Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
Willy wonka? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ursaula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 pm
I'd have to sayyyy Willy Wonka biggrin it was kewl smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:07 am
i like the new one more bc of johnny depp xD
but the old was kool bc if gene wilder
itz a toss up for me xD  

krazyklownz

greenamethyst

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 pm
I like the original one with Gene Wilder as Willie Wonka.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:11 pm
the only part i didnt really like in the orignal was the boat part!!! when they selling the choc river!!!!! i hate the song and the whole bit lol.  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Ursaula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:34 am
Really? Wait yeah ok, I agree lol razz I like the oompaloompas or however you spell them xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 pm
Ursaula
Really? Wait yeah ok, I agree lol razz I like the oompaloompas or however you spell them xD
I like them more in the 1st move there songs were better and they looked better , well at least they werent just one person.. what movie did u like them more in?  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

allmy9lives

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:31 am
i like both! ack!

but if pertaining to the plot, i'd probably go to Willy Wonka...

but if pertaining to the message, i'd go with Charlie...

have you noticed the first film focused more on Charlie (even though it entitled Willy Wonka) and the more recent one focused more on Willy (even though it was entitled Charlie, etc.)??  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 pm
devilsmokinangel
Ursaula
I like them more in the 1st move there songs were better and they looked better , well at least they werent just one person.. what movie did u like them more in?

I liked them better in the 1st movie too razz they were cute ^__^  

Ursaula

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:36 pm
yeah cuter and better altogether did u notice in the 2nd version of the movie that the oompa loompas where the same person??? LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm
I know lol, but still, they were cuter and better in the first movie.  

Ursaula

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 am
i really like the new one with johnny depp as willy wonka. tim burton also did a great job directing it and he also kept very close the book which the old didnt.

the old one pretty much just scared the crap out of me! i mean what was up with that creepy tunnel??!! that had nothing to do with chocolate so it shouldnt have been in there!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 am
orginal was way better  

shmeather

sparkness

Naughty Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 pm
User Image

I'm going to have to side with the orignal... :] Just everything about the movie I like. Except for one part when their in the tunnel and u see the bugs, and the chicken getting cut. I didn't like that at all.

And the re-make, Johnny Depp was just to creepy for me to like the movie. Though the running into the invisible thingy (was it the elevator? I can't remember) a few times was funny to me.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 pm
I love the original! It is my all time favorite movie. I didn't care too much for the remake. I love Johnny Depp and I did think that his sarcasm in the remake was very funny, but over all it was a very creepy version. Based more on the book by Roald Dahl than the original movie was, but still creepy just the same.  

Atomic Pixie7

Creator of Ray Brekon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 pm
It's hard to say which one I liked better because I liked both for different reasons.
The original one had semi-great musical numbers only because they get stuck in you head more easily that Johnny Depp's version. But the new version had ok songs too . . . it's hard based off of songs alone.
The old version didn't really explain Mr. Wonka very much whereas the new one did creepily. But the older version didn't portray Veruca too much
as a complete b***h. Though Veruca is more of one anyway, the old one expressed it more. But, the new one portrayed Violet as the b***h more when she really isn't one . . . she's just cocky.
It's really hard to say because Gene and Johnny are both great actors. But since you're squinting your eyes trying to finish reading this fluff sentence, my answer to which I prefer is . . .
BOTH!

"I can't see what it says at the bottom!" (Mike TeeVee from older one)  
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff