sales, I'm still kicking your a**.

From that article "Wii...well, that thing just keeps selling as if it came with a free $100 gas card (ooooh, what a good idea!)" Nice job proving my point!

Hey deathguiser, want a lesson in math? 259,000 wii consoles sold in the month of march is nearly double 130,000 PS3 consoles sold in the month of march

Hey, guess what scrub, the article cites it's sources, Feel free to click on them for the article it originates from. Also it isn't from the wikipedia organization, it uses the same software, L2INTERNET.

Yes, blu ray is all PS3 has other than MGS4, we all know.

Thanks for proving my point that Nintendo is currently dominating the market, with your own sources!

Seriously, do you even read what I keep saying? I keep saying how THE PS3 IS INCREASING IN SALES not how it is magically selling more already. (bolded, because its funny how you always miss this statement. L2READ)

First off, the price drop for the PS3 came in late 2007, so its acutally recent enough to be accurate. Once again, CATCHING UP. Here's a lesson in math nitnit: if you have 100 cupcakes, and and I have ten, and mine are increasing by double each month, and yours are going up by 5 or 10 every month, eventually who will catch up?

Second article, the guy was making a statement about how Wii's seemed to be going fast, considering their opening left most stores without Wii's for a few months. Which, as show in other articles, has dropped in numbers. Still, he is showing the sudden increase in PS3 sales, which is once again, my point. Again, L2READ

For the sake of not repeating myself for a third time, I'll just use one word here "INCREASING."

Regarding the wiki site, regardless of it originating from wikipedia or not, it is still accessible to users. Even if they cite sources, it doesn't mean that any user can't just pop in a switch up some numbers. Why else is wikipedia and related sites banned from schools as a solid source?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 pm
Actually go back to the first page. I said that nintendo is winning the console war. You then told me that my internet sources were not trustworthy. That's what this was about. I never said anything about the PS3, lol, my whole point was that nintendo is not in any danger, and my internet sources are completely valid. So L2READ. rofl.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 pm
nitnit
(in b4 deathguiser tries to object this with some misinterpreted information from game informer from like a year ago then I post up like 20 websites that say otherwise).

Ok. Lets look at this. first, you are pretty much inviting me to say something about this, considering you know how I am.

Second, We both know that the last time this was mentioned, we were talking about the PS3 and the Wii. So you mean to say this would NOT lead to an argument about the PS3 catching up in sales? All I ever post is that "It's catching up." And it is true that a magazine is generally more valid than the internet. Internet is largely user created, btw.

Then, you go an post some, not even to the point of what I said bullshit, about how the "Wii is beating the PS3 is number of consoles sold lolololololol scrub lololol." Which again, is not what I said. L2REMEMBER INFORMATION.

Seriously, I am sure you have better things to do that go around on the interent and pretend you know everything about the video game world like a douche. Rofl.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:42 pm
If we were in that thread your argument would be valid. I was just getting in before you quoted game informer about the PS3 picking up steam and winning the console war.

And I never said anything about the PS3 until you brought it up. Also you shouldn't call members of this forum names like "douche", especially when you're incorrect =|

Also acting like an elitist is the only thing to do on gaia.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 pm
Ok, you just said you didn't mention the PS3, and that all you said was being in before I mentioned the PS3 rising in sales. Where I come from, thats you mentioning the PS3 neutral

If you didn't want anyone to speak up about the PS3, you wouldn't have said that statement. And this thread is pretty much the same arguement as before. And by the way, a lot of people here are douches, despite what you say. I'm pretty sure all of us are douches.

Also, its called being modest and nice over being an a**, but whatever. Anyway, since this argument has changed from "Which system is going to end up winning the war" to "Who started the arguement," With this last post, I think we should pretty much be done here, considering none of us ever listens to what the other is trying to prove.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:13 pm
Deathguiser
I'm pretty sure all of us are douches.

With this last post, I think we should pretty much be done here, considering none of us ever listens to what the other is trying to prove.

Wow. I agree with deathguiser on 2 issues =O  

nitnit
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:57 pm
...is it just me or does every topic in this guild somehow turn into an arguement?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff