Reply [IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]
[PRP] Meet the king of Demons [Abeni, Hakuna & Iar] FIN! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 am
She was a bit disappointed that the blow hadn't dislocated his jaw... Then again, she should have known he'd be more powerful than anyone she had fought before, given that he was a demon king. She wondered for a brief moment how far this fight would go...

Her thoughts were pushed away when he lounged at her. Though she wasn't necessarily surprised by his rashness, she had to reevaluate her techniques quickly. She shifted from a stealthy pose to a more defensive one. While his first blow managed to cut her shoulder shallowly, she managed to somehow dodge the rest of his blows. However, this method gave her very little time or room to attack back... So for now, she was content with just letting him not hit her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:40 am
Well, she was fast, both physically and in her thinking, Iar had to give her that. And she wasn't afraid of him. Respectful, yes... but not afraid.

That was good, so far as he was concerned.

After another moment or two, he broke off his attacks and backed away again, this time with a satisfied look on his face. "Very good..." he purred, with a little dip of his head.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:28 am
She was panting now. Silently, she was thankful that it was over. While she didn't mind getting hurt, she knew she couldn't keep up her defense for much longer, and would have been open to more serious attacks.

Now that it was apparently over, she bobbed her head to him in return. Though she wanted desperately to lick at her wounds, she didn't. They would heal later, and she didn't want to look weak. After a moment she caught her breath and respectfully looked back to him. He was indeed a strong king.

"And my judgment...?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:34 am
Iar considered her for a moment or two, then nodded his head slightly. "I believe that you have the sold of a demon... what is your name?" he asked, moving to sit down then ... making things a bit more informal.

Now that his little test was over with, he would like to know more about this newest member of his pride.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 am
She let out a long, relieved breath. When he sat, she did also. One paw moved to brush against her nose, not to nurse the wounds, but simply to brush some of the drying blood away.

"My name is Abeni." Sensing that perhaps he'd like to know more than just her name, she continued. "Daughter of Kesara, the Goddess of Fire. I am... or perhaps was, a rouge who traveled these lands freely, letting fate guide me."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 am
Red eyes widened just slightly at that. The daughter of a Goddess...? And the Goddess of Fire, no less! This was getting better and better. Fire was a thing close to hell, and demons.

Ah, and there was that, too. Iar had heard that those descended from gods sometimes were blessed with certain abilities... He wondered if that might be the case with Abeni.

"And if Hakuna has not told you my name, I am Iartuupe," he replied. He knew that Hakuna had mentioned their own two gods and the two sides of the pride. But he wondered how much she might have actually explained about it.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 am
She was pleased to see his reaction to knowing she was born from a Goddess. Abeni didn't particularly like to boast about being a seer. It was not that she thought she was better than anyone, but she knew that many were at least interested about the subject, so found herself speaking about it often. And she also wished to put her visions to a use as well. Knowing that it was really a demon inside her gave her more purpose.

"It's truly an honor. I look forward to learning more about your ways, and settling in."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 am
Iar nodded at that, and turned to smile faintly at Hakuna. "Thank you for bringing her to me," he said to the red lioness.

Then he turned back to Abeni. "Feel free to choose a den for yourself in those rocks over there, and explore our lands... welcome."

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 am
Abeni smiled wider. "I will, thank you." She bobbed her head then stepped backward a couple of paces, then turned towards Hakuna to see if she'd accompany her to the dens, and perhaps further explain her new culture.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:20 am
Hakuna bowed, a smile on her face. "It would have been unbecoming if I had not brought her before the Aran'shale." She chuckled and turned to Abeni. "I must return to my duties now...but welcome. Perhaps we can talk more after my shift is done?" With that, she started back for the borders. A guard's work was never done...

But she did not mind. Not in the least. After all, being a guard meant keeping the pride safe and meeting new demons to keep the pride growing. Those made the job worth the boredom.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas