Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Stuff About Bands
Suburban Legends ( PLEASE read the post on Oct 19th) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Murmur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:41 pm
King Of The Ska
I hate to inform all of you

Dallas Cook from Suburban Legends died this morning ( October 19th) at around 12:30 am in a motorcycle accident. crying
I know... I can't believe it... I don't want to believe it... WHY!!! Dallas didn't deserve to die... He was sssooo nice and friendly and funny... I was in shock when my friend told me after I got off work. I even tried calling Derek Rock, but he wouldn't pick up. I truely hope all of them are alright, especially Dallas' family.

Rest In Peace Dallas... You'll be missed terribly, no one can ever replace you...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:45 pm
Today is a dark day in SL history and in ska history in general show respect and mention a word about Ryan "DALLAS" Cook.
I still remember the first time seeing them the person that stood out was Dallas with his amazing tbone fighting skills. I will miss that and him in general. It just doesnt feel real. cry crying scream eek gonk mad  

skamatt

The Murmur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:54 am
skamatt
Today is a dark day in SL history and in ska history in general show respect and mention a word about Ryan "DALLAS" Cook.
I still remember the first time seeing them the person that stood out was Dallas with his amazing tbone fighting skills. I will miss that and him in general. It just doesnt feel real. cry crying scream eek gonk mad
Nicely put Matt... I feel real bad for Brian R... Poor guy. Damn, we gotta do something for the guys of SL and I'll give it to Derek to give to 'em all. Yeah? We'll look for stuff for it tomorrow while we get stuff for our act. Sound good?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:48 pm
I was depressed all day after hearing that. My friend asked me what was wrong and I choked up before I could tell him. SL is definitely one of my favorite bands EVER and it's going to feel so wrong to see them live without Dallas there.  

UreshiiNyoko

The Murmur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:39 pm
UreshiiNyoko
I was depressed all day after hearing that. My friend asked me what was wrong and I choked up before I could tell him. SL is definitely one of my favorite bands EVER and it's going to feel so wrong to see them live without Dallas there.
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but theres a high chance that SL will be no more. Honestly, a lot of things were going wrong with them. First off they kicked Aaron out, and yes they did KICK him out dispite what you may here that really how it went, and then Tim quiting to spend time with his family. Things were just getting good with them, they got a new studio and then Vince came back and they just finished training their new trumpet player, THEN Dallas gets killed. SL was going to break up when they kicked out Aaron and Tim quit, I think for sure this time something like this will have SL finished. That and it would just be out of respect they not do any of that again, let alone the feeling of a loved one that you spent almost every day with for 5 years. It would kill you inside. Hell, I knew them pretty damn well from the beggining and it kills me to even listen to them. It's just too hard. That and Brian R. is taking it the hardest because of obvious reasons, His best friend dying and even worse, dying on his birthday. If thats not ******** up I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:53 pm
So juan are we going on sunday for sure? Its going to be sooo depressing. talk2hand  

skamatt

The Murmur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:13 pm
skamatt
So juan are we going on sunday for sure? Its going to be sooo depressing. talk2hand
Yeah, we're going for sure. Damn... It is going to depressing...
*sigh* Why couldn't it have been Aaron?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:29 pm
I hate living so far away though. Even if it was never the same I'd want to see them live [/selfish moment]

I figured they'd break up soon but I just wanted to get out there before the big split. To make it even worse he died in a hit and run.  

UreshiiNyoko

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:46 pm
Twas a sad day in the world of ska.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 pm
Well I may just have the news to cheer you all up.

Ok so I just got off the phone with Derek Lee Rock, and everyone is doing much better than expected. They are dealing with it well and Dallas' family doing well also. Not only that but they are sill doing the show at the iMusicast. Yes I know it won't be the same, BUT they're doing it because it's what Dallas would have wanted. He wouldn't want them to just be sad and do nothing. They are also still very much interesting in making more demos such as their newly released "Come Back Home" song (Which is on my myspace if anyone wants to hear it).
Its funny. They really do hold true to what they say... "Crackin' smiles even when we're sad. Thats just the way it goes in a ska band"

With that I am off and hope to see some of you at the memorial this Sunday. Best wishes to all of you.

The Murmur

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:19 pm
I nominate SL to be god. domokun heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:23 pm
SL came to town once, but I missed it. And I mean literally TOWN. They played in the skating rink in my actual town, which is quite rare. This was before my interests in ska peaked, and all I got out of their visit was a burned CD.

But man is it awesome.

Time to go listen to it.

RIP Dallas.  

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Speed Calypso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:39 am
King Of The Ska

Dallas Cook from Suburban Legends died this morning ( October 19th) at around 12:30 am in a motorcycle accident. crying

...Damn! I had come in here to be happy... ;-;

I loved seeing them dance around the stage and flinging there horns... Twas beautiful... I still havent found their CD anywhere, which is most heartbreaking.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:56 pm
yeah i guess they are a boy band XD rofl  

asianska104

asianska104

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:31 pm
King Of The Ska

crying He was the best guy too gonk  
Stuff About Bands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces