Submit

The88YearOldProstitute v2

Hallowed Pumpkin

13,525 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:47 pm
I used to be one of those people who was always dissing the book even though I had never read it. Then one night I was bored, nothing was on TV, the computer held no interest to me, so I went into my sisters room and took her twilight book and began reading, my origional intentions were to make fun of the book the whole time I read it because how could something so lame be good?? I ended up falling in love with the book, and I;ve re-read the series over 5 times....i guess its not a lame book after all XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:57 pm
Well my friend had read it and told me that I should read it, that it was a book i would like. And so i read it and you know what I didn't just like it I LOVED IT!!!! still love it and all of Stephenie's books! The funny thing is, that is the book that started my bookworm streak. Now i can't get away from books. I am always reading now!  

Bellome_18

cutepupster38

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 pm
My BFF is a romance-lover and she kept on saying how she couldn't wait for BD to come out (this was before BD came out) and she finally convinced me to read it, so I borrowed her books and read 'em and loved 'em!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:36 am
Well, i think it first started when i was on photobucket for no particular reason, and i saw an Edward Cullen sexier than you since 1901 and i'm like... Hmm...

So like two weeks later, i was profile hopping on Gaia, and i saw this one profile practically dedicated to Twilight, it had all these icons, so i googled the name and stuff and google told me it was a book.
So a few minutes after finding out it was a book i went onto my libraries website and requested the Twilight series, finally (3 months later), i got New Moon and Eclipse from the library.
I loved them so much i bought Twilight the day after, and after reading Twilight like 9 times in a week, im like... thats it im buying my own copy of New Moon and Eclipse..
theres my lame a** story =)  

xXserenitys-smileXx

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:15 pm
because im such a loner, i only have two friends. (okay, there are more, but i consider these two my like really good friends. the others are just.. there) anywho, we all share mostly the same taste in music, books and movies. acouple years ago, my one friend was reading this book, and we had asked her what she was reading and she told us twilight (obviously), and so it was passed around the circle (more like a triangel, considering there are only three of us). im always the last one to read the books since i somehow am the last one to get it in the circle, but yeah. its fun. though my friend (the first one to get the book) is hardcore twilghter.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:37 pm
It was around halloween and a few friends were talking about good vampire books and they mentioned something about Twilight and it sounded interesting, so after a while I checked it out and loved it! So glad I found out about it.  

Cat_Fairy

Marching Band no Jutsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:09 pm
well my sister had read them and I wanted to read them but she said they were too girly but then when I saw the poster for Breaking Dawn I begged to read them and my mom finally told her that I could do what I want.
And I love it, and I have gotten all of my friends into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:47 pm
I actualy had just finished reading a vamoure book by R.L. Stine about a few days after Twilight first initialy came out and I saw the words vampire and automaticly picked it up. I read the last chapter before I read anything else and knew deep down inside of me that it was the book for me and boy was I right!  

Goddess Of The Impossible

3,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 pm
Okay, I first heard of Twilight on Gaia. One of my friend's was explaining how great this book was, and I decided that one day I should read it (Not really expecting to enjoy it.) Anyway, 3 months on, I was wandering around my local bookstore, trying to choose something! That's when I saw Twilight. I remembered my friend telling me about it and I bought it. 2 days later, I was re-reading it. 4 days later, I'D FINISHED THE ENTIRE SERIES. It was so good, I never wanted it to end. I cried when I reached the last page of Breaking Dawn. Naturally, I had to share my love with everyone and I automatically sent requests to 'bout 10 Twilight Guilds and well... here I am!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am
Well i always was a big fan of vampires ever since i was about five years old.I would always be reading different books about them and studying myths about them.How i got into twilight was thanks to my friend meagan she always was reading them.One day i got curious enough to ask her what it was about. When she told me i was so curious of the book so i bought the first one and ever since i could'nt put it down.I am almost ready to go ontot the second book now.  

Beloved_angels_servant

One of Many Interests

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:18 pm
Well, it was a day like any other, and I, being me, decided to call my good friend, Allana, and chat about this n' that.
So I did, and she told me at one point in the conversation about some romantic vampire book she was reading. I rolled my eyes and ignored her as she blabbed on and on about the idiotic book she was telling me about. "...and his dad just told her dad that he doesn't know his daughter as well as he thinks he does. I mean, oh my god, he's so right! Her boyfriend is a vampire and her best friend is a werewolf! Really, like, what does that say about her taste in boys? Ugh, I so hate that stupid mutt! He's replacing Edward, and this book is so sad, sad, sad!"
I hung up.
The next day, she was pretty pissed, but she forgave me on one condition, one that almost made me blow my top.
"Read Twilight!"
"NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" I bellowed. No way was I going to read any of her crappy books. She had awful taste in books. How could she dream of doing this to me?!
But I did, because we are friends.
And I liked it, though I'm hard on books and returned a badly beaten paperback copy without a cover, which I blamed on someone who'd stepped on it while I was getting some books from my locker.
A few weeks later, I'd nearly forgotten about Twilight, after chastising my friend for mentioning it too much. She'd let up a bit with the Twilight mania. After all, it wasn't that great. Just a good and intriguing book.
Then my mom came home one day and passed out books to all three of us, my brother and sister and I. My book, was, of course, New Moon. I took the hard-back copy from her, noting with pleasure that because it was a hard back copy I may not annhilate it as quickly (I still have that exact copy. The binding is destroyed and I've highlighted and bookmarked it repeatedly.). I squealed and happy-danced, shreiking joyfully, to an annoyed grunt from my little brother. My little sister was too busy sulking over the fact that "his book is so much better than mine!" to notice.
"Yay!" I cried. "You bought the second book!"
She chuckled and smiled.
I read it all in one sitting, crying theatrically until I knew everything was going to be okay and Edward was back.
Days later, I convinced my mom to take me to Barnes and Noble so that I could purchase the third installment to the series, Eclipse.
The reading of that one wasn't nearly as theatrical, interesting, or eventful. I read it, loved it, and wondered when Stephenie Meyer would announce that she was writing another book.
A few months later, I visited her site and saw that she was writing a book called "Breaking Dawn," the fourth and last installment to the Twilight series, as well as another novel, The Host.
I was happy, but not ecstatic.
Not much later, my friend (Yes, little Mrs. Obsessed.) convinced me to visit fanfiction.net.
I doubted my parents would let me, but I did eventually anyway, because I'm a very bad girl.
I was dismayed to discover that I couldn't actually write anything until three days had gone by, but I got busy reading other peoples' fanfictions.
I found one in particular, Juxtaposition by binaryeclipse.
It was spectacular, as I recall. Well written, fabulous plot. I suggest you read it. It's unbeleivable. But the thing is that at the time, it wasn't done. And I wasn't allowed on the internet during the week.
So after a lot of awful struggling in my keyboarding class, I improved enough that I had extra time after my lessons, as well as Fridays, during which we were given total free time. For some reason, fanfiction hadn't been blocked from the school computers. So I went there and enjoyed the thankfully frequently updates until the story was over. By that time, I was a complete Twihard, complete with screaming Edward's name over and over again in the halls and shreiking at the idiots in my advanced placement class when they told me that "I LOVE JACOB". I was Team Edward, utterly and completely. They still rib on me constantly. I retaliate with Team Edward T-shirts, carrying all of my books around as I did the year before, and continuing my fan-mania.
And of course, we all know that Stephenie Meyer came up with her story through a dream. I began to dream about Edward. One in particular caught my eye (not to mention that I remembered it when I woke up), and it consisted of Edward becoming human... and well... that's about it, actually.
But it had a devastating effect on my sanity.
And I became a Cullen for life, a fanpire, a Twihard, a Die-Hard Twilight Fan.
Of course there's much more, because the fanmania never ends, but that's the main story. Oh, the other stories I could tell, though. You'd be surprised.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:39 pm
such a great book...idk what happened with me, but ive loved it since last year. i think i just found it and thought the cover was awesome, like peaceful and stuff.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:40 pm
i finished breaking dawn in one shot. i read all day, NO STOPS at all. i think it was like 13 hours or something. i passed out tired then i had to spend the next day thinking about it haha  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 pm
I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan so I spent a lot of time on HP fan sites. When the teaser for Twilight was released it was mentioned on a whole bunch of HP sites because of Robert Pattinson. Out of curiosity I watched the trailer and thought it looked really interesting. Then all the hype for Twilight started building a bunch of my friends were gushing about it...so out of curiosity again I bought the first book to see what all the hype was about. After about the third page with Edward in it I was hooked. I bought the other two books (at the time) and read the first 3 in 4 days and then waited impatient for the Borders Breaking Dawn Midnight party to get the next book. I've been hooked ever since and have also gotten many other people hooked on it too since I discovered Twilight in June of 08.  

covo

snow_yuki aka a vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:25 pm
umm i was bombarded by 12 people(literally i can name them) but the all told me they would shoot me in the foot or take me to Italy (i got the joke latter) but i finally gave up and read the book after like page 18(when u first see them) i was stuck that's all  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff