Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Tell us What You'd Like to See in the Guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you like to see?
  Writing contests
  Art contests
  Guild involvement in Gaia events (halloween, easter, chirstmas, ect.)
  Other (tell us in the thread)
  A truck picks up three pounds of timber and drops off three kilos of wire mesh. If the truck was built before 1996, what color are my pants?
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:48 am
IY_and_MCR
Rellik San
You know anyone with Vice status can do that right?

Which would be helpful if we had a vice.

I do agree that our frontpage is in need of an update, but that'll probably be handled once lurichan decides what to do with guild ownership, since I doubt she has time herself.

Christmas is coming up. Anyone who wants to suggest event ideas should get on that. *hints*

Ahhh didn't know the place lacked a vice, my bad.

Event ideas, well how about a few literary comps (t'was the night before christmas and all through the house, nothing was stirring not even the voltaire loving mouse.)
Maybe an art competition (The blood spattering effect really does look festive) and a few silly comps, like most festive goth look, best cross dresser et'al.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 pm
I would prefer the writing contest because their you can use your gothic attitude and creativity  

ToWongFoo

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm
I'd make a contest, I just need someone with a massive gold hoard to handle the prizes.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:37 pm
I was thinking about making a new year's contest (that may or may not actually have anything to do with new year's), so, er, more on that later?  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 pm
Let's make a couple contests, maybe a writing contest and an art or photo contest?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:55 pm
Sounds good, having a few things run through January.
Start the year off with a bang, or at least an easily audiable crackling noise.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:23 pm
We really need a crew discussion subforum. Or at least a topic where we can discuss things without outside interuption.

Alright, a possible art contest theme could be "Awakening" or "New Begining" or something around that area, because it's going to be a new year, and that just epitomizes the word "new" doesn't it...

The writing contest could be a short story one. Each entry will be submitted and then posted (by us) in the contest thread. Maybe we'll do a prompt, like write a tiny paragraph setting up something, and then saying at the end something like "and then it was never the same again." Then they'll have to write a short story based on what happens to some charachter after that senario. Best voted story wins.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm
I was thinking the same thing.
Being all out in the open definitely isn't the best option, and two or three mods contacting in PM which leaves the rest out.
And who wants to be left out?

Holycrapit'salreadythe29th.
I like the prompt idea for a written story as opposed to just a general theme. We'd just need to get one written up in time that's clear, but still loose enough for people to take it in different directions.

I'd also like/plan on making up some kind of spam forum contest/game at the last minuite.
This keeps our bases covered, giving people who don't want to art at us something to do too.

As for the arrangement of all this, have one thread in the main forum with links to contest threads. Keeping the actual contest threads in their respective subforums, yeah?  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:05 pm
....and I'm guessing Luri is the only one who can make this much needed subforum? Let's talk to her about it, we have enough gold, right?

I'll write one up tonight if I can, maybe a couple of them.

Spam forum contest? Hmm...something interesting involving the word "spam" maybe. Get people workin' on their Photoshop chops and art skillz huh?

Sound good.

So this sounds like 3 contests. Art, Story, and Spam.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 am
I believe the guild has quite enough in its hidden depths to create a subform, if luri proves to not be dead, slumped somewhere in the depths of a retail chain.
If she does prove to be dead, I bet we could just start a thread in archives and no one would notice. Like, ever.

It'd be pretty awesome if you can manage to do that.
I can't make good prompts, they always turn into mini stories about young girls in a cephalopodwonderland.
Not helpful to the task at hand.

It's too bad Spam, the cured meat product+new years isn't an easier concept to combine. There will be brainstorming on this.

'kay.

Three sounds right. Enough to hypothetically involve most everyone, without being maddening.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:43 pm
I like your thinking. Archives, no one will notice. Unless someone's been following our posts on this thread and starts habitually checking the archives section to see what we've been plotting.

I made two prompts. My computer decided it would be amusing and not connect to Gaia last night, so I couldn't send them to you.

Nothing wrong with cephalopodwonderland, but I prefer arachnidwonderland.

Three is the suposed magic number. But I prefer 7, 42, and 109.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 pm
And if that happens, we could pretend this was an elaborate trick to get someone into the archives.

At least it came to its senses today.

That sounds like more of a forrestofhorrors.
Unless they're scorpions instead of spiders and ticks. Scorpions are adorable.

Well, we're definitely not making 109 contests, and I like this a whole lot more than I should. So, three is pretty perfect for the situation.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm
A monster truck rally

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 pm
More Poetry?