Submit

TWILIGHT DOMINATION!!!!!
  HELL YA
  NOPE
  WTF
View Results

Intangible Isolde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 pm
Im in college too but my teacher got mad at me when I started reading Twilight because it is a YA book. I was like WTF? My mom reads the books.
But yeah I know what you mean.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 pm
Here Here! This whole Twilight obsession is bugging me to no end. I remember back then when I only knew like 5 people who had read the book. Now everywhere I look it's twilight Twilight TWILIGHT. My bookstores are being taken over by the series; it has it's own section. Now that it's become so ridiculously popular my liking for the book has decreased dramatically..  

KiraLight
Crew

Heavens unReliable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Virti
Ok Ok...heres what happened.

I go to a university....and instead of lectures in a small room....we have like an auditorium full of(100 or so) people listening to just one person...so our teacher was late....everyone, and i mean everyone pulled out a twilight book.

I was like WTH.

everywhere you look it was like the only colors you see was red,black, and white (the covers have the same color scheme)

I guess what im trying to say is....i liked it when 1/3 of the world was reading twilight, but now the entire world is reading it......

ahhhhh TWILIGHT DOMINATION

I never felt this happen when harry potter was out

the fact that its that popular, we should see a glimpse of light after the whole upset on midnight sun. hopefully the increase of the whole twilight saga fan would motivate stephenie meyer to finish edward's book.

its only wishful thinking, i know.
but there's the possibility.

ps. i caught my bus driver reading it. andshe's already on her 60's.
she loves the series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 pm
i just hate ppl who are just picking up the book now and claiming theyve been a fan all along and i love twilight and they read the book like once
and there are us true fans who read the book like constantly
i mean twilight is practically my bible  

LexiLu Latte

cutepupster38

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 pm
Yes, I do have to agree that too many people are reading twilight. Most of the people are just reading it because everyone else they know is reading it. And I have a friend who didn't want to buy the books so she got them from the library and she put a hold on it and there were like 500 holds!! I was like holy crap!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm
At first I seen the books in a bookstore and went right by them thinking that they would be stupid but surprisingly a few of my buddies were like you have to read this series because it is good. This was before everyone started to read it so I was like OK I'll give it a shot and ended up loving them.  

blaze1184

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 pm
I can't say I dislike it, partly because I am one of those late bloomers.

Does it really matter if millions of people are reading it now?
It doesn't really affect you directly in any way. Plus, it gets people into books. It got me into reading and I'm really glad that I started to read them. I started because my sister and a few of my friends told me to read them, and I have to admit I was very reluctant until my resolve started to waver (I thought they looked like really bad books . . .).

These books aare what started me readng. I never minded reading, if someone gave me a book, I would read it, but I would never go buy books. They never held much appeal. It was these books that got me into reading, and now I'm planning on going to Coles after school tomorrow to buy I Am America (And So Can You!).

And I wouldn't really want to deny other people that discovery because I don't like how so many people are reading Twilight now. It's really not that fair. Let people discover reading anyway they want to, even if it's just reading a book because it's popular. It's better than having tons of people lazing aroung watching T.V and letting their minds turn to mush. I'd rather live with an intellegent population.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:16 pm
i know right! months ago me and my friends could read it in peace, nobody even knew it, and now the entire freaking school is like "OMG cant wait for the twilight movie" and "WTF breaking dawn kicked butt"
gahh this sux. but oh well...just gotta deal with it.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

FrenchHornQueen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 pm
I LOVE the books. I've read them several times, but i just dont understand why, because theres a movie coming out means masses of people should just pick up the book. why are we surrounded by such air heads and followers?
Destory them burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:22 pm
I don't mind the fact that a lot of people are reading the books, what really sucks for me is that I have to share my celebrity crush of Robert Pattinson, with, oh, I don't know, a lot of other girls on my Guard team. One of the girls is the captain who scares the bejesuz out of me.  

stareyed_in_LA

ActOnYourImpulse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:41 am
Why does it bother you? It educates the stupid people who believe in stereo ypes. I was in towns one day and some noob comes up...
"You like Vampires?"
"Yea..."
"Why?"
"Because I do."
"You're mean and insane. Vampires suck! All they are is flying rats!"
"Wtf are you talking about?"
"yea they turn into bats and crap and pollute the world of vampires!"
"*twitches* I'm going to walk away from your retardness now..."
"What?!?"
"Exactly! *logs out*"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:19 pm
all of the girls in my homeroom have read or reading twilight.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:28 pm
Yeah, it's cool. But it's very bothersome at the same time because I liked it when the movie wasnt even a thought. I liked it when only the 4 people at my school knew about the book and no one else did. I think now most of the readers today and obsessors are the people who heard about the movie and saw the interviews on MTV and decided to read on it. I really dont like that. =/  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:33 pm
Yeah it annoys me a little.
Cause a friend of mines told me about the book a long time ago. And then in 2007 I finally wanna read it since thats all she would ever talk about, so then I read it 2008, and I read it when it was too damn famous.
And now its like DAMN!

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Twisted Creativity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 pm
*Dances* Haha! Push Harry Potter aside! TWILIGHT IS GOING TO TAKE OVER NOW! xd  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff